😡 You Guys Just Cant Help Yourselves, Can You?

First, nobody uses POM/Pyro for PvE in classic so…

Classic has 3 classes significant dps cooldowns.

1. Warrior, the largest offender and one of the reasons they are so stupid broken/. Recklessness and Deathwish, with both having negative trade offs in damage taken.

2. Mages - arcane power which has the trade off of mana use (and in PvE mana can actually run out and matter) and is only used because you can’t be fire until AQ.

3. Adrenaline rush - not a flat power increase, gives you 2-3 extra sinister strikes over its duration.

Paladins, shamans, hunters, druids, priests, and warlocks all do not have dps cooldowns like we know them.

Anyway, classic isn’t the focus here SL is.

Yes, over a long duration fight it doesn’t really matter because classes can be balanced around them. Thanks captain obvious. But, we are talking about the level of power spikes cooldowns cause in relation to something like Torghast where entire pulls are ended during the burst window which is entirely different than averaging out over a 7 minute raid boss. Being able to pulls 10+ mobs and melt them in 10 seconds with CDs then struggle with 3 mobs for 1 minute without cooldowns starts to get pretty excessive.

But noticing the difference in damage patterns between something like a raid boss and discreet packs would, like you said, require some brain cells, so I’m not surprised you missed it.

I guess some people enjoy 80% of their dps time only making up 20% of their actual damage because what you do in those burst windows is what matters.

Or in PvP where damage between “go” is a game of patty cake slapping each other because there is no threat of dying (until 8.3 I guess and random stupid corruption procs). It’s a much more scripted form of combat where your kill windows are extremely telegraphed because they come in short spurts. Sustained isn’t high enough to pressure or kill anything, you may as well sit on your thumb until the CDs are back up.

Cooldowns power IS why “waiting for cooldowns” is even a big deal. If it was a bit of extra damage, maybe 15% for 20 seconds or whatever it wouldn’t be the massive change it is. Instead we have classes doubling their dps or more during a CD which has a dramatic effect on what type of pull they can handle.

Yeah. People like that exist. It’s called anxiety. Sometimes they play video games for escapism. Where they expect a fantasy world would be a place they could do things at their own pace. Slow down, in the Pandas’ own words.

3 Likes

which is why blizzard can implement different modes of difficulty to cater to those kind of players

1 Like

Preach said a timer was necessary wanna try again

1 Like

Has alpha access right here and many a vid on youtube for it so there goes another argument of yours

As far as I hope this can clean things up.

I haven’t read, the wowhead post regarding the TotD having a timer. But, I would welcome that change. Infact, I would want blizz to make a hard cap timer as well. You know, just for lol’s sake.

I feel like there’s a difference between the Torghast timer and mythic plus.

1 Like

Nope, I’m saying there are some classes my grandmother could 5 mask with. Others are much more difficult. So why penalize them.

5 masks are supposed to be difficult, and no balance is perfect, but tank survivability compared to dps output is way unbalanced.

And most don’t want it to be balanced across the board but don’t make it so the same classes with the same builds and comps are able to cheese and ease their way through a piece of content while simultaneously making it damn near impossible for others. The removal of timers fixes all of that while the number of deaths you have fixes the penalty aspect. In other words, once again, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

1 Like

I think blizzard wants to make it into another Esport mythic key run Tournament out of it

But it was broke we literally sat around for 10 mins at a time waiting on cd’s between pulls its pretty self explanatory dude

Nope, with the sheer power of most of the power ups, you dont need to wait for cooldowns. If you are, it is quite literally a personal choice.

We actually did for and here is why

1. Power ups are not always granted they way you want them and some are way better than others you might not get the ones you want

2. The floor 70 bosses and trash packs are insane we needed the cd’s

3. We are actually doing it while you are just watching videos on it so dont try and tell us what we are and not doing

Pls provide video of your grandmother doing 5 mask

I feel like OP is misrepresenting the words of the streamers he watches. I haven’t seen them all, but from what I’ve seen, no one wants a limit on how long you can push the content of you want to go to higher and higher floors, but that doesn’t mean they are opposed to this soft timer to keep you from waiting on CDs…
He used Preach as an example, all I’ve seen in his gameplay is that he wants for it to be possible to set aside a day, or a large chunk of time at least to be able to push to the limit for number of floors you can complete on you character, not so you can Bloodlust every trash pack.

1 Like

He cant he doesn’t even have the achievement himself he tried to flex but just showed everyone he can’t do what he calls simple content

This is exactly what anti timer players want, everything to be easy with no pressure at all.

That way, a month into the expansion they’ll be able to complain there’s nothing to do there anymore.

2 Likes

Pretty much this on the nose.

Seriously, I want TBC difficult dungeons again. Make us have to CC even if we’re raid geared. Make people actually think about how to do pulls beyond have one big Charlie Foxtrot that you just AoE spam at until victory occurs. Put value back into specs that are stronger on single target past bosses for a change.

1 Like