1.12...What's the point?

Do we have any links to that or anything we can see? I’ve heard this but I don’t remember them saying it, of course I’ve been busy as of late so i’m not that up to date on everything.

My understanding is they have everything…that nothing was lost…they have backups.

Now you’re hinging the entirety of the post on that one line. No, you’re not for nochanges. Nochanges is what the OP suggests. You’re not for the original vanilla experience either. You’re for a 1.12 build applied to all content patches. And thats fine. But please don’t pretend it’s a #nochanges perspective; it’s few enough changes that you’re alright with. But it’s not nochanges, that’s what the OP is suggesting. They could change the classes/talents/numbers with each wave to make it more of an authentic Vanilla experience.

2 Likes

I love when people tell me what I think and what I want.

You made a bad comparison, got called out and now you’re huffing and puffing over it. Get over it.

I wanted no changes but that ship sailed a long time ago. Now it’s all about the U.S.S. Damage Control.

2 Likes

You admit it’s not nochanges.

So go on about me huffing and puffing thinking I actually have pride over a line I said that I knew was up for debate, but in reality you’re not getting the nochanges you want. “I love when people tell me what I think”—shibah, in the exact same post he’s telling someone else what they think.

If you want me to speak precisely as you indicated my comparison was off, look in the mirror and speak precisely yourself. You’re not advocating for #nochanges, its #authentic1.12build that you’re pushing for.

For the record: saying the end of Vanilla is the most complete Vanilla is exactly like saying where WoW currently is (it’s current end) is the most complete WoW. If you can’t upscale that, then you’re truly a person who can only see apples to apples to apples

Yes I admit reality is reality and not exactly what I want.

I think all of us would have preferred to start from the beginning and roll through the patches, but Blizzard stated very early on that was not going to happen. They said they would pick a point and base the rest of it off of that.

They went with 1.12 because it had all of the class updates and several other things fixed. Was it the easiest to do? Possibly, but that doesn’t negate the previous fact.

The no changes thing has always been nothing more than to make sure things from outside the time period didn’t get put in. It has never been about wanting every single thing to be exact, Blizzardbtold us from the start that wasn’t happening.

1 Like

Entire Op’s post TLDR: ‘Blizz, make Classic as much like my private server as possible. Or you’ll lose money, or you’ll fail, or you’ll lose subs etc…’

They want 1.5av but 1.6 battlemasters but 1.12 talents but 8 debuff slots but no falling through the world but merchant buyback but enough quests to hit 60 but connected flightpaths…

They want the private server frankenpatches. Thankfully Blizz isn’t catering to this sort of nonsense.

1.12 was and will continue to be the right choice.

5 Likes

im probably wrong but i vaguely remember them mentioning during one of the last two blizzcons that they got lucky and found an old back up of 1.12. Before that they had nothing.

Other than debuff slots being at 16 (which Blizzard has not stated one way or the other I think…) and the final version of talents, what makes you think it will be faceroll?

Faceroll compared to what patch? 1.2, 1.9 which exactly.

I think it also overlooks that some broken/OP stuff was removed by 1.12. Like Lupos, a highly sought after hunter pet doing shadow damage.

We don’t know how pet damage, debuff slots (again not sure on that one), itemization and what drops will or won’t be in the game. Blizzard is smart enough to know that Titanic Leggings should not be there at launch.

You can throw away every private server BiS list just about because Dire Maul, Zul’Gurub, Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj won’t be in the game. Players going into Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair for the first time will be wearing a mix of crafted items and drops from 5-mans mostly.

As far as talents go, they are making the right decision imo.

1 Like

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=668429222
It’s already been figured out.

Please just watch the whole thing. It will help answer a lot of your questions.

1 Like

You wouldn’t want a painting that is a quarter finished would you?

That list includes a lot of stuff from content that won’t be released for a while. Dire Maul, Zul’Gurub, PVP system, etc.

Furthermore interview with top players suggest that these guides are usually wrong for at least 2-3 pieces.

I think you’ve completely missed the concept.

The content will be released in 6 phases across an undefined number of months/years. The 1.12 statement is the base system with all appropriate fixes and settings.

uhh, looking at it right now, I’m seeing zero pvp gear or dire maul gear on any list.

scratch that, it includes the DM capes on the prot warrior list as well as rank 3 cape.

So it includes like 3 pieces of gear on one spec. It looks about perfect.

This is the pre 1.4 itemization list, if we go with 1.12 itemization it’s just as easy to google.

Are those the lists of BiS for Content Patch 1? Which people are writing specifically to exclude stuff not available in other Content Patches?

Not directly made for content patch 1, but it fits for it.

Might be off depending on which itemization blizzard uses. If they decide to go with pre 1.4 itemization, itll be correct. You can search for one that uses 1.12 itemization and 1.4 items though just as easily as I found the one linked above.

The first content patch is up to Patch 1.2 I believe. Dire Maul is definitely in the second Content Patch.

Dire Maul is in Content Patch 2, which may be 2-3 months after release, depending on their desired release schedule. Well after people have killed MC with pre-1.4 gear.

Yeah, there’s 3 items on there from DM on a single spec. Looks like the whole list is invalidated :no_mouth: