What's your favorite custom map?

at most Blizzard would send feedback to the Malaysia company who is responsible for making this game ~90%. Chances are they just ran out of money to throw at the game and called it a day, same goes for BfA.

yea because players can help players with broken code. if your statement is true, the bug report forums are utterly worthless, as it means, blizzard as no intention whatsoever to use them - and i dont see how players are supposed to help with stuttering, caching or team color issues. what also means blizz has no intention of ever fixing the game at all.

to me it seems quite ridiculous to handle the situation like you discribed. there was zero communication with the beta aswell, and at that point you could also call it “server load test” or whatever. beta potential was wasted, as the game is as buggy as it was in the beta stage, and blizzard did their best to not improve the situation.

with metacritic scoring a 2.0 and some gaming magazines preparing some really harsh reviews, i’d happily take any help offered to fix my own made mess asap. if blizz chooses not to - shame - but i wont throw my work after them on top of that.

caterparty and parasite :slight_smile:

So you aren’t going to find where they promised us anything?

Again, you’re applying things where they don’t fit. First, false advertising requires intent. Meaning that they intended, for the sole purpose of deceiving, everything you point out. Second, as I stated, it’s a game in development; plans change and rightly so.

You lose all credibility when you resort to personally attacking your opponent.

That’s not what they’re for. They are for players to help guide other players. Be it education on something, what support ticket to use, where to post.

Bliz uses the forums to collect information from, not as an official contact point. The Bug Report forum, for example, is meant to be a one-way repository of reports for QA to collect and investigate.

You’d be surprised how many tech savvy players there are that know the ins and outs of computers to help alleviate issues like that. I once knew a tech support MVP that authored a huge guide on all the tweaks that could be made to a computer system to optimize the performance of Heroes of the Storm. It was even pinned by Bliz for the entirety of its existence on the old forums.

That’s a whole separate issue that I’m 100% in agreement. Bliz’s communication culture is terrible across all the franchises. Has been since I started playing.

One thing I didn’t mention above is that the official contact point for technical assistance (not bug reports) is the ticket system. That’s where Bliz wants people to go for personal, one-on-one attention. Granted, tech support doesn’t code or fix bugs, so there is some stuff that they can’t help with, but if it’s something that can be tweaked with what currently exists, they’re the ones to go to.

Warchasers, problem is you need 4 people for sure else you need hours of playing to finish it.

lmfao, this is what you take the time to reply to.
Holy fwomb you guys deserve everything that’s coming.

5 Likes

i figured out where the stuttering on (supposedly) radeon graphics cards comes from, and where blizz needs to look to identify and fix the issue. i have my own personal bug report with a video, linked it and explained in 3 other bug reports, and also linked and explained in one technical help thread.

not one single response.

its not a personal problem, its an issue that affects around 30% of the player base. i think it would be of major interest for blizzard to get that one fixed.

im offering my feedback in the forums, as the forums say “bug report”, thats where i report bugs. so take it or leave it i guess.

If it was in the Bug Report forum then that’s normal. It’s just a repository for reports for Bliz’s QA to collect from. They usually only reply if they need more information from the player(s) to help them out.

You’re definitely posting in the right spot. I can confidently say that they get seen despite no feedback or “Thanks”. (Because I have some limited communication with Customer Support and Technical Support at Blizzard due to my MVP status with them.)

If you reply, I’m not ignoring it! I have to head out for the night. :slight_smile:

1 Like

dont know since I CANT PLAY THE GAME.

Don’t you mean any game where Blizzard owns Intellectual Property?

dbz tribute but i guess thats gone forever now because of the copyright thing.

So none of them. then

1 Like

DOTA! Duh!

Ended up being more popular than Warcraft 3 itself

None because I can’t create a custom game still, and joining one just boots you after a minute.

1 Like

He’s a CM. Stands for Community Manager. He had 12 replies to threads from all of yesterday until now. In the WoW forum he has had 2 posts across today and yesterday. They work 8 hour days. 12 replies in 16 hours of work day is less than one response an hour. That’s not really managing a community.

Kaivax’s only posts yesterday were just strictly sticky posts before the game launched. This comment is their only one since the game has launched.

These community managers are a joke, the other CM Torelef was asking people what monitors they had when they complained about black screens. A monitor has literally nothing to do with games black screening.

3 Likes

The remake of warcraft 1 and 2/beyond dark portal
story maps
sadly cant play them anymore because you removed the custom campaign feature

2 Likes

Hellhalt td, castle fight, green td and battships were my favorite games

It was Troll & Elves but it doesn’t work in Reforged and they’ve killed Classic, so I can’t play it anymore, none of its variants/versions work anymore.

That’s actually a lot of posts from a studio employee. I haven’t played a single game where a “community manager” posted more often than this.

I mean do you really think that all a CM does is post on forums? Really?

Like others have said… there are just too many amazing custom maps that are just so much fun to play even to this day (and by to this day a couple days ago when i was I on the classic client having fun like I and many others for the past 17 years)

FF ORPG 1.10 was one of my favorites rpgs, along with Juliens RPG as well. FF Epic was good too and FF Tactics was great. VideoGame RPG was always fun as well!

The Mauls were always fun, WMW and your standard Mauls with a tweak (Pokemon, DBZ [although the bugged one where you can build Vegito and then sell him for double to price was kinda meh], Yugioh, Halo and just other random ones).

The classic Run Kitty Run with Linkin Park in the chipmunk voices, HVH (Heaven Vs. Hell) Angel Arena, Anime Arena… thousands of hours played on those as well.

DBZ tribby chain pulling as cell and just being too OP to stop early in the game. Footies, what more could be said than just saying Footies…

Blizzard let out crazy imaginations run wild and took whatever we had wanted in a game and left it to us to make it something out of nothing. The freedom we had on the platform was the best. The main thing I am upset with Blizzard other than people losing rights to custom maps they make is that they got rid of the classic client. The UI was so clean and everything flowed the way it was supposed to. I am lucky to still hold onto my couple copies of the battle chest WC3 as well as the stand alone CD’s when they were released along with most of the old maps I played on. When I have Lan parties you bet for sure I will fire up the old classic TFT client and have a grand old time like we did not so long ago. I did not pre-order nor did I purchase Reforged, I hope they re-release the old client.

1 Like