“Stay a While”: A Look Inside the Quest

No.

The Nightborne do not have a unique response to indicate that they can relate to him, despite the fact that they could potentially be 10,000 years old or older, and the fact that they were cut off from the world and only recently emerged from Suramar to find it completely changed, just as he did with the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

I liked it as a one off… im worried that because it was successful they are going to over do it though.

For every dragon you have the dull as nails centuar one.

Toejam the Terrible is orders of magnitude better than this sappy, 20 minute experience in melodrama.

I appreciate what they were going for but omg… it should have been 2 speeches and half the length. Not the endlessly droning this single one was.

Toejam ftw!

2 Likes

Well, the nice thing if it’s not your cuppa is that you can just get up and turn in the quest right off the bat. If you kept on listening, that’s kind of on you.

I liked both.

The tuskarr are just so cute and I wanted to hug the kid that lost his mom.

2 Likes

This would of been great with a dwarven style voice actor

1 Like

Now now, don’t pull that. Like I don’t know where that argument leads to.

“You just didn’t get it because you didn’t listen to the whole thing.”

It’s not like it was 5 hours long. It’s just for what it was, it was too long.

But I could certainly sit through it to have a TRULY objective opinion of it. You don’t watch 20mins of a movie and then dog it. I’m better than that.

Note that although I think it’s too melodramatic, my real complaint is just that it should have been in two parts. That’s all.

It is at least a nod to what RPGs USED to mean. Instead of “collect 8 blankets for the Winter” … in a desert biome. That drives me bananas. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The best quest you’ve written since Wrath. Thanks for it.

2 Likes

I get why people like this quest but I hated it. Was boring. I just don’t feel for wow characters.

1 Like

Undead characters be sitting there like “… You really just tell me that I dont know how it would feel…?”

It’s the volatility that keeps them from saying anything. I’d appreciate balance comments too but it brings out the absolute worst in most players.

I’d scrape my toes across the floor
This day’s the same as those before
And though inside I’m feeling giddy
Always wrong for never giving myself an uninvaded door
So now I’ll take a little glue
I’ll put together a new glittered room for you

So I can start sitting so pretty
Instead of sitting here not seein’ clear just sitting here not fittin’ here
No things ain’t fittin’ here

Ah-ooo-ah
Ah-ooo-ah
Ah-ooo-ah
Ah-ooo-ah

Reminds me of Nern from Lisa.

Nern “Well hello there!”

Me : “Oh no.”

This is the best quest I’ve experienced in a decade. I just want more like this with strong writing.

oh that is the one I didn’t have the patience to finish

did they change it because I am sure I started that and then decided omg too boring and it wouldn’t let me do anything except abandon.

I enjoyed this quest a lot but also thought of the irony as the game is designed to be very zoomer generation friendly these days.

Oooo will this explain why you ignored feedback around Dracthyr in relation to this quest and it’s dialogue making zero sense considering the lore you wrote for Dracthyr

It might’ve been different on the PTR, but from the first day of launch you just need to talk to him the first time, accept the quest then sit for the turn-in “?” to go gold. You can get up and turn it in for full credit at that point, you don’t need to listen to any part of the story.

I remember seeing it but wanting to let the whole thing play out in case there was some extra award or achievement for sitting through the whole thing. There’s not! As soon as the “?” changes when you sit there’s no difference if you listen to him.

I’ll be honest. I thought I was going to be a suicide prevention operator once this went a little dark.