“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

I have zero issue with the factions going after each other if the players aren’t forced into it. If I can leave my faction and adventure as a neutral adventurer alongside any other neutral adventurer with full capabilities, then fine, the Alliance and Horde can shove each other into meatgrinders for all I care.

If Azerite gear gear didn’t exist and corruption rotation didn’t exist I would say BFA was a top 3 gameplay expansion. In my opinion it had the best M+ base dungeons out of any expansion so far and the raids were very solid.

Also there was two reasons people didn’t want a faction war anymore. 1. because people wanted cross faction gameplay already and 2. Because the story was just so dumb Every expansion both factions worked together then killed each other and repeat. I think they showed it very well that the only begrudging worked together in certain circumstances until end of MOP they started acting more like Pals from there on out. But Pals that would slaughter each other. It just became weird.
Example of the begrudging relationship was in Wrath You had Varian and Garrosh at eachothers throats and a literal faction battle in the final raid. In MoP It was the Alliance helping the horde kill horde. I mean why would they say no to that lol. But because the Alliance set up a relationship right there with the horde, it kinda messed with the story and made people start thinking. Why are we still at war? And in the overarching story they never did a great job and at making the war make sense again. As BFA was basically a downgraded version Garrosh story wise. With the same people who just rebelled now thinking. Hm we just did this and it was bad but lets do it again! Didn’t feel like a natural conflict.

This is a video game, not the real world. Why is it so difficult for people to differentiate fiction and reality?

When the horde invaded Azeroth they lost the war, and after that there was no horde anymore. The survivors were sent to internment camps. Imagine if after losing a new faction war your character ended up being either perma dead or stuck in a camp, forcing you to reroll.
The outcome of the second war would’ve been off the table if it took place in this game rather than Warcraft 2.

What agency? They can put us in charge of stupid factions all they like but we still do whatever the floating exclamation point says regardless of what we the players think.

The closest thing to agency we had was lost back in WoD when they started telling us who we were beyond a conscripted free agent of the Alliance/Horde and it’s only gotten progressively worse since then.

Bring back The Oracles and The Frenzyheart faction war.

Imagine calling anyone smoothbrained then parroting this overused, room temp IQ line

2 Likes

You guys are basically npcs with a one line dialogue tree.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been said already, but in a game with players that play both factions, there can’t be a true winner without upsetting half of the players, therefore a faction war can never have a truly satisfying outcome.

Classic is there waiting for you

No lol, the genocides themselves were strange and hamfisted

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Completely ignoring the ceasefire in the dead middle of ICC where Jaina cried because Varian saw past his blind hatred of the Horde and allowed Varok to claim his son’s body :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Prove YOUR claim that people left due to no faction war and not because the content itself was trite. Correlation =/= causation.

2 Likes

The Dream was my home since 06, now it’s dead and Warmode killed it. Most balanced server AND it had RP campaigns. People will never know the potential for WoWs open world PvP and how a dedicated community of RPers (who loved WPvP) can make it a truly special experience.

Sorry the truth is short, sweet and to the point. It doesn’t need a thesis paper to explain it but I can start on that for you.

You don’t need to reword truth just because you think it parroting doesn’t change the fact that is what wow is about from the start.
You get mad when people don’t make a new word for the color blue to describe the sky?

It’s being repetitive because there’s no more to add to that fact. It is what it is and your dislike over it to the point of a red herring fallacy doesn’t make it any less true.

Wow started as war, it’s in the name it’s wows roots, it’s about conflict and war. Can’t be more captain obvious than that.

Calling it the truth and a fact makes it neither the truth nor a fact, but go off king

1 Like

I don’t understand people who say “faction conflict is boring” but conveniently spaced random supervillains one after the other is not?

Atleast with the faction conflict there’s a long history of reasons for it.

3 Likes

I’m not so much anti faction war as I am realistic about the kind of faction war story they’d tell and consequences it would have. If they could tell both a compelling narrative where it’s not just one side is good and the other is bad(but feels bad about it after) AND have interesting consequences in game then I’d be all for it. But they won’t do at least one of those.

1 Like

Is faction conflict boring? Not necessarily, but there are many, many problems with it.

Firstly, let’s discuss how absolutely boned the Horde is. Every. Single. Time.

The worst thing about a faction of misfits and outcasts banding together for survival in a world that hates them, is that they don’t really have all that much reason beyond survival for sticking together. Half of the Horde’s races should be chomping at the bit to kill the other half. Sure, you get some strong bonds such as the Orcs, Darkspears, and Tauren share, although Garrosh almost ripped those bonds to shreds during his tenure as warchief.

The fact the Zandalari joined allied with the Horde and the Blood Elves, Pandaren, and Nightborne had nothing to say kind of hearkens to this issue. A lot of bad blood has to be swept under the rug and ignored just for the Horde to exist with it’s roster of playable races. While addressing this could make for interesting stories in and of themselves, Blizzard either doesn’t have the interest to do so, or realizes some hatreds are so old there’s no realistic way to reconcile them, so it’s not even worth trying to.

So, the fact the Horde inevitably falls to Civil War, is a forgone conclusion with faction conflicts. This makes these sorts of stories predictable, and boring.

Moving on to how else the Horde is boned in faction conflict, is the fact that these faction conflicts pit them against the Alliance. I am talking about the Alliance which has historically had greater numbers, access to resources the Horde lacks, advanced technology, powerful magic, etc… A ragtag band of misfits banding together doesn’t stand much of a chance realistically.

That’s not even bringing up how the Alliance’s roster of characters is lousy with god-tier names that put the Horde to shame.

The end result is, every time a faction war crops up, the Alliance has to approach it with the kid gloves on, or else it’d be over before you could blink. In a realistic world, the moment Sylvanas torched Teldrassil should have been the moment the Vindicaar parked itself over Orgrimmar and Light-Nuked the Warchief’s throne. Of course, the Alliance’s mobile oppression palace would end the war within seconds anyway. That’s not even touching upon Void Elves throwing people into Void Rifts or opening Void Portals into highly secure locations without being detected. Every Horde leader would logically get a one-way ticket to the Void for their troubles in participating in another war.

Actually, I’m going to stop here. Just describing why the Horde is hopelessly outmatched and will predictably fall to civil war time and again, is enough reason to be sick of faction conflict storylines.

For as terrible as they tend to be, they do at least make sense in how they inevitably end.

As long as they keep it non canon it’s fine. I still think they messed up when they did away with pvp servers and changed everything to war mode

1 Like