“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

The closest it ever got, up until the end of BfA and the start of Shadowlands, was a state of detente - just a de-escalation.

What’s really funny about Garrosh’s story arc in Mists is how unnecessary it was. It may not have been their intention, but The Thunder King Lei Shen was definitely a strong enough presence to have been the expansion boss of Pandaria.

2 Likes

It’d just feel weird. I feel like the player character has enough exposure to the opposite faction at this point that any faction war story that would presumably force you to participate would feel really uncomfortable and out of place for a lot of people.

I enjoyed questing in BFA as Alliance slightly less on Horde. Drustvar is one of my favorite zones in WoW. Everything else was eh.

That’s actually one of my biggest gripes with the narrative.
I have never once bought the idea that the player character is as big of a deal as the game keeps trying to tell us they are. There is no reason we should be on a first name basis with the leaders of every world power nor should we keep getting put in charge of things especially since the game can never reflect it.
You can tell me I’m in a charge all you like but I’m still doing all the grunt work so it makes no difference except now I have to play a lame 2000s Facebook game too.

It’s even funnier because there are tons of random Alliance and Horde NPCs that can wreck the player character if they’re not in a group. Why aren’t they the CHAHMPEEYUN OF AZNERTOTH they seem way more qualified than us.

1 Like

You forgot the 4th:

You’re leaving behind people who simply want to PLAY THE GAME THEY PAID FOR WITH THEIR FRIENDS.

We still have “Factions.” We always will.

We just don’t have a FACTION BARRIER.

And that’s how it should have been with the release of BC. This overall change to the game is 17+ years too late. But at least it’s finally being done.

As long as it never affects random queues. I’m never going to be a group with a Night Elf for as long as I live.

1 Like

Points at FFXIV

i didnt ask for your permission. faction wars are lame boring and overdone.

You know, if they ever implemented cosmetic application similar to how appearances are fixed in the Caverns of Time instances, it may be possible to have the odd-faction-out in a group just… assume the role for the run.

I want that. faction war is tired and boring.

…and everybody in Stormwind spits on me and calls me a monster!

3 Likes

You think you do but you don’t.

Most people don’t want another faction war. What causes the dissonance in your mind?

Lets get this straight some people want another faction war but doest deosnt mean every one does. Like me I want soem sort of conflict but smaller scale. I want areas or zones where fanatics or the vengeful who dont want peace can kill each other over and over to fufill there rage and vengeance.

Maybe the Horde will actually win a war this time.

2 Likes

Honestly, we should have a third faction to invade Sw and Origammar just for the hack of it that would help those with ill tempers to have something to fight,maybe even pvp with.

They have though. The AvH conflict that started in Wrath, progressed into Cata (as the B plot) then was the focus on MoP > BFA by a long shot.

You could tell that BFA was probably the new writing team trying their best to outdo MoP.

2 Likes

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, the Alliance has won three out of the five Alliance vs. Horde wars since Warcraft 1. And if you don’t count the First War since the Alliance didn’t exist yet and don’t count the Third War since it was interrupted before either side could win: Then you could argue the Alliance is undefeated.

I say we have two more faction wars and have the Horde win both to balance things out.

1 Like

Will we get to burn down the other tree?

1 Like