What happened to the graphics?

Grubby aint playing on the highest settings. He said it himself and saw it when he changed the settings

I’m playing the beta at maximum settings right now and I’m telling you the graphics is legit bad. The game could be released in 2011 and still considered below standards.

3 Likes

Yeah… The graphics of 2018 is so much better

2 Likes

Made me laugh more than it should have

Welcome to the requirement of backwards compatibility with classic, what has single handedly F*^%ed reforged.

The tree’s, terrain, and units are all limited by having to match silhouette’s. I think they’ve thrown an opportunity away with reforged…

I prefer the original UI with a few exceptions… It should be able to support more units, and we should see control groups in the UI.

Imagine how they could of expanded the game; Heroes, units, terrain, trees, buildings, co-op and all sorts of other things would of been more possible without the requirement of backwards compatibility.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the beta just looks bad because they slapped the new HD models on just the old maps with the tileset just shaded/smoothed to look updated. Compare this to the 2018 Culling demo, which had an entire new map, with updated tiles/trees to fit the visuals and look of the new models. This is even more telling by the comparison of even the minimap pictures. The mini map of the demo is new and graphically apealing, the current beta one is the exact minimaps from classic. This was quite foolish on Blizzard’s part as there can’t be real visual testing when the map terrain isn’t really updated to fit the new look.

Hopefully, if there’s an update today, they’ll use new/different maps to show the game looks better than it appears along with the visual fixes.

So far the 2018 version looks better. Please back with blizzcon2018 graphics please! <3

1 Like

Come on guys graphics are good and they are being improved. I’m having lots of fun and if blizzard just fix the multiplayer stability now… it would be awesome, for players and streamers. Some pics:

https://imgur.com/a/GXZgTyE

i won that match

⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠐⢶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⡀⠁⠁⣠⣀⣀⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠙⢿⣯⣠⣶⣦⣤⣤⣌⣛⠻⢇⣠⣤⣤⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠻⣿⣿⣿⡟⢉⡤⢤⣤⣤⡍⠛⢡⢖⣥⣶⣦⣀⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣠⣿⣿⣿⡏⣭⣶⣿⣿⠟⢿⣦⡡⣿⣿⡇⠁⡙⣷⡀
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡞⣿⣿⡟⢀⡀⣿⣿⢻⣿⣿⣀⣁⣿⠏
⠁⠁⠁⢀⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⢰⢻⣿⣇⣈⣴⣿⠟⢨⣛⠛⠛⠉⠁⠁
⠁⣠⣶⣿⣿⡟⢋⠤⣤⠘⢿⣿⣧⡙⠻⠌⠒⠙⠛⢛⣫⣥⣿⣦⡈⠉⣡⣴⣾⠇
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⡇⠁⠙⠷⣤⡙⠻⢿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠋⠁⠁
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠻⣄⠁⣀⡀⠉⠙⠒⠂⠉⠍⠉⠉⠉⠉⣩⣍⣁⣂⡈⠠⠂⠁⠁
⠁⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡉⠳⢬⣛⠷⢦⡄⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣀⣼⣿⣿⠿⠛⠋⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠉⠻⢿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣬⣍⣓⡒⠒⣒⣂⣠⡬⠽⠓⠂⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁

now the sad part

https://imgur.com/a/4xJY9lh

__________████████_____██████
_________█░░░░░░░░██_██░░░░░░█
________█░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░█
_______█░░░░░░░███░░░█░░░░░░░░░█
_______█░░░░███░░░███░█░░░████░█
______█░░░██░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░██
_____█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░███
____█░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░████░░█
____█░░░░░░░░░█████░░░████░░██░░██░░█
___██░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░███
__█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░█████████
_█░░░░░░░░░░█████_████___████_█████___█
_█░░░░░░░░░░█______█_███__█_____███_█___█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░█___████_████____██_██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░█░░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████▒▒█
░░░░░░░░░█▒▒███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▓██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▓▓▓███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓█
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█

You are joking? Your screenshots of this beta looks like the Old Warcraft 3 but with models and houses updated, this are looking old, ugly and strange. There dont have any shadows in this Screenshot, how you can say this look good? I know this is you preference, but for me and some much people the graphics of now dont are cool. We want the 2018 Blizzcon graphics option to choose when we go play! <3

4 Likes

More pics.

https://imgur.com/a/Bo37uWA

A day of victories and glory.

⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠐⢶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⡀⠁⠁⣠⣀⣀⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠙⢿⣯⣠⣶⣦⣤⣤⣌⣛⠻⢇⣠⣤⣤⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠻⣿⣿⣿⡟⢉⡤⢤⣤⣤⡍⠛⢡⢖⣥⣶⣦⣀⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣠⣿⣿⣿⡏⣭⣶⣿⣿⠟⢿⣦⡡⣿⣿⡇⠁⡙⣷⡀
⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡞⣿⣿⡟⢀⡀⣿⣿⢻⣿⣿⣀⣁⣿⠏
⠁⠁⠁⢀⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⢰⢻⣿⣇⣈⣴⣿⠟⢨⣛⠛⠛⠉⠁⠁
⠁⣠⣶⣿⣿⡟⢋⠤⣤⠘⢿⣿⣧⡙⠻⠌⠒⠙⠛⢛⣫⣥⣿⣦⡈⠉⣡⣴⣾⠇
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⡇⠁⠙⠷⣤⡙⠻⢿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠋⠁⠁
⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠻⣄⠁⣀⡀⠉⠙⠒⠂⠉⠍⠉⠉⠉⠉⣩⣍⣁⣂⡈⠠⠂⠁⠁
⠁⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡉⠳⢬⣛⠷⢦⡄⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⣀⣼⣿⣿⠿⠛⠋⠁⠁⠁⠁
⠁⠁⠁⠉⠻⢿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣬⣍⣓⡒⠒⣒⣂⣠⡬⠽⠓⠂⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁⠁

I aggre, what a stupid thing make the ‘’ reforged ‘’ compatible, is not even reforged is a little update to engine for 20 usd

Is this Warcraft Immortal ?

1 Like

If this downgrade graphics is because to be compatible with the old Warcraft 3, this game will need a option to play only with Warcraft 3 Reforged owners to have the Blizzcon2018 Graphics!

3 Likes

It already has one… Custom map authors can require Reforged if they optimize their map around it.

I hope the ray tracing be available in the release! Please back with the realistic previous graphics!

3 Likes

I do not think it ever used raytracing… Practically no game uses it for general lighting effects.

Holy sh*t. That’s actually very big difference. Yeah, I’m kind of disappointed in how the game looks atm in the beta (ahmm, I mean alpha :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

We are together! Please come back with the awesome graphics! <3

1 Like

what if, these 2018 graphics are really heavy for some machines? models doing animations as png video where you need to use key color filter to be like png.
diffrent terrain making cpu or gpu heavy according to an old and tested terrain with no problem. dont forget terrain is a huge part of the map, its the whole map…
if its heavier then it will really cost us performance, and i dont know about your pc but mine isnt a 1000$ product. something with good performance even on low end pcs can be really good to the future of the game. (thats my opinion feel free to disagree bro <3 )

lazy? you cant even understand what you see bro. they really working hard . if its so easy to create a game from the start and make it feel the same as the classic without seems the same, go and make it alone all by yourself.

nothing is easy and community make it even harder for blizzard, giving the random tips