“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

Provide evidence of the claim. Peak WoW was 12 million subs during Wrath. Frist 3 expansions were high faction war. Decline in population started with WoD and factions teaming up with all kinds of hugs and feels.

You have zero evidence to support your claim, I at least have actual numbers to correlate to the story.

3 Likes

That’s silly, neither of us can back up our claim. But we do know that Blizzard is moving away from it and they have the data, so…

And you have no numbers. You have no idea what the subscription count is right now, you have no idea what caused people to start dropping off in Cata, you don’t have anything other than an opinion as to why numbers declined after Wrath.

Stop trying to peddle your feelings as hard data, lol. It’s dumb.

2 Likes

They’re not smart people. It’s that simple. We explained to them that the writers would be backing themselves into a big ole corner if they did this to the game.

No contrast in the factions means a lot less story can exist and breathe. Do you want the next ten expansions to be like Shadowlands where there is no conflict between the factions?

I don’t want that. Shadowlands sucked.

5 Likes

So, you post making statements that cannot be proven yet act as if its the truth. Thanks for clearing things up.

1 Like

That’s not why Shadowlands sucked, lol. But yes, I want the next ten expansions to have no conflict between the factions. It feels petty based on what we’ve been up against in Lore.

Absolutely was the reason.

What did the writers have to write about other than their MCU fantasies when you suck all the faction conflict out of the room?

I’m not going to argue it. The proof IS Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Your proof of a faction conflict story is the general story beat of BFA. Also not a Pulitzer prize winner.

Faction conflict stopped mattering on a player level the moment alliance players started helping Thrall, the Horde Warchief, forge one of the mightiest weapons in lore. Name a time following that when it didn’t feel forced.

Still makes comments as statements of fact when in reality is nothing more than a personal opinion.

1 Like

I have to say, when BfA was announced, I just rolled my eyes. I have been so over the faction war for so long, it’s not even funny at this point. It’s so drawn out and artificial feeling by now. I have no faction loyalty. I’ve heavily played both sides of the fence for all but about 50 days of the entire time WoW has been out.

And then IMO, they really rocked the boat with BfA’s faction war on most levels. The quests were REALLY well crafted in exactly what each side was shown and “knew” compared to the whole picture – which you only saw if you played both sides of the fence. I went into BfA borderline hostile to the whole yar-faction-war! thing and they managed to completely turn me around and impress me.

So to answer… No. I do not think they can do a faction war better than what was in BfA.

This is kind of my angle, but the other half of my angle is how (over various expansions) the sides come together in unison against a threat… only to NOPE! WE MURDEROUSLY HATE EACH OTHER AGAIN! It’s impossible to suspend that amount of belief.

1 Like

In terms of the actual gameplay this only works if each faction is equally played and represented.

Which is not what the game turned into, and how classic turned even faster.

BFA felt forced. Back when it was Garrosh and Varian it felt natural.

2 Likes

Swtor did a good job at it, both the empire and republic were at pretty high hights in power.

The stories for each factions provided pretty big wins, like killing council members and even the emperor himself (sort of).

But the war over all continued because you were fighting one cog in the massive machine. And when, according to story, both sides were weakened it went i to a cold war phase and dealing with a 3rd party.

But this aint a swtor thread. I agree with you that wow needs a lot of development before another war can break out.

The horde needs leaders and npcs who matter, the alliance need to get aggressive and have a desire for war, the horde needs to axe the council and bring in a warchief again, etc…

The horde needs some power houses too. I mean alliance has one of the most powerful mages, a massive fleet, an orbital space cannon, one of the most ancient priests, arguabley the strongest paladin, anduin who is apparently strong, etc…

The horde has…thrall? Kinda? Kinda hwrd to imagine wed last longer than 1/8th of a second.

I jut dont see that happening any time soon.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be a war open war all day, every day all the time. But it should be tense. The tone between The Alliance and Horde in Dragon Flight (What little of the two factions were shown, let’s be honest. The factions were only on the dragon isles by proxy) has been entirely too cozy.

The threat of war should be ever-present. We should not be friends. We should always be rivals. Whenever The Horde and Alliance forces are forced to work in proximity to one another, it should be pins and needles. One false step, one rash word and the world could erupt again into the brutality of war.

We, the champions. Are to some degree above it. We can work together from time to time if we so choose. But the bodies of the Alliance and Horde proper should not be.

4 Likes

Oh is that when my guildies invite me to party and they have warmode on?

They are mostly alliance and I’m horde so it’s fun hehe.

Over a decade later and I’m still mad Metzen threw Garrosh under the bus for the sake of Varian “Self-Insert” Wrynn’s redemption arc.

2 Likes

Because “people” want a faction war, not the majority. It’s been over 20 years of faction/human vs orc. It’s tired. We’re tired.

Literally this.

1 Like

Yeah, Blizzard really fumbled big time with Garrosh and Sylvanas.

2 Likes

I don’t want another horde find themselves story; while alliance dance incompetently in the background untill we finally hug and fight what ever Godzilla shows up.

This is such a blatant fallacy it blows my mind that people keep repeating it. THe Horde and Alliance have been at peace for the vast majority of the WoW’s run time. Wrath Cata MoP and BfA are the only expacs when they were are war and it didn’t even last the entire expansion in two of them.

They haven’t rofl. Temporary truces have existed yes. Full out wars, maybe not. But yes, they have pretty much ALWAYS been at each others throats.
See the entire warcraft history.

1 Like