[WotLK] Legendary Weapons and PvP

As a PvPer:

I had never thought of the posibility you mention in point 3. But YES!
Having everyone on equal footing wpuld be wonderful!

The only negative I see to arena gear being obtainable by just doing bgs is that it will be much faster to gear up for pve with pvp gear, so it could potentially trivialize some pve content.

Negatives aside, YES PLEASE. Make the best pvp gear free all the time, no exceptions.
Maybe add a “free pvp arena gear that can only be used in arenas and bgs” similar to the poor man’s flying mount you get for storm peaks and icecrown if you don’t have flying trained.

This is the best pvp idea I’ve read in maybe years. Please let us pvp against fully purplr horde payers and not the green/blue wearing easyscrubs we get daily.

why tho? i think any 60 item that still holds up is cool
what about pala firemaw trinket? still good in pvp i think
mqg was just busted going below 1.0 gcd right?

also i agree with u on last points, too much meddling from NuBlizz

Without arena being played in a standardized format, I dont consider it so.

Without something like blizzcon to look forward and play in, Gladiator titles are more akin to an in game achievement than anything else. When players can queue dodge, win trade and have access to more PvE gear simply through RNG… I dont consider much about the arena ladder to be comparable to actual tournament conditions.

And since we cant play under tournament conditions, might as well just let people have fun playing the game the way it was.

Let them be allowed.

1 Like

I never said Cataclysm.
I said WotLK.

In Cata they had a complete mentality shift. They didn’t want to deal with complexity so they started making everything homogenized and removing player choices, not for the sake of balance but for the sake of making their job easier. They didn’t try to balance what was unique about each class, they went the lazy route, the same lazy route that is not balancing it at all, whether it’s because you are too scared of losing flavor or because you think it’s side content to the PvE.

I would much prefer to see non-lazy changes that would be beneficial to the game than just watching them make a carbon copy of same old tired version of a game that used to be about making non-lazy changes to make it better.
If people really wanted to relive the Vanilla/TBC/WotLK era, they would be asking for changes every few months like they used to do back then. Patches that changes the meta, improve the game and seek balance, that’s not what we get with Classic.

Blizzard punishes people who do this. Every season in TBCC you see the teams at the top of the ladder losing half of its players because they are getting banned for win trading, queue dodging, piloting and other reasons in regards to the ToS.

If you don’t want to equip your legendary in the arena, that’s fine, but do not try to take away everyone else’s. Furthermore, classic and crusade had no such limit. It’s not fair to rob players that work for a wrath legendary when classic/crusade players got to use all of theirs anywhere they wanted. If this was ever going to be a rule, it needed to be in up front with classic, not tacked onto the end with wrath. Maybe you can do it on the new realms, don’t care, won’t play on them anyway, but keep it away from the original realms.

1. Some sort of small nerf in rated PvP would be welcome. The reason is that everyone has these weapons now, it’s common to see glaives on rogues in Arena when it used to be very rare back in TBC original.
  2. Not sure, some sort of nerf to make them on-par with the season’s weapons though.
  3. I want to see the World PvP objectives in Grizzly Hills made relevant by working over the rewards.
    Vehicle combat is horrible but I don’t think there’s much they can do about it now, we’re stuck with 3 terrible vehicle battlegrounds this expansion.

But the thing is, they wait until the end of the season to do it, that already sours the competition and doesnt foster a competitive ladder.

In the end, my vote for not imposing restrictions is more for players to just have fun over competing in an environment that isnt controlled or standardized in the first place.

If they want to bring back real tournaments that actually mean something on the world stage, sure dont allow legendaries. But Classic WoW is sooo casual in its approach to PvP.

People played with legendaries in WotLK too, so for nostalgias sake as well I think it fitting they keep them in. Season 8 is already busted with crazy PvE trinkets anyway, trinkets that arguably net more value than the legendaries in some cases.

This is 100% NOT true. Last season not a single team got disqualified or banned for any of those reasons.

Go look on ironforge pro and check out teams from season 3. NONE got banned or disqualified. There’s a thread up on these forums for over a month with over a thousand posts asking the dev’s to actually do something about this.

On oceanic theres a team that win traded with their alts every week all the way up to Gladiator and nothing happened. You could even match the teams wins + losses every week to their alts and track it. NOTHING HAPPENED.

1 Like

The fact he said people got banned every season for cheating in arenas blows my mind. Season 3 had 0 bans or disqualifications. Theres a thread up on these forums begging for the win traders to get banned and nothing happened. It’s been up for over a month with over 1,000 posts.

Yes not true as Futajr mentioned…see the thread he linked lots of us are looking for an answer why no DQs occurred in S3…still no response after a few weeks and over 150+ comments and 3,000+ views - if you can make a response in our thread that would be helpful!:

Will S3 gladiator cutoff rating change due to dqs? - WoW Classic / Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Here is something futajr linked in our thread which is obvious wintrading but it went unpunished…these wintraders currently are enjoying their glad titles and mounts while legit teams are getting screwed over:

1 Like

Gear is already locked behind a paywall. In gdkps

2 Likes

No, it’s not.
You’re going to cause more damage to Wrath than good by being a member of CC.

Just because Kimmy & Tommy from Nebraska don’t like to PvE, doesn’t mean that the rest should be punished.

Content is there for them to tap into. If they chose to opt out from PvE entirely, it’s 100% on them. No one is obligated to do anything they don’t want, but be ready to be at disadvantage against those who choose to participate in all forms of acitivies.

One part you’re failing to address how it’s not a rando drop, but an entire guild effort to funnel all required loot to 1 designated person by the guild. It’s a group effort. Effort that takes MONTHS to accomplish. Rando pug will not steal it from you.

To get Shadowmourne, you need to beak LK25HC. It’s an earned reward, and frankly, quite well deserved.

Do us all a favor, stop wiring in yellow.
Stop suggesting to take things away from people who play the game and earn those things.

2 Likes

You could use them in wrath so leave them in. People want wrath and while some changes are ok, changes that affect the balance of the game should be off limits.

While I understand the sentiment, Blizzard pays exactly as much attention to CC members as they do to me.

In other words: none.

You quite literally don’t need to kill the Lich King at all to get Shadowmourne, nor do you need heroic anything, it just makes it faster for higher drop chance on shards.

Pretending like Shadowmourne is gonna be hard to get in 2023 is silly.

You have to complete quests in a 25 man raid,

quests

Primordial saronite is gated by drops and competition from other crafts.

It’s not going to be as hard, but it won’t be like glaives etc…

Pretending TAKING THINGS AWAY is fun for anyone in 2022 is silly.

I like the idea of buffing the season weaps to compete.

MOAR IS MOAR

Less is Lesss

Fun is NOT HAD BY dictatorial game creation.

This game is fun, imo because it has quirky odd things like the first time I saw a shadowmourne in game was in WSG.

A belf pally was hiding behind the zerker hut waiting for the ally first flag push. We put him down but it was cool to see it in action.

You know your right beserking huts and any type of buff should be removed we all should be playing guild wars…

If you’d rather a buff then a nerf, then we can buff PvP weapons to be better than legendaries, even for PvE. How does that sound? Would that be a good compromise? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No they don’t, there’s a thread that’s been up for 5 weeks regarding this for season 3 TBC classic… Blizzards message to everyone is feel free to cheat, win trade, pilot, +100, and any other thing you can think of because they couldn’t care less.