“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

With any luck we’ll get to exterminate the Night Elf blight once and for all.

You want to fight the other faction?
here’s a tip, click the green icon on the bottom, click over to pvp, and there’s your precious faction war.
Or, open talent tree, click Warmode, and there’s your precious faction war.
Don’t like either of those?
Shut up and go play an fps or something then.

The entire reason warmode was added to begin with is because people got tired of no lives ganking them all the damn time when all they were trying to do was quest. Hence warmode, now people get to choose if they want to or not. Besides, the xp buff is nice.

What would make Baine turn on Anduin? What would make Thrall turn on Jaina? Or vice versa. Unless we corrupt a side (and doom them to lose) it just can’t happen.

Well, we didn’t want the faction war because in the main story you end up having them work together anyway to down the baddie, so the faction war is a moot point by then.

Did we say we didn’t want conflict?? I don’t think so, just that there comes a time when you’ve been killing one another for so long you really have to start to wonder how much longer you can just waste your time doing so, when every time you have to work together in the end.

You can still have conflict in WoW, so I don’t know where people are getting the idea that there’s no tension, but at least now you can have a viable narrative why a group of factions that used to fight one another now work together.

It’s mutual respect for a shared interest (protection of Azeroth). It doesn’t mean that there won’t be conflict within them at some point, it just means now there’s a reason the leaders at least try to build the bridge to work together.

Imagine mad that people want to PvP on a PvP server

2 Likes

bfa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shadowlands

bfa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WOD

much more content, much more support.

Are there bad things? There are, just like there were bad things in Legion.

The heart of azeroth farm wasn’t that good, some azerith traits were weird and the equipment with passive skills were strange (but an innovative idea).

What I could complain about most would be the corrupted equipment, because a DH stacking 8 gushing wounds and becoming immortal in pvp… was something ridiculous.

but the story was good, there were some heavy points in it, like the horde attack killing civilians…it had heavy, interesting moments…some bad parts too, it was an expansion with ups and downs.

unlike shadowlands which was total sh*t.

1 Like

MoP was the far superior faction war expansion.

2 Likes

Well-played, I say.

So you’ve never had the experience of a no life sitting on your corpse killing you until you logged? That ain’t “pvp on pvp server”
That’s a no life loser that can’t pvp to save their life, so they instead kill those 50 levels under them.

1 Like

I’ll constantly bring up the fact

BFA cinematic pulled double the numbers of Legion, Shadowlands, Dragonflight and Warthin.

It’s World of Warcraft.

2 Likes

And there’s a war in every expansion.

The faction war between horde and alliance is just a played out stalemate though, no side can ever truly win with players on both sides.

2 Likes

I actually completed the bfa war campaign.

I haven’t bothered completing DF or SL MSQ because i don’t care

Can we have an anti-Anduin vs pro-Anduin faction war?

“No one wants another faction war!”

I happen to agree… will I keel some Horde if there is? Sure… why not. :smile:

Faction war has been stupid for over a decade now. I’m tired of it.

7 Likes

Non-Faction war has been stupid for over a decade now. I’m tired of it.

2 Likes

This is really an oversimplification even if you look back to the days of Warcraft 3. I guess I just don’t see how it would work anymore without removing what little agency the player character has been given these past few years.

The only way a faction war story can even work anymore is if the player isn’t obligated to join it any longer and instead the faction war becomes a PvP storyline, unnecessary to experience for PvE advancement. Then the warmongers on both sides can grind each other down to dust for all I care.

1 Like

in case someone at blizz actually reads these threads, im throwing in my 2 cents that i want to do away with factions entirely–or perhaps even create new factions based on different ideological values that players get to choose regardless of race. tired of alliance vs horde personally

2 Likes

I’d rather these people break into their own merc factions than force two big factions to fight again. I’m tired of being forced to do it. Just have merc warfare and be done with it, I’m done trying to kill the people we keep teaming up with and trying to empathize with.

Outside of PVP. But I kill people on my own faction in that too.