1.12...What's the point?

I feel that you are taking the easy way out.

Why not start closer to the beginning, rather than dropping us a few patches away from TBC? Give the people a true classic experience. I understand that you want to release certain content at different times, to somewhat imitate how it all went down.

Why not just show them how it all went down? We already know how competitive this is going to be, that content is going to be cleared out in no time at all. Just make them wait. Make them run the same content over and over and over.

I guess when you said we can go back, you meant that we could go back to right before the release of TBC. Sure you are giving us classic, but you aren’t giving us the original experience by any means. In fact, from what I have read it will be nothing like it. A simple imitation.

To me this sounds as if it will be over relatively quick. If you take it back further, everyone wins. You will probably even make more money. If you want to be realistic, that’s good for all of us. Better content, better blizz, more fans and more support.

Not everyone got to experience this wonderful game from the very beginning. Let the ones that missed out have a true taste. I know you are more than capable.
#nochanges

6 Likes

More kvetching…

The Classic Devs had to pick a point and they did. I believe it was explained in one of the stickied threads.

23 Likes

So what you want is talent revamps every patch, gear stats and models being changed every patch and the chance to exploit bugs while they are up.

How about… #nochanges

5 Likes

If you won’t bother looking up why 1.12 was selected I won’t help explain it.

But the point is that the difference from 1.12, to 8.0 is FAR greater than the difference between 1.0 and 1.12. I’m grateful for anything before 2.0

3 Likes

A natural patch progression would be nice, but it’s just not feasible. They’d have to reconstruct the old versions by painstakingly reverse engineering from patch notes. Even then it wouldn’t be exact. (They claim to have lost the data for 1.1-1.11) If they won’t pay for customer service, no way in hell they’d ever pay to reverse engineer patches.

1 Like

That right there nails the issue with classic and the decisions blizzard has been making.

A position which ultimately just ends up at 1.12 anyways.

1 Like

Yes as blizzard explained, what they consider the most complete version of vanilla.

I don’t know why people want to pretend that WoW launched, then stayed exactly the same, then 1.12 happened.

2 Likes

I don’t know why you are pretending people have said as much. I guess you like strawmen or something.

1 Like

What middle ground are you proposing? 1.5 as it was? Wouldn’t that be missing Naxx and AQ and i think ZG?

1 Like

Sigh… do some reading.

They could only get the data from the archive of the latest patches. Hence 1.12. And it was the most complete version in design as well.

2 Likes

We could just say “They’ve already gone over this in the Blue post” but that wouldn’t really matter in this case.

Is the goal to recreate Vanilla or recreate 1.12? Because the nochanges people here seem to claim it’s to recreate what Vanilla was, then state 1.12 was the true Vanilla. That’s like saying modern WoW is the most complete WoW.

If they’re going to release content in patches and have it in its 1.12 state the whole time, that’s fine, but stop saying it’s to recreate the authentic Vanilla experience. That would involve patch talent and class development. Don’t call it “nochanges”, call it “authentic 1.12” because it’s not nochanges, running through MC with 1.12 changes is not authentic nor is it #nochanges

No, it’s like saying current BfA is the most complete BfA, which is a fact.

4 Likes

That was one small similie I made, irrespective of the entire point, and is semantics by how you split things up. One way is by expansions. Respond to anything other than that simple sentence that as I was typing I had a feeling someone would try to use to discredit what I was actually saying.

I wasn’t discrediting anything, merely correcting your comparison.

An irrelevant comparison in the scope of this thread. Care to comment on the rest of what I said?

"I don’t want people getting too far ahead of me–I want to make my own crummy pvp video in sony vegas too. "

Just accept that some people are going to be in hardcore guilds and you’re going to be left behind. Just as some people will be left behind you, maybe.

1 Like

Is it irrelevant if you were using it to make your opening point?

You misunderstand #nochages. It’s to counter the trolls and or retail players that want features like transmog added, at least in my understanding. Obviously we’ve already made changes: loot trading in raids, BfA client, no wall jumping, potential sharding, class bug fixes, etc. The goal is to keep it as close to 1.12 as possible to recreate the general Vanilla experience.

Obviously it is impossible to recreate the original launch of WoW exactly because time travel is unavailable at this time.

2 Likes

There are no true Scotsman.