Game crashes at loading screen for PvP

The game crashes occasionally at the loading screen for PvP. The match actually starts, and I can’t get back into the game until it is over, resulting in a loss (I know it was counted as a loss since I would lose rating). I suspect that it’s because the game has problems loading Arathi Basin or the Gadgetzan map. Every time when the game doesn’t crash, the map is one of Alterac Valley, Hillsbrad Foothills, or Timbermaw Hold.

Edit: it appears only the Gadgetzan map is the problem. Arathi Basin loaded without issue.

Edit 2 (31 Jan): I was excited that there seems to be a major update today, to version 84185/84485, but alas, the issue persists. Still crashing when I get Gadgetzan in the queue.

Edit 3 (05 Feb): As of 4.0.0.84372, the same issues persist. The latest patch does not appear to address the issues indicated here.

Edit 4 (05 Feb): It seems that the issue is partially fixed, at least for me: the game still crashes when I get Gadgetzan in the queue, but I am able to log right back in and the map will load correctly. Played and won a Gadgetzan game, finally.

Edit 5 (05 Feb): It seems that there is a major issue if BOTH players crashed at the beginning of a match. Then the game locks and I was unable to log back in until I reinstalled the game. Also, since the patch I sometimes crash on Timbermaw Hold now as well, but I can log back in.

Edit 6 (07 Feb): 84732/85030 did not seem to fix any of the issues above.

Edit 7 (08 Feb): 84732/85170 crashes seem to be less frequent than the previous version above.

Edit 8 (09 Feb): 84732/85211 seems to be worse than the previous version, crash frequency has returned to be very high (approximately every third game). Whatever was patched in this iteration, it didn’t work and it made matters worse.

Edit 9: (10 Feb) In build 85261/85343 the main issue concerning Gadgetzan appears to be fixed. I queued into Gadgetzan without crashing for the first time since I made this post. Hopefully all other crash issues mentioned in this thread are addressed as well.

In addition to a description of the bug you are reporting, please provide:

• Device Type: iPhone
  • Device Model: iPhone 12
  • Device Operating System: iOS 17.2.1
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 4.0.0.84372/84372
14 Likes

Same problem

………………

1 Like

Same problem. The game closes during loading when there is a map rotation

1 Like

Seems to be Gadgetzan.

It’s the only map I haven’t played.

1 Like

iPhone XR with IOS 17.3, same problem in patch 4.0.0.84185/84185. If I try to start a PvP match, just as it’s about to begin the game crashes and if opening it again it loads to 50% then crashes again.

5 Likes

Same issue here - select PVP match, app crashes, hangs at 50% during loading screen for about five minutes, PVP rank records a loss

iPhone 12
iOS 17.2.1 - I see iOS 17.3 is available, updating now to see if this impacts the issue
Rumble version 4.0.0.84185/84185

EDIT: Updated to iOS 17.3 - I got two games completed, crashed after winning the third match. Progress, maybe(?), will test further

EDIT 2: iOS version does not appear to resolve the issue. It still periodically crashes in the same way after updating.

6 Likes

I updated to iOS 17.3 as well. No difference.

Looks like it’s something to do with trying to DL the Gadgetzan map.

The other 4 maps load fine.

1 Like

Same issue for me.

• Device Type: iPhone
  • Device Model: iPhone 11 pro max
  • Device Operating System: iOS 17.2.1
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 4.0.0.84185/84185

Chain crashes at 50% on the loading screen while the PvP match happens and then you lose the rating for the game loss

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s a specific map. I’ve only been able to load 1 game out of 10 or so since the update. I keep trying with low honor heroes to avoid losing points

For the last 24 hours it has crashed every single time I’ve tried to load a PvP game. Maybe 10-15 games.
It get’s stuck at 50% and then shows “Blizzard Entertainment” until my match is over and I’ve lost.

Iphone Xr
After the 4.0.0 patch </3

4 Likes

SAME problem, nothing helped!
I hope after this we will get smth like gold tomes etc!! I spend a lot to this game, I like this game! I’m ready to pay, but I want quality!!!

2 Likes

Same it works half the time other half crashes when playing pvp with iPhone 13

1 Like

After downloading 4.0 patch, game crashes every time I try a PVP match. I tried on both Ipads which are both latest model. The map wouldnt even load. just crashes immediately with the loading bar. When you restart app, it would either go into a loop of the starting screen or completely freeze which you are not able to hit any buttons. Then if you restart app after the freeze again pve quest and dungeons work. Again if you attempt pvp it would crash again. I tried at least 30 times throughout the day yesterday after patch with same crash result. So I finally downloaded the game on an emulator and see if it worked on the computer and the pvp button worked and allowed me to play pvp games. So the problem is something to due with IOS devices. Hopefully this can get resolved soon as I prefer to play on my Ipads. Thanks!

4 Likes

Device type: IPhone
Model: IPhone 11 XR
Version: 17.2.1
App update: 4.0.0 (latest version)

I Am trying to get into my pvp games but every time I get into it, the loading screen loads as usual but when it plays the sound of the loading complete it somehow automatically crashes and kicks me out of the game back to the Home Screen, when I log back in, I end up in a time look where it would go back to where the words blizzard entertainment begins every time it reaches 50% on the loading bar and will keep doing it until I swipe up on the app itself and log back in. I hate this. Get my PVP working again. NOW!!!

2 Likes

Same problem as above.

Same. Ridiculously frustrating. So many crashes and “lost matches” then 50% loading loops.

iPhone 13 latest patch for game and iOS.

2 Likes

After the patch the game is unplayable at PVP. Keep crashing every 50% of new PvP game. After the crash the game is stuck at the loading screen and losing honor points without even playing a match. Lost a lot of points due this bug.

• iPhone 11
1 Like

Same problem with iPhone 12

Same. I recorded it here https://youtu.be/WJdi9VfLDKU?si=C4i_qLnA-RZbWEhh

Can we get a response, Blizzard?

1 Like

Same issue on Iphone Xr.