WCIII Reforged Graphics Mod: Quenching

Every previous English version was uploaded to GDrive the following day after the chinese release. Just wait.

We are fixing bugs and setup servers, its kind of in beta stage. I think this weekend will be good for all translation and setups, its a big patch, and there is a lot to do. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Take your time. Donā€™t rush it. :slight_smile:

itā€™s an impressive piece of work youā€™ve done with this mod! Donā€™t stress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for ur time. I guess Iā€™ll have to install windows again to test it

if reforged showed us anything, than rushing a product doesnt lead to anything. please take all the time you need, you are wonderful! Xie xie!

1 Like

Thanks guys, next patch will be better!

4 Likes

Nekki can u give me some instructions with parallels? I just got it installed now. Really want to use Wc3 reforged on Mac :slight_smile:

Updated 07.26.2020
Quenching Mod 1.1 installation on Mac
**(requires Parallels or any Windows VM). **
Windows users skip to step 5

1 - Open Parallels and go to ā€œControl Centerā€ and click on Settings (the gear icon). This opens Windows 10 Configuration

2 - Go to Options > Sharing > Share Folders. Change the setting to All Disk (by default, Parallels looks you to the Home Folder). With this setting enabled, you can browse the whole mac HDD from inside Parallels.

3 - Decompress Quenching into your Warcraft 3 Reforged installation, the one found in the Applications folder.

4 - Start Parallels/Windows 10. Open File Explorer and go to Network Locations > AllFiles on Mac (Z:). In there you can access the Application folder.

5 - Install Quenching by using the QuenchingModCN.exe. The tool is different this time. You need to go to every setting first, then go to Quenching (the big blue button at the center), and then install by clicking the setup/fix button. Good thing now we have a proper installation progress bar.

6 - Keep the Quenching folder, it is needed for future configuration if desire. Close Parallels and go back to Mac.

7 - In Mac, in case the Mod does not work for the first time, write this in the terminal: defaults write ā€œcom.blizzard.Warcraft IIIā€ ā€œAllow Local Filesā€ -int 1

Enjoy Warcraft 3 Reforged as really deserved.

3 Likes

Thank you! testing now

Just watched your video again on the new 1.1 version of the mod, of the battel part. I am impressed with the details on the light form the fire on the first creap camp! and the new trees is stunning! :ok_hand: :muscle:

3 Likes

1.1 is out now.

1 Like

DOWNLOADING!!!

(Iā€™ll update the Mac install guide once I achieve a proper installation)

EDIT: it is awesome!!
but beware, the setting app is little confusingā€¦
This time you configure the mod first then install it (setup/fix button)

2 Likes

Uninstall/remove any previous version. It is working excellent on my end (i am on a Mac)

3 Likes

Nekki is it still possible to configure the settings after the installation?

Thanks , its working ā€¦ but
completely destroyed the performanceā€¦ seems my Graphics card cannot handle all this beauty :slight_smile:
also the campaign is so hard somehowā€¦ its hard to keep your grunts alive :sweat_smile:

If there is any solution to enjoy this graphics in moderate way with keeping performance i will be thankfulā€¦ last version was working good with performance was 1.05

Have the same problem with performance,
is there any setting in game you could change? :slight_smile:

But wow! everything looks outstanding :muscle: :smiley:

1 Like

yea every thing is AWESOME

the performance make me sadā€¦
just i tried to enhance it little by the following BUT campaign performance is still suffering even after these changes:

Quench App:
Foliage >> OFF
Soft Edge >> OFF
Water >> Trans

in game:
Shadows >> Low
Particles >> Medium or Low
Spells >> Medium or Low

try these above settings and share feedback, may be they find a solutionā€¦

Also Cinematics are awesomeā€¦

2 Likes

wow I can feel the hype too bad I donā€™t have a PC to test this mod