“Stay a While”: A Look Inside the Quest

Hard agree

Toejam and his otter cave is hands down the best quest of the entire expansion. I would probably have made an angry twitter account if the quest had us kill the otters or kill toejam

Also not a fan of how much pet abuse the quest writers inserted in the questlines. Why is every hippo and dog and bird pet being beaten by the bad guys?!

2 Likes

The other one that I love very much is from that blind guy ( can’t remember the name) some where north of Obsidian citadel. I can’t wait for the next chapter of his story.

Anyway I wonder who was that half-giant king he was talking about? Any clue?

making an article to pat yourselves on the back?

… yeah

1 Like

I love this quest so much, and hope you give him update quests so he can tell us how he’s adjusting to being back in the DI. He really needs a story arch spanning the entire expansion.

Would have been a better ending if the NPC was revealed to be Deckard Cain.

This made me laugh and think. Of everything they could have posted about, even to show the community they still do engage sometimes, they post about something like this.

I mean, it was a nice quest sure - but why this?

I loved this quest and the follow up to get the time capsule. There is that dialog between two of the red flight down there talking about how they want to help him feel better, but he didn’t.

Plus when you do sit next to him, you do get a fantastic view. I also love that some of his dialog changes depending on the character’s race that is interacting with him.

1 Like

Still needs a proper voice actor.

A proper VA for Veritistrasz would go such a long way.

2 Likes

Out of all the quests ive done this and the murky quest in Bfa are the most memorable.

It is funny that there’s so many tryhard quests where they try to stretch the bounds of the WoW engine but in reality of course, the best one is just sitting there reading text.

1 Like

A fart in a elevator is a breath of fresh air compared to the chasms of Shadowlands :joy:

1 Like

Really enjoyed this quest so much!!!

It showed up on my map for days, but would never appear, I thought maybe it was like one of those quests you have to wait for, but I got tired of waiting and I am not even checking in anymore.

Yeah, I don’t remember the time capsule quest. I just remember this quest taking a long time.

But apparently nostalgia is a disorder now? That’s a new one.

This is an absolutely awful quest. Not only is it just sitting in a spot listening to a sad story, it shows how little the writers of Dragonflight understand/know about the Warcraft universe.

The entire idea of this quest is ‘The world I once knew is gone’ and ‘You don’t know loss’ trying to make you feel bad for the dwarf/dragon. Granted, his world has been drastically changed in the thousands of years the dragons were inactive but he was at least spared the pain of seeing it change around him.

Think about it, ever since your character has been in World of Warcraft they have been called on to save the world from horrible things. Plagues, war, civil war, demon invasions, undead army invasions, old gods, space Satan, aliens, old gods again, mythological titans, old gods yet again, dragons committing genocide of magic users, burning of the World Tree, the siege of Silvermoon by Arthas, literal death being killed, dragons tearing the world apart, etc. In fact, some of the worst things that have happened were caused BY the dragons.

When the dwarf/dragon tries to tell you that ‘you don’t know loss’ he can go screw. Your character watched all of this happen and it is safe to assume had a friend or two die during the process. I’m sorry you woke up cranky from your nap.

The writers of this quest clearly know very little about the history of Warcraft or just flat out don’t care.

2 Likes

Should have had the option to kick him off the ledge :crazy_face: Runas the shamed questline is still the best in years imo.

1 Like

The quest I just click through super fast and then alt tab when the guy tells his story ?

Yeah, stands out as the most boring quest you guys ever made.

Please god no.

Or at least give it a “I’m not interested just give me the exp” button.

If you ever make such a garbage quest again please add a skip this worthless dialog button.

It’s purely optional if it isn’t your thing.

I don’t read the quest text just the objective and the reward.

NPC: Hello Adventure…

Me: Go pick flowers, kill stuff and receive gold.

takes off

NPC: But I wasn’t finished.

As I’m doing the sit down quest I swap over to another window for a few minutes and change my music or poke into discord.

Easy quest not doing anything but afk a few minutes.

:panda_face:

1 Like

It’s exp, click through please.

Gets annoying to sit through the same story on the 15th alt.

1 Like