What actually happened?

I hate to say it, but it feels like Blizzard is falling apart and I’m not even in the Blizzard-hating crowd, but it’s us and the games who are suffering.

12 Likes

We still having hope! I think they can do a major improviments to the game graphics in general! Lets wait with good hopes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Excellent summary! This is the thing that game now needs to improve!

honestly who tf cares about graphics at this point? the performance is abysmal.

actually you can not even play the game without it freezing, disconnecting, fps dropping, hell i even get fcking bluescreens and im worried my entire computer broke.

this is a hellhole of optimization, i never thought blizzard would ever get this low.

3 Likes

here is how things are and will be:

game will improve long term through patches

whiners will always be whining for something

people will turn into reforged eventually

tournaments are already announced and the classic will be forgotten

everyone that played the classic will compromise and get used to the new order of things

end of story.

you have a desktop or laptop? im having blue screens “Video scheduler internal error” while trying to play reforged on my laptop attached to an external monitor (no issues with other apps/games).

This is what they said about Dawn of War 3, it never happened.

4 Likes

Is not about art style. People are asking for Graphics Improviments! To looks the same product shown before! The awesome 2018 demo!

3 Likes

Are you capable of making posts about any other subject? Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

If it will receive some update or patch, i hope that can improve the Lighting,Shadows,UI and the Terrain!

3 Likes

This week will have some update?

2 Likes

This is actually completely untrue. I still have a working map i’ve used in private 10 years later. It is a very trigger-heavy map (RP Map)

It has only broken once, and i’m fairly certain it is because it got caught in a bad patch that corrupted maps. That has only occurred once.

Custom maps are not being killed every patch.

1 Like

Can anyone figure out why the game looks so downgraded and weird? The game was so beautiful and perfect in the 2018 demo

1 Like

Because those graphics were tailored to a vertical slice demo that ran on supercomputers.

As for right now, they’re barely able to get the game running on people’s machines with a competant framerate on high-end graphics cards. Hell, it barely even runs on AMD cards. That’s likely why the shadows and lighting has been downgraded so much in the beta.

2 Likes

The solution to this is easy, if the person’s computer can’t handle it, just go to your options and disable some options and you choose your settings to medium or low settings, problem fixed! So, please bring the modern realistic graphics from the demo! With the better lighting,shadows,terrain and UI! With this things from the demo this game will be awesome.

2 Likes

It will likely have better settings for campaign than what we have in the beta, which is tailored as a multiplayer beta.

We already see improved lighting and mapping from Blizzcon compared to just loading the original campaign maps in Reforged beta. But no, not 2018 levels of improvement, because the trees are deliberately changed out, the shadows are intentionally muted and the metals are intentionally duller. To be frank - Blizzard considers 2018 graphics as a mistake. If you want to see what Reforged will look like, look at all the promotional videos from 2019 Blizzcon. That is the intended final result.

And no, I’m not saying 2019 looks better. I’m saying we aren’t likely going to get 2018 graphics back because it was always a ‘work in progress’ version, even if you like it more that way.

3 Likes

Nice answer and request! Lets hope for they improve that things for the game and wait :smiley:

2 Likes

Everyone vote with your wallet, just refund the game we might as well play the old version they look pretty much the same

Same here. Laptop plugged into external monitor causes me to blue screen, half the times I try loading or change resolution. The exact monitor doesn’t matter as long as it’s an external monitor. I dont know if its the graphics driver or the sound driver. Perhaps its the keyboard I use while im setup at home. Its driving me crazy.

One word “Greed”