What wrong with you fans?

Warcraft 3 developer team did a cool job, they give us a new-old game!
But what do we have now? Someone cry about 50/50 gender rotation for heroes…
Thats really strange.
World of warcraft have a women’s and male characters in hero position, and what the problem to have a women DK and DH in the Warcraft strategy?

8 Likes

Its a hughe change to the original? Btw wc3 had great storrytelling and wow is more fanfiction: wouldnt it be cool if: we bring back, illidan, muradin and so on…

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for keeping it short instead of a whole damn mega thread.

I don’t really see any major issue, other then its a massive change that old players need time to adjust to. but i believe its fine.

i only refer it as massive because its been a really long time we’re used to see what we used to see so we grow to love it. and its like someone pinged us really hard with this and its taking time for us to digest.

I didn’t really complain in the forums about this personally. even though if someone asked me i would say i would PREFER to be able to always choose a single option being the default from the original or choose to get random from a group.

4 Likes

Not to derail the subject, but that was always one of my biggest things with WoW;
People died at pivotal points in W3’s story to give it some gravity and consequence, and in WoW they’re just all JK, not dead lol.
Muradin and Illidan you mentioned.
If you wanna hang out with Uther, you can talk to his ghos in a church somewhere, or whatever.
I’m frankly baffled that they haven’t brough Grom back, but I suppose they have in a way…

2 Likes

Where are melee matches, where female Death Knights show up right now, canon in Warcraft?

But melee mode isn’t canon, and female DK’s (so far) have only been seen in melee. This doesn’t really have anything to do with WoW either.

And for that matter, even if a female DK appeared in the campaign… it doesn’t make the story telling any less great for what it was. I mean… do we want the Silvermoon swordsman model removed and replaced with generic ‘Captain’ footmen models because that’s the way they were back in original Warcraft 3? Because Silvermoon Swordsmen would be ‘fanfiction’?

Yeah the whole do being female isn’t an issue at all. The fact people are making it to be is baffling. But I’ve never cared about the lore of the game. I honestly forgot most of the story and I’ve been waiting to play reforged to get updated.

People for sure have every right to complain though. It wasn’t Blizzard keeping this game alive for 15 years. From what I remember the alchemist and firelord were poorly thought out heroes just given to us to help promote wow.

They set wc3 out to die back in 2007 so I understand if the community that’s kept it alive the past decade are pissed at the lack of key changes to the game in favor for reskins and updated models

Most ppl assumed they were remaking wc3 to update the mad editor and help RTS fans. So far it’s just to help wow fans understand classic wows lore better? I understand the bitterness

1 Like

it is a consumer product yeah, i find it all a bit strange. like we pay money to go to a strip club and watch old grannies jumping up and down, unusual, an unusual way to spend our free time.

it needs to be highlighted, the product costs money, we are paying for the full experience. beginning to end, grannies.

2 Likes

If I were to play with that metaphor, it’s like the owners assign you to booths where there’s a 50% chance you’d watch nude hot guys dancing instead of gals, knowing you’re a straight male. Then they do the same to female and LGBTQ customers.

Regardless of sexual preference, everyone gets a 50% chance to be ecstatically aroused or utterly irritated (the probability is less knowable for queer people~I don’t know enough about them to make a sensible calculation). It’s worse than gambling. At least gamblers win and lose knowing the risks. Usually.

2 Likes

In case you have not thought about it, the altar has additional free spaces … all the genres could be placed on it. and choose the preferred unit. ^^

The problem is that we are in Limbo.
At this point we should already know how the Skins system works. Thing that would make this whole issue resolved.

But just like with WoW. This is all a Wait that maybe in a year I give you what you are looking for.

Well, it’s pretty annoying to see all theses complaints against an useless gender change whereas there are other more important problems.

3 Likes

nobody should care about gender issues since is just a game

4 Likes

The same must be seen how many Post and how many Fav they have.
I mean, most of those posts have less than 10 fav or less than 5.

Unlike the themes against the cut content. Or against the change of lore.

Bone the theme of the Heroes woman. They are relatively few.

2 Likes

Some people are stupid. Bell curve. And democracies empower them. =[

1 Like

Blizzard do. They outright removed the succubus from Hearthstone and did some other misc card art censorship touch ups, the succubus has been retconed out of Blizzard’s existence. It shows how zealous they are at pruning every single thing from the company that is, in their eyes, overly feminine. No other game company or TCG has ever done a thing like this. This type of censorship is unprecedented.

I am quite certain if you disagreed with the censorship decisions you would end up out the door. It is company policy.

Elves get a free pass for now, until they find a way lore way to clothe them and strip them of secondary sexual characteristics. Beyond the elves, every other character goes through a censorship filter. Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, it doesn’t matter. It is easy to spot.

Back to the real world…
The majority of women are comfortable playing feminine characters in games, so the decision to strip femininity from their gender is a company decision to protect children, that means these games are geared towards juniors, not a grown adults.

So here you all are, spending hundreds of dollars on video game content designed for juniors. When you could take that money and get x10 the value putting it into something made for your age bracket.

5 Likes

The same is fun. Blizzard worries tango that there is gender equality.

But in the Wow the race of wild Amazons. Those are just damsels in ausilium. Which is much more serious for gender equality than the number of female characters.

1 Like

it’s not crying, it’s giving feedback, the problem is that people make 300 threads instead of finding 1 with the same complaint and adding to it
but that’s inevitable, people will do it

God damn right , no love at all , so very sad.

https://i.imgur.com/ui1xCbV.png

1 Like