What happened to the graphics?

:slight_smile::popcorn:

4 Likes

You just cannot change those settings while ingame.

2 Likes

Lol, i can love the game but i can at the same time not like having eye raping tilesets, it’s not that hard to understand :b:OI

2 Likes

My bad then, i was wrong.

Art design in SD Warcraft 3 was different. The palette looked more natural and no, I find that SD version is less luminous than beta.
It is not just my tastes, it hurts the eyes seriously.

1 Like

I’m going for this one heavly.

This “beta” build seems very RAW. This is not the same build we saw in Blizzcon, its even earlier.

Is not possible that after 3 years (2 in secret dev) they couldnt do the 4 races, only upgrade the assets/maps and leave all behind.
Also there is a rumor that Blizzard have the project to a German/Chineese studio to finish it. So yeah, maybe thats the reason.

1 Like

To me, it’s a deal breaker. The 2018 demo looked incredibly bland and depressing. I’m happy Blizzard hearkened to me.

By the way, why are you speaking out only now? This has been out since October 14th.

What? It’s utterly impossible! Look at all the new models! New UI! New tilesets! New Russian voices!

I think it’s pretty clear the Demo trees/tilesets/shadows objectively looked better and more natural than the current Beta. Any arguments against it seems based on purest nostalgia or they didn’t like the units actually fitting within the environment.

For those optimistic that these trees are on medium setting and will look like the Demo ones once high is ready, I highly doubt it if they have new screenshots on the playwarcraft3 site with the updated trees looking no different. And why wouldn’t they showcase their best graphics settings there? Granted the blight on one of those screenshots is not even corrupting the trees under it.

Unit models and other doodads look great, but tilesets/trees definitely don’t look on the same level as the amount of detail/work put into them. I really think the immersiveness of the environment is really important to the overall quality of the gameplay and to watch it as a spectator. But I’ll be okay with the current look if they changed it mainly for the sake of preserving FPS.

Honestly, I’d be content if they just darken the grass and shadow. I think it’ll make a big difference. The shadows are so light right now that it doesn’t even feel like the units are standing on the ground but rather just moving above it. Same with the current trees, they’re just placed above the ground rather than feeling like part of the environment like the Demo. (Yes, there’s a difference to that) Hopefully we get the Reforged unit sounds/music at Blizzcon so that might help enhance the experience.

5 Likes

The terrain is the biggest disappointment. The new HD models look funny running over what appears to be basically the old terrain tiles with a few minor changes.

If what we are seeing is the tile-set package, well that is a kick in the guts!

4 Likes

I just played my first reforged game and graphics are ok. The terrain looks good too.

Perhaps instead of being part of the loud annoying minority on the internet you could be useful and offer more constructive feedback. Offer specific changes you’d like to see.

“Better” is subjective, what do YOU consider better? What change do you think they should make?

You trashing a game on forums and online in general will get nothing changed and your posts ignored by the devs.

It’s always been like this.

2 Likes

He did it. Here.

But here is my very first post on this forum!

or people need to take stuff like this into account

BECAUSE ITS A BETA SO ITS NORMAL FOR THEM TO LOCK USER SETTINGS TO A NORM TO FACILITATE TESTING, AND THEN OPENING UP MORE COMBINATIONS TO TROUBLESHOOT

:smiley:

im actually not upset, just capzin for coolnees

EDIT why did i say hardware

Hahahahaha, blizzard “hearkened” to you… so much autism dude, keep believing they trashed away the option to have realistic graphics just to make fans happy and not because of framerate lololol

1 Like

The game looks too cartoony and bright while it previously looked good

4 Likes

Wait, what? The fans are happy when the framerate is high!

And don’t pretend there wasn’t a deep divide between the cartoonishists and realisticists. I got what I wanted - sharp realistic models with bright saturated terrain.

I do hope they turn up the shadows a bit more. That could be considered an objective downgrade.

I think some of you are forgetting that Warcraft 3 is an e-sport game. Many people have played the game for years or almost decades. I would prefer it if the graphics were a bit worse but allow good micro and visibility of the units.

In addition, the game is just in an early BETA. There’s a lot more that can change. It is also completely unclear whether this current state is the right development version or simply the most stable one to date.

More people played WC3 for custom maps than ladder. The races and more specifically the heroes have terrible internal balance which makes ladder very repetitive.

Terrain is paramount to reviving the custom map community. It’s looks like they have spent all the time on the unit models and forgotten to invest in detailed tile-sets.

6 Likes

The game is very good balanced. The problem is: if you are bad and don’t know how to counter anything it seems unbalanced. If you are medium-skilled player then the story looks quite different and if you are a pro then it is clearly well balanced overall.

1 Like

Ok, if there is such great internal balance home come many of the heroes are not viable in competitive play? why do Undead have pretty much one play style etc?