šŸ˜” You Guys Just Cant Help Yourselves, Can You?

Rogue likeā€™s donā€™t normally have timers on them. Also last I checked this was a MMORPG and class fantasy was a term flung around quite often.

Perhaps pull up your boots and enjoy HARD content that will kick your rear end cata style that doesnā€™t have timers on it.

It is a debuff. Sanity is a timer, Mythic+ content has a timer.

It is a debuff, that prevents someone or a group or someoneā€™s waiting 10min per pull to bloodlust everything.

But hey if you donā€™t like it, quit. Youā€™re getting worked up over a non-issue that provides a level of balance to optional content

Iā€™ve played since early TBC. Cata doesnā€™t hold a candle to that dungeon difficulty.

I want TBC grade dungeons back for your info. Also rogue-like is a genre, it doesnā€™t refer to your class.

Nope Iā€™m getting worked up over a lie and people trying to get me to swallow that lie.

You can build hard content without a timer. And people waiting on bloodlust is a poor excuse to put one in, especially when there are 100 different options they could have done that would have maintained the original timerless proposed content.

1 Like

I did them all TBC is fine too. I also know what rogue-like means TYVM.

Then youā€™d know that they said, specifically, Torghast is meant to be ran like a rogue-like game. You know those kinds of games are more about snap decisions, not taking 15 minutes planning on how to stab a minion.

Judging by this statement, I doubt youā€™ve seen a TBC dungeon at level that wasnā€™t a timewalking grade dungeon.

Not what I play for, I play for gear and power, was hoping higher would be more legendary crafting items

Being rushed is not fun.

If it isnā€™t going to reward me with power, thereā€™s no point.

We donā€™t know what all drops will be included in the higher floors yet either. Info is still pending on that.

Well I hope thereā€™s power rewards, Iā€™d really love a reason to do it. People keep saying the legendary stuff only goes to floor 10.

I have been in wow since Vanilla, I started raiding in BC and before that I raided in Everquest. In these forums I proposed a dungeon much like the ones in Everquest in which the floors would move and change and the mobs would all change.

A rogue-like is not quick decision making, itā€™s a change of routine. Just because nothing is the same does not mean you canā€™t pre-plan your moves.

Hard to pre-plan what you donā€™t know will be there.

I imagine there will be rewards for doing so in the form of gear and the like. They did what they did with the legendary stuff so itā€™s accessible to those that only want to go there to get their items to craft their leggos.

Hmm I see 3 mobs, sap one, blind the other pull the caster and dodge behind a wall to move them forward to me.

Itā€™s rather easy to think up plans on the fly if your not in a rush due to a timer monkey on your back.

You see Iā€™m not brainwashed by mindlessly running the same content over and over again for speed so I have the power to formulate things. Itā€™s a skill I see lacking day by day as these new players only listen to the u-tube guides.

This shouldnā€™t need to be said, but most of the jailer minions wonā€™t be sappable and no garantee there will be a wall for you to hide behind or there be casters.

Starting to see the flaws in your planning routine? Thereā€™s nothing about brainwashing. This is you assuming what youā€™ll be able to do before you even seen whatā€™s in there. This is what I mean about snap decisions.

The soft enrage is supposed to be juuuuust strong enough to discourage waiting for cooldowns every pull. Itā€™s not supposed to make you feel rushed, and certainly isnā€™t considered as part of the difficulty of a given floor.

Add to that that every single floor gives you an intermission, and youā€™re not any worse off.

1 Like

The only one trying to ruin shadowlands is you

1 Like

Games with timers make me feel like Iā€™m playing Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts again. Gotta finish it all at once or lose any and all progress!

1 Like

I am. Iā€™m not a very strong person and get anxious and depressed very easily. Iā€™m just trying to find my fun in this game any way I can and itā€™s usually with the less-stressful content. But it appears that this Torghast, the biggest feature of Shadowlands, is not going to be for me.

This game is becoming less and less a friendly place for someone like me over the years, with fewer things to do for those who arenā€™t interested in hyper-twitchy gogogo gameplay, and it might be time I think about quitting. Just donā€™t feel very welcome here anymore.

3 Likes

Please donā€™t use depression as a reason for why you want a video game to be easier for you to beat.
Donā€™t play competitive multiplayer games if you feel that strongly about it.

2 Likes