Balance of Power Acc Bound

But carries were cheap and gold was plentiful.

The thing that gets me is that the story is the exact same for all the classes. If it was a unique story, sure yeah I could understand. But it’s not, it’s not like the Class Mounts in legion that has a story for each class, it’s the exact same thing for all of them.

2 Likes

It is nothing to do with prestige - maybe that’s your problem you think it is prestigious to have them.

It has to do with mixing up content. I don’t do things like this in a row on multiple characters. But it is a nice little bit of something to do once or twice a year. In 6 to 8 years I will have them all. Unlike so many others in this game, I don’t need to have something right away - I can wait 8 years…

Thanks, but no. Doing stuff a couple of times is nice, having to grind it 12+ times to unlock on every class becomes tedious

1 Like

While i would like balance of power to be account wide what i really want is the damn hidden appearances to be account wide or at least the drop rate on many of them to be vastly increased.

Ive been at it for over 2 years trying to get my alt prot warriors hidden appearance but the damn rp roar thats supposed to happen in the cave near thunder totem wont happen.

Even the combat/outlaw rogue drops for theirs is ridiculously low. They need to be raised.

1 Like

Whenever they make something account wide, the option to do the quest on alts is usually still there, isn’t it?

So who loses out here? Why is there such heated argument about it?

1 Like

I’m currently preparing for a Draenei character and RP, one of my most avoided races in the game, and I feel cursed in not getting the hidden paladin protection artifact out of Suramar.

Yet alone, I want to unlock the BoP protection artifact for my Blood Elf and Dwarf… and after doing it already two times I wonder if I have still the needed motivation to do it again.

1 Like

First off. Just buy the 226/229 BoEs for gold. They’re like no more than 1k. Second doing the campaigns (not counting breaching the tomb since that is account-wide) gets you class mounts so it’s not like the only reward awaiting you at completion is BoP skin. Third, why do you care to have the appearance on a class you don’t even have made in the first place?

Lastly, a player is seriously selling themselves short by not having one of every class. You don’t need to do anything beside it just being the prior expansion level cap at a minimum. But just having that class there and made reduces startup time in the future for if you hypothetically would want to play it if your preferred classes get boring. Not to mention you can farm offset mog pieces for your preferred armor types in your free time. Plus also just having all 12 (even if eleven of the 12 classes are 50ish) just gives a general breath of fresh air on the game. Class playstyle is the lens/vehicle for the game. And at some point it can get boring. Like I know a few people that have fury alts for legacy stuff, simply just for the mindless/tune out/autopiloting you can do for old things. Hell even for current stuff.

Yes, “we” (the vast majority of players) do.

1 Like

Tbf yall are too. You’re the other side of the argument and it’s a two-way street.

Can you link that poll? Didn’t think so. So it’s just as fair to say “nope you’re wrong, the vast majority of players like it the way it is”. Pulling “facts” out of your posterior just because it supports your argument is about as weak an argument as you can make.

1 Like

I personally dont think every mog needs to be gated by a challenge mode.

No.

It was rhetorical. Sad you can’t take the L with dignity

Imagine thinking anyone on the forums is winning anything. :rofl:

2 Likes

Imagine actually trying to debate on this even worse version of twitter, lol.

Lot less bot’s than twitter. Imagine all the companies that bent the knee to bot groups and gave millions of dollars. Probably feel dumb now.

it doesn’t unless you do it one after the other. It feels like fresh content if you only do one every 6-12 months.

Holiday mogs are account wide.

1 Like

come on - so you think there is any satisfaction from doing a bunch of stuff for no reward?

Well, it depends on what you consider a reward. And why you are doing said activity.

There are a few questlines and zones that I thoroughly enjoy, and even though I have collected all the mogs and mounts and this and that, I still go back from time to time to repeat a story or spend time in a zone. It’s a big reason I keep making alts, to set up for another trip down memory lane.

For me, the time spent is the reward. I will admit, Balance of Power is NOT one of them.

Even more recently, even though I unlocked Unity account wide, I still went through the campaign more times than I cared to in order to get the welfare belt on a few alts. I wasn’t excited for the end reward that I have already gotten, I was relieved that I could check it off my list.

I have zero expectations of other people viewing things the way I do or adapting to my playstyle, that’s just how I view older content. I spend a majority of my time doing older stuff, for the billionth time. My motive is just different.

1 Like