“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

What causes this dissonance in people’s minds?

18 Likes

I guess every expansion has its fans, even BFA for some reason.

12 Likes

Sorry, what? Who?

7 Likes

“Nobody of any significance” or “No significant number of people” want another faction war.

I suspect that’s how they mean it to be taken.

15 Likes

Saying people who like the faction war must have liked BfA is like saying the people who liked The Lich King must have liked Shadowlands.

34 Likes

I dont want another faction war until we spend about a decade building up characters on the Horde side to make it a believable faction war.

12 Likes

Blizzard moving on from faction war stuff is basically them admitting they can’t do better than BFA.

4 Likes

You’re going to have so many people crying when they read this lol

And it’s true. There is no believable way to have a faction war in any fashion in a game where neither side can actually win.

Unless your goal is to just piss people off.

30 Likes

Faction war is boring. Theres only so many times you can kill a Druid named Slayersixtyninefourtwenty and feel like it’s an actual nasty, dirty, gritty, horrible war.

27 Likes

Because the faction war story is a stupid story as a A plot story line.
Its fine for a back burner plot, see areas like wintergrasp, Stone talon, Silver pine ect ect.
But as a driving A plot it is a bad BAD plot. The reason for this is because there are only ever 3 possible outcomes to a faction war, none of which are good.

Outcome 1) A clear winner and looser, great in that in progresses character development, but bad because it just will end up pissing off half your player base because no one wants to play the side that gets their butts kicked. Ultimately leaving a massive chunk of your customers unsatisfied. Worse yet, because you can not actually outright kill a faction you have to McGuffin reasons that faction A did not just take the opertunity to murderize faction B, because family or something stupid, see the end of SoO for an example

Outcome 2) No real progress made, stale mate. This is equally bad because no plot really gets advanced, no one really loses no one really wins, its just the status quo at which point the question becomes why did this become an A plot in the first place?

Outcome 3) possibly the worst outcome, is the Pyric victory in which both side suffer heavy losses, both sides lose characters and grounds but ultimately nothing really progressed upsetting half if not more of your player base.

Its a bad A plot, always has been always will be.

29 Likes

I dont think anyone could make a good faction war story. Period.

A good faction war story has to be based on two sides with similar strength and power. Right now, there is zero chance an Alliance/Horde faction war would be good, regardless of writer.

7 Likes

Rokhan, Talanji and Geya’rah already trying to break the treaty. Meanwhile Lor’themar and Gazlowe are only worried about the resource cost.

2 Likes

I’m really sick of the Horde vs Alliance crap at this point.

It’s the same EVERY TIME:

RAWR!! GRR!! ME HORDE ME HATE ALLIANCE!! OH NO! WHAT’S THAT?! AN EVIL ENEMY THAT CAN DESTROY US ALL?! ME HORDE ME TEAM UP WITH ALLIANCE TO STOP THE GREATER EVIL!!

Rinse and repeat. Every. Single. Time.

21 Likes

But facing the servants of the Old Gods for the eighteen-billionth time is still fresh huh?

6 Likes

Ok?

Nothing to do with anything I said.

Rokhan? The guy thats sorta good with a stick.

Talanji. Sorta good at making a dome shield.

Geya’rah. Someone else sorta good with a stick.

They’d be dead in about .8 seconds in a faction war.

2 Likes

Who? is this a “I speak for everyone” kind of thing OP is on cause if that’s the case:

3 Likes

We need another faction war like WoW needs another Shadowlands.

14 Likes

We’ve had… how long with a faction war? I think it’s time to move on from the concept and embrace detente.

2 Likes

The fact that xfaction has reached universal acclaim? When people say “no one” what they mean is the majority of the playerbase doesn’t want it. People who want it are in the minority.

5 Likes

“How dare blizzard make me run around saying I hate the other guys for no reason!”

We always team up at the end of expansions, accept and move on. You still have BGs and Warmode.

1 Like