1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Old AV is objectively less conducive to zerging. The people asking for old AV know this, therefore they are less concerned with optimal zerging, therefore they are less likely to zerg.

You mean where retail players were just grinding their korrak mount or whatever? Clearly the same people as the classic players asking for old AV.

I can only infer that you’re disregarding the feedback, since you believe that it won’t change how they play despite what they’re saying.

Okay? What “majority?” 90%? 60%? 40% is a lot of people to ignore, and a lot of people who impact what the majority does. Zerging is objectively optimal for honor farm, and old AV objectively has more obstacles to zerging. You can speculate all you want about how much or how little impact this will have, but it’s absolutely worth trying it first to find out, because everyone on both sides agrees on how 1.12 will go.

3 Likes

The same was true in early vanilla.

It is extremely relevant because the zerg did not become the go to strat until reinforcements. It was not the play style before then.

Do i need to explain to why zerging was created by reinforcements and not 1.12 AV again?

Games that were not zergs were common place in 1.12 AV because reinforcements were not a thing. See above I can explain why again if you don’t understand why people will try to win as long as there is a real chance of it.

sigh
It is clear that you are going to persist in denying that zerging began in late vanilla.

1 Like

Um… it did not…

That you saw a zerg happen in 1.12 did not mean it was the way the map was playedin 1.12.

It objectively doesn’t stop it, which is all that matters.

Oh and people grinding rank is going to be so much different lol

Feedback? You think feedback of people saying “I won’t rush” matters? Are you actually this gullible?

And people will still objectively zerg and it’s going to objectively change nothing as this has objectively been proven when it was objectively released again.

I never said it stops it, I said it reduces it, which results in more variety in games, which is why people want it.

That’s what WSG/AB were for, pre-1.12

Thanks for proving that you’re arguing in bad faith. Yes, clearly people are asking for old AV, which is much worse for rushing, because they just want to rush.

Some people still zerging =/= nothing changing. Again with your binary nonsense, going back to the “zerg vs turtle” mentality. LESS zerging = MORE variety. We don’t now to what degree. It’s worth trying to find out.

1 Like

You have the option to pvp plenty in 1.12 AV, take it.

Wow, your level of clueless is staggering.

Neither of you are worth engaging any more.

1 Like

It objectively doesn’t reduce it proven by retail.

But now we know better. And found out how good AV is. It’s objectively better.

Bad faith would be lying to prove my point. Such as your argument. History has proven what I am saying correct. The only thing you have is “because I said so”.

There’s nothing binary about it. You can only look at what has happened in the past and what people are like today. If you don’t believe this will happen then you have a baby brain.

Because we prove your argument to be invalid? I would be quiet if I were you too.

I would like the many options I had to contribute in pre-1.12 AV, it made the game much less repetitive.

Why?

Because you realize 1.12 AV was not a zerg? And you’ve been fear mongering this entire time?

hm… 1.12 still has the mines and what not.

I TOTALLY agree with your post @Shiyoakemi!

We can literally have the old AV feel if people are required to complete objectives before they go to the next station. For instance, in order to move forward to the next tower, you’d have to gather enough resources to get the cavalry. Or even getting towards the end, you’d need to summon the elemental lords!

So many ways that Blizzard can improve the user experience without any significant cost.

I wrote a post about it here: @Blizzard: You can save Alterac Valley

Thanks for keeping the conversation alive!

2 Likes

1.12 still has the mines and you can still summon the big things.

Retail is not proof of anything in classic whatsoever.

People knew long before 1.12 that bossrush AV was optimal, but it was far less common than in 1.12, where there were zero obstacles to it and zero fun in playing otherwise.

Misrepresenting my argument counts as lying. I didn’t say anything that other people haven’t, and you’re basically resorting “lol you’re all lying, you’ll just do what honor farmers do.” In other words, “you think you do but you don’t.”

“If it’s not 100% this way, nothing is changed” is binary, smoothbrain logic.

It wasn’t at all common in 1.12. Trying to pretend it was is just fear mongering.

1 Like

How about pservers making the 1.5 version of AV and guess what happened? Just take a wild guess on what happened. Here’s a hint, it’s not what you think it will be.

Source? Lol you clearly just made that you couldn’t be more obvious.

Oh I know what you’re argument is fully, I’m telling you that it’s incorrect.

That’s…that’s not even remotely close to ‘you think you do but you dont’. That’s ‘you think it’s going to happen like this but you have no idea what you’re talking about’.

I don’t doubt that you want it, no one is doubting that. And this analogy honestly just sums up your intelligence.

I played on Nost and it’s exactly what I said happened. Some games were still zergs, far fewer of them were than vanilla 1.12.

No, you’ve said verbatim not to trust people who imply they’re going to play differently, so you are precisely saying “you think you do but you don’t.” Take your Blizzard bootlicking to retail.

I never played on a pserver, but I did not have any experience where rushing was the go to strat on a real server until reinforcements.