What actually happened?

And yet, despite that, Warcraft 3 original runs far better than Reforged ever could. Also, is it wrong now, that devs had fun making the game? Are you kidding me?

Also, what, do you think, are the remasters/remakes there for?! TO FIX THINGS LIKE THAT. If the code, or any other part of the game was subpar quality, then the remaster should have taken care of it. Move the game to a different engine if need be. Or at least fix the current programming. Instead they made the code even more lazy, as it was demonstrated somewhere in the forums.

1 Like

Then maybe they should have considered this before releasing. Maybe scale down the graphics of the models? I mean, they surely realize that getting the shadows and terrain right is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than having all those HD models, that can only be properly observed when zoomed in, anyways?

Time and $$$$$.

You may think they have unlimited but if that were true we wouldn’t have all these cuts.

From anecdotal sources, even the outsourcing was cut and unfinished, and only ~70% were completed. We only got unique models for the first two campaigns, with the rest reusing many assets including high elf swordsmen in Kul Tiras or Ogres using draenei buildings.

They ran out of time to focus on getting any one thing done correctly, and we can see a big focus for them was just getting the game playable and even then they failed at that big time. The graphics are a big concern, but the least of their problems. The game doesn’t even function properly and continues to have network issues.

Oh how do you know? I’d like to see how it wasnt run on a different client, os or anything. I’m not saying it was or wasnt but you seem to be pretty confident it wasnt. Let’s see the proof.

Edit: Your video doesnt prove it wasn’t.

What are you on about? The 2018 demo? Really? It doesn’t matter whether it ran on Windows 8 or Windows 10. I didn’t claim to know about that. But the game that was shown was a derivative of the game that we call Warcraft III. It was not Starcraft 2. If you’re uncertain, please review the details and consider that the map file from the 2018 demo stage is even included in the 2020 Reforged release client.

You could literally open it and see the trigger I was talking about and see how they patched the bug.

It is just odd to me how certain you are to be calling people liars, when they never said it was a fact in the first place.

Which got me thinking, how are you so positive it wasn’t on a different os, client or engine? Were you there? Did you play on that exact build, client and os?

His comment got you upset enough to call him a liar. What made you so positive? Where is your definitive proof that it wasn’t? Surely you have it?

Edit: not saying that to be a smarta*s. I’m actually curious, how do we actually know that we have the product we were shown? Cause mine looks different.