Why does Warcraft 3 Reforged look so awful now?!

Because it is beta version ?
Anyway I think, the players will have option to choose from classic interface and Reforged one. That one from Blizzcon 2018 is cool af.

1 Like

They have a month. “It’s just beta” is utterly meaningless.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what people claiming its just a beta, will say when the game releases and we got the same graphics… People thinking they are keeping those away from the Beta makes no sense. They need to test how units look and how you distinguish them (among other things) and those would differ with the upgraded, 2018 graphics…

7 Likes

True! I was and am one of them! More saturation is always good!

I would agree with some technical complaints - such as more shadows, but I would hate the depressive washed out colours of the 2018 demo!

How you know that? Where you receive this informations?

Can’t rush perfection.

Man are you optimists in for a disappointment. One of the main feedback points is readability of units, if they suddenly add 3-4 graphical enhancements that change the look and feel of the game the readability WILL change. This is more or less what the final product will look like, and yes the downgrade is too obvious along with the cut content. Reforged is just a mess.

2 Likes

I feel that the graphics are amazing to be honest.

5% of ppl clicking on your 2018 culling demo link upvoted your posting. thats how much people actually “believe reforged looks awful now”.

if you got feedback, set up a proper feedback thread with detailed descriptions of your points, arguments, pictures, illustrations or whatever helps bring your point across in a constructive manner, so it can be discussed properly.

one liner complain threads like these are toxic, and they bring in toxic ppl and toxic behavior. forums can be such a nice place, dont ruin it.

1 Like

I for one

1. am all out of upvotes.
  2. do not left-click links but right-click them to get the context menu to open the link in a new tab (and it doesn’t register).

But I agree.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it’s work in progress.

No, they dont are better than The Culling demo from Blizzcon2018!

See the video!
x_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odmvx-T8uJc

The 2018 version looks infinite better, lets hope the awesome graphics back in final release :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

They are almost the same. The things you didn’t take into account the 2018 demo was a redone campaign map and the other is an old multiplayer map from back in the day. Also the 2018 is using a different tileset ‘Dalaran’ to the 2019 clip ‘Lordaeron Summer’. On another note they’ve made changes to units and buildings for online clarity for multiplayer. That is why they look different it’s not a downgrade you’re comparing two different things in the tileset used and that one is an old multiplayer map and one is a new redone campaign map.

Somebody explained that the demo was running on SC2 engine, whereas Beta is running on the old W3 engine in order to be compatible with classic W3. This all makes sense. That demo must be a marketing strategy for sales, but the real thing is degraded to a massive reskin project.

2 Likes

I will not be dissapointment If graphics will be left the same as they are now - Game looks amazing,far better than the original

And no,It’s not a final product - The game is running on OLD Warcraft Engine with few new features. Trully updated engine will came out with Custom game patch

1 Like

They promised that a new Interface will be awalible with new build after releace

This is dead wrong. Dead wrong and false information. The user Kam asked me for Warcraft III jass help and then the script I wrote for him was running on the 2018 culling demo on the stage, because I wrote a bug into it on accident. You can see the bug in Grubby’s stream.

I have insider information 100% proof that the culling demo is the Warcraft III engine. They are not different engines. Honestly between the two videos, the units and buildings are the same models rendered with the same code.

The Culling demo is a .w3m/.w3x map file run on a derivative of the Warcraft III engine, guaranteed 100%, trust me, I am Retera author of Retera Model Studio and I know this fact to be true.

2 Likes

The pathetic shills are hilarious as always. Nothing will change.

3 Likes

IMO all what really matters is the gameplay for me lol
What you think of this graphics?

Well something has definitely gone wrong. The demo looked like a new game, while beta was like an original W3 game with reforged unit models. And just speaking of the units, they act awkward, I think somehow they imitate the old W3 units’ movements but in new models, which don’t fit. Demo version has smooth and natural movement.

8 Likes