@Blizzard: You can save Alterac Valley

To whomever this may concern,

I wanted to write this post to address a growing concern in my mind. Something I’ve been pondering for months now since classic was released.

A few things come to mind:

What will Alterac Valley be like now?

How will you address the issue of AV becoming this rush to the polar ends of the battleground?

How do you reignite the “vanilla” excitement/nostalgia of being in AV again?

I have a few suggestions which may help. I wholly admit that my suggestions may not have a workable solution, or would even be possible to implement. I simply hope that you take it into consideration when programming AV for this latter decade of WoW.

For one, I think AV can be exactly as it was before: exciting, dynamic, and epic; with nearly no cost to the user/developer.

With the right fine tuning of faction objectives (e.g. forcing players/raids to complete objectives before moving to the next location, etc…), this could be a golden opportunity to provide players with a richer experience - one more in alignment with past user experience.

What players crave, from my, admittedly, very limited anecdotal experience, is feeling the sense of battle throughout their many hours in AV. They want to see Ivus the Forest Lord roam the Field of Strife. They want Lokholar to reveal his destructive power across the valley. Nothing brings greater pleasure, than to see a band of mounted cavalry riding in to assist the losing faction. The list is boundless when it comes to what people really yearn to see again.

Many current players weren’t even old enough to enjoy the AV some of us were able to witness. I urge you (Blizzard) to enact some new objective measures and ALSO encourage the Blizzard community to chime in on some of the things they’d wish to see back in AV.

TL:DR
AV can be more fun if Blizzard programs necessary objectives. This not only would create a suitable environment for epic battles, but also be a wonderful reintroduction of what made vanilla WoW so enjoyable for thousands, if not millions, of subscribers.

Hope to see all your thoughts!

-Raw