Fearless Spectator

I watched the full stream today, when does the title/achievement get awarded?

So long as your Youtube account is properly connected to your bnet account, it’s stating within 48 hours-ish.

Full link to the promotion’s finer details is → here

2 Likes

ah I was unaware of that. thanks

2 Likes

Also going to tag in to note that there is a little header box in the chat log that states this.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat. I did all of the steps correctly.

I connected both Google and my non-brand YouTube account to my Battlenet. I watched Saturday’s full livestream on an eligible channel (youtube.com/warcraft) on a PC browser on my non-brand account. Nothing happened so I re-linked both accounts, then watched Sunday’s full stream.

According to this Wowhead commenter, a GM said that the developers are aware of this and are asking people to wait 72 hours now.

I will submit a ticket if nothing happens after 72 hours. I recommend that everyone with this problem submit an in-game bug report about it as well.

Did you remember to make sure you had the right channel selected when you viewed? I had to catch myself to make sure I switched to the non-branded account before viewing. I apologize if it seems a stupid question, but sometimes it is the simplest answer.

2 Likes

I did double-check, that is a good point to bring up though!

2 Likes

You won’t even be allowed to link your accounts with a branded channel. You’ll be told to switch to a non-branded account in order to link.

1 Like

For some reason one of my channels is branded, not a clue how or why since I only log in to save or subscribe to things. I wasn’t even aware of it until I went to connect things up that it was considered branded. So I had to swap accounts so as to get credit for the achievement.

2 Likes

When you have the YouTube window open, there’s a little diamond under the window. If it’s not crossed out with the work “connected” next to it, your account isn’t completely connected and your time watched isn’t getting counted.

I watched almost a full day, and nothing. Then, one of the casters mentioned it during the second day stream. Clicked the little diamond that said “Rewards”, completed the connection through that pop-up, and I had the title within minutes of finishing another two hours of streaming.

2 Likes

Can’t help with the time travel. Just because one of the Doctors was named after me doesn’t mean I have access to the Tardis.

As for fix it in the future? I’d just recommend choosing another stream.

• AWC Grand Finals: July 16 - 17, 2022
  • AWC Cross-Region Tournament: July 23 - 24, 2022
2 Likes

I looked for the diamond as I had seen it mentioned elsewhere but could not find it, even after I disconnected and reconnected Google and YouTube before Sunday’s stream. I am not sure why or what else I could have done to get it to show. I will probably need to see what a GM says and report back here in case it will help anyone else having this problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like I need to send in a ticket myself. I watched for 3 hours each on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and as of Wednesday morning still don’t have the achievement. I double checked each day that my accounts were connected and that I was on the correct youtube page.

1 Like

They will simply tell you to try again during the AWC streams. The GM staff have always been hands off when it comes to achievements with very few exceptions.

1 Like

Also,

Please note that viewers on the YouTube app on TVs or media devices, and viewers on any other platform or channels, will not be eligible to participate.

Viewers with YouTube Brand Accounts are also not eligible to participate.

All participants who satisfy the Initial Conditions and watch a cumulative total of two (2) hours of live Broadcasts during the Promotional Period will earn one (1) digital World of Warcraft in-game title “Fearless Spectator” on their Battle.net Account. Limit one (1) World of Warcraft in-game title “Fearless Spectator” per Battle.net Account during
the Promotional Period.

2 Likes

I just want to give an update for anyone struggling with the situation I had.

Blizzard started telling players only today in YouTube’s live chat that the stream, during the initial countdown, does not give credit toward time watched and that the “diamond” is not enabled until the stream starts. To get the achievement, it is necessary to see a diamond and check mark symbol with the words “Connected” to the right of the YouTube Like button. I started watching during the countdown last week and today and let it run; the diamond did not appear until I refreshed the page after the livestream actually started today. Good thing I thought to refresh. Once I did, after two hours, I got the achievement. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks for providing that useful information. It should help others. It’s great you got the achievement.

3 Likes

Lol wasted an all nighter not knowing about this stupid pointless hit refresh after it starts crap what a joke Blizzard.

1 Like
2 Likes

I didn’t have to hit refresh when I was watching.

1 Like