What happened to the graphics?

“The only games i think look cool are carbon copies of WC3” , oh my god so unexpected.

https://media.moddb.com/images/members/4/3143/3142181/profile/slJAGu7EaWc.jpg

Even Armies of Azeroth tilesets that are mixed with sc2 ones look better of reforged ones, but yeah there’s no point to point this out on a fossilized view as your own

2 Likes

I hated Armies of Azeroth. Too dark, too plastic, too low-poly, has a different engine, and no point playing it as long as the original WC3 is there.

The Reforged terrain looks sublime.

Reforged terrain is probably not finished, but i’m not sure, it looks really similar to how it was before. so i don’t really see any issues.

1 Like

What? Aren’t your wc3 classic assets like amorphous blobs of polygons? i am dying :smiley:

There’s where i thrive! FLAME WARS!

Still don’t understand the mindset of fanboys, treating a game like it’s their own property and creation, talking like no one is allowed to have their own visions about remakes and completely unable to make up compelling arguments and criticism but basically spamming CHANGE=BAD

2 Likes

My idea is that I’m not inspired by mild improvements. Reforged blew me away when I first saw the models.

It was.* In the demo. Now Blizzard have heeded my avice and improved it massively.

Not even trying anymore, objectively bad, good on nostalgic eyes… period

2 Likes

and that is bad why ?

How am I nostalgic if I support the new models?

Dude, I just want saturated colours, that’s all. Even the anime hellhole that is LoL is superior in my eyes to Dota2 in the terrain department - before they made it all dark and gritty and bland around 2016.

the buildings look nice, but its the units that look very unrecognizable for me compared to wc 3 units. the terrain textures also look like they pretty much directly got taken out of the original wc 3 without any update

i don’t exactly have issues with team color

more with what i’m actually able to see

and from what iv’e seen, i think RF models and the effect of the new graphics on them, just generally makes my job at telling what’s going on much harder then regular wc3. and since RF is to be an improvement over the regular one, the correct thing we should get isn’t less clarity or equal clarity. its more clarity then the original game. IMPROVEMENT. i have a hard time believing blizzard can achieve equal clarity. let alone improved clarity.

idk if i have any issues with terrain, they just seem up ressed, and that’s it, and for some reason that’s fine with me. water detail is better though so yay :stuck_out_tongue:

They have been updated, however. Look closely.

That’s impossible. Grubby admitted that Reforged can never have more clarity.

More clarity would be black squares and triangles on white.

Someone made a good post that shows how they have ignored many of the shadows on the terrain. The buildings also feel like they have been plonked on the terrain, there are large straight jagged edges all over the place and very little transition effects.

3 Likes

i did look closely, maybe it might be because i havent played the original wc 3 in a few years but the grassy terrain looked the same to me

i think the only thing everyone can generally agree, is that good or bad. Reforgeds art style is just all over the place, consistency is just not to be found here.

they follow regular wc3 art in some place
they copy wow art in other
they make some sh!t up in the next place.

its just bits and pieces of things that everyone likes or has an issue with across the board.

i for one can’t have a clear mind looking at Reforged. it seems like a giant sticker of IDK WHAT OPINION I SHOULD HAVE ON THIS. is on the forehead of the game.

Where exactly?

i think the only thing everyone can generally agree, is that good or bad. Reforgeds art style is just all over the place, consistency is just not to be found here.

Completely agree with you. There is no art direction and this leads to some sort of visual discomfort(for a lack of better term). For a spectator game this is not looking good.

3 Likes

For me its when my eye transitions from units and buildings to the terrain. Visually its not working. More shadows and transition effects might be needed?

2 Likes

It’s definitely needs more shadows and reflections. Otherwise, it’s unacceptable.

4 Likes