1.5 AV please please please

Please blizzard your making a huge mistake fix AV. Like tmrw come out and say AV will be tweaked to 1.5esque and youtube will blow up, everyone will be giving you praise. The nerds like me will promote you closer to the gabe jesus level of game development for doing it too. You have fallen in the past few years, redeem yourself.

AV being too much effort is not a valid excuse to me blizzard. I don’t care how much work it takes just do it. We all know you can do it, so buckle down be a good bliz bliz and do it.

1.5 AV boys, 2+ day battles lets go right now! DEFEND THE BRIDGEEEEEEE

52 Likes

I’m with ya bro, and have the same feels.

It just looks like there’s no chance.

7 Likes

nah

12 Likes

We’re stuck with loot trading instead of gms. We’re stuck with RCR instead of gms. We’re stuck with the 8.X client instead of an authentic engine. We’re stuck with virtual cloud servers instead of real servers. We’re stuck with battlenet integration instead of a stand-alone platform. And we’re stuck with 1.12 AV instead of a progressive AV.

At every turn when faced between an authentic answer that would cost more, they’ve gone with the lazy cheap answer.

You need to accept it and pray it doesn’t get worse.

7 Likes

I don’t think it is that they don’t want to, they just can’t re-create a Blizzard quality Alterac Valley 1.5.

I’ve heard some stuff about how private servers did this, and surprise, things like placement of the mines (land mines) etc. were a total guess.

They will get flamed regardless. It is better to have an authentic AV from some patch they have than a made up one that approximates something.

That said, if they come up with an earlier version, I would certainly like to play it.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. I keep hearing people say they could recreate an earlier version, and they probably could get pretty close. But any derivation from the original would be met with hatred and it’s probably not worth the effort to try.

2 Likes

Vanilla warts and all, 1.12, #nochange.

7 Likes

If its a choice between 1.5 and 1.12 they should do 1.5 or a compromise of like 1.7 or something like that where theres some nurfs but AV is generally still intact. People won’t hate on it if they don’t know that things have changed they just remember the 2 day battles. That’s all they have to do and have it be pretty close and just say :wink: its all 100% legit and everyones happy.

6 Likes

It’s not a choice though.

1 Like

or #no changes and roll out the patches of AV like they were

I see no reason why not, more people seem to prefer earlier versions to 1.12.
The only hate are those who use to spread the wall of no.

Plus they are already doing unclassic things like withholding content and releasing it in loads with 1.12 talents.

2 Likes

#Frankenpatch ?

So, if you’re for a #frankenpatch does that mean you’re off team #nochange ? Is this a schism or is it some kind of deal with the devil happening here?

I want the most authentic vanilla WoW experience possible, and that means 1.5 AV, the AV we all remember. Why would you choose the version of AV that was only out for like 3months. The other version was out for at least a year and a half from what I remember.

2 Likes

1.5 was only out for a few months before it started being changed.

1.5 7/05
1.7 9/05
1.8 10/05
1.12 8/06

4 Likes

1.5 wasn’t out for a year and ahalf nearly every patch up till 1.12 was a change in some way to AV. And most of them major changes and for the better so please no no no to 1.5 AV

4 Likes

The classic content release schedule is a franken patch.

5 Likes

Blair ive asked you to expand your opinion to something that’s constructive and makes sense and isn’t just random words thrown together and so far you have failed to do that.

I do not believe you ever played WoW Vanilla, stop trolling.

1 Like

You’re demanding constructive posts as you rail about something you know you won’t be getting?

1 Like

Blizzard change there mind all the time about things.

2 Likes

But this isn’t a case where they can “choose” to do or not do something.