1.12...What's the point?

I think you’ve completely missed the concept.

The content will be released in 6 phases across an undefined number of months/years. The 1.12 statement is the base system with all appropriate fixes and settings.

uhh, looking at it right now, I’m seeing zero pvp gear or dire maul gear on any list.

scratch that, it includes the DM capes on the prot warrior list as well as rank 3 cape.

So it includes like 3 pieces of gear on one spec. It looks about perfect.

This is the pre 1.4 itemization list, if we go with 1.12 itemization it’s just as easy to google.

Are those the lists of BiS for Content Patch 1? Which people are writing specifically to exclude stuff not available in other Content Patches?

Not directly made for content patch 1, but it fits for it.

Might be off depending on which itemization blizzard uses. If they decide to go with pre 1.4 itemization, itll be correct. You can search for one that uses 1.12 itemization and 1.4 items though just as easily as I found the one linked above.

The first content patch is up to Patch 1.2 I believe. Dire Maul is definitely in the second Content Patch.

Dire Maul is in Content Patch 2, which may be 2-3 months after release, depending on their desired release schedule. Well after people have killed MC with pre-1.4 gear.

Yeah, there’s 3 items on there from DM on a single spec. Looks like the whole list is invalidated :no_mouth:

Perfectly acceptable for Content Patch 2 Pre Raid BiS.

Or you could just look one slot down for the item below the DM cape…

It was also explained at BlizzCon that 1.12 was about the earliest data they had access to. They mentioned having stuff “from even earlier” but it’s not clear what they meant by that, or how far back “even earlier” went.

The earliest complete data they had access to. They had bits and pieces but no complete wholes before that.

Yeah, that’s my interpretation of it too. I just didn’t want to say that outright. I’ve got a target on my back on these forums as it is.

Admit when you’re wrong or can’t find sources, provide sources when you can :-p

Well, I admitted to being wrong about the Wall of No. :smiley: Does that count?

Yet you are still doing the very same thing, but now are focusing on the wall of no: data/version edition.

Thanks, I’ve watched that before but forgot and within the first 10 mins they answer the question. They had a backup of a backup on a backup and when they did their patches back in the day they would re-write over old patch data and thus all the old versions of the game are gone.

They just have 1.12…what an oversight on their part back then, not to save all that data instead of just re-writing over it every new patch. Maybe if they keep looking they’ll find more :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Doubtful. If they don’t have it, they don’t have it.

Even if thy could find father back blizzard stated already they have no intentions of running 2 full fledge mmos. So they weren’t making a project that they were gonna have to patch and make changes to every few months.

It is doubtful. I belive they also had the first batch of code on magnetic tape, which would be use over and over. My first real job was working as a computer operator for a hospital in central California and we had to back up to those huge reels of tape from the mainframe every night.

Today storage is much cheaper and better ways of even saving different branches and versions. Back then it was expensive.

1 Like

Did you watch the video? They got lucky with finding 1.12 data, they had to find them off-site and on old backups.

Wouldn’t be so sure they can’t find more data out there, former employees,backups that haven’t been gone through yet,found yet, in storage,etc,etc, however UN-likely that may be.

I do agree that its very unlikely but it could happen.

1 Like