Game freezes and then crashes

I have tried running in fullscreen mode but it made no difference, However, my game crashes only when I try to build a structure.
Anyone else having this same issue?

2 Likes

Is shadow quality and occlusion off?

@all I found a fix atleast for myself. Turn off “Shadow Quality” and “Occlusion”, but not everything that ended in a black screen for me.
Using Windowed Fullscreen mode.

1 Like

If you use fullscreen only, what happens?

Scared to touch the settings because its working atm :smiley:

1 Like

Some tips to avoid crashes:

Guys clean up temp files after some games to avoid crashes. Turn off shadow quality and occlusion. Play in fullscreen, not windowed fullscreen nor windowed. To access temp files open run command with WindowsKey + R and type temp, then open it again and type %temp%, then do it again but type Prefetch, delete everything in these folders.

Ok , so disabling shadows did help , but iffy 24hz refresh still stays i think …

24hz, 40hz, 60hz, 65hz, 70hz, 75hz it’s related to your monitor refresh rate, you must choose what fits best to your monitor. I recommend that if you have 75hz frequency in the game , you should put your game resolution to one with frequency of 70hz, for me it doesn’t crash but see what frequency suits to you, most people put a in game resolution with the same frequency of their monitors.

@Gelinho , nonsense mate , its related to your monitors refresh rate first of all , and stuck at 24 hz makes the game look choppy ^^

1 Like

Yeah man but you understand what i mean, just put the refresh rate to 5 lower or just at your monitor’s refresh rate. I’ll rectify the answer there.

Same Problems here, building something is impossible–>freeze and crash.
Changing Settings also leads to Black Screen.

i7-7800x
2080TI
64GB RAM

Good day.

My game froze after approx 2min in game. I had put down a lumber mill and trained a few peons (I was humans). The game froze when I tried to place my barracks.

My settings were:

Resolution: 1920x1080@60
VSync: Checked
Model Detail: High
Animation Quality: High
Texture Quality: High
Particles: High
L.Spells: High
Shadow Quality: High
Occlusion: On
Lighting Quality: High
Foliage Quality: High
Antialiasing: On
Gamma: Default setting
Full Screen

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

The most common fix is to turn off Occlusion and Shadows, turning off Vsync increases also performance to some and having latest drivers helps.

1 Like

I have the same issue and tried to do the same (turn of shadow and occlusion), Instead of crashing 10 seconds into the game, i got stuck on loading screen with full load bar. second time i got into the game and now the opponent left, so i think they crashed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just installed the game with all standards, nothing changed.
Started 1v1 play and as soon as I want to build barracks the game is freezing. nothing can be done anymore.

Dude, this thread tells you what to do. If you just installed and started the game without changing anything we told you here, why do you come here?

If you are stuck in loading screen, you need to clean temp files. Windowskey + R, then type temp, do It again And type %temp%, again but type Prefetch, each time delete all files in these folders.

Every time i play with humans and i want build a barracks the game is freezing , with orks i have e few min before nothing works and the game crash

Same here… every time when i want to build structure game crash…

I think something to do with shift building causes crashes. I can stay in a game as long as I don’t shift build anything with peasants, but the moment I do, whole thing just crashes.