WC 3 Reforged AMD performance

So I expected this problem to be solved on release. But sadly, it was not. Game is constantly freezing when i move camera via minimap or fast scrolling, it is impossible to play comfortably. Performance is same as in the beta without new drivers.
Hardware: ryzen 5 3600, rx 5700 xt, gpu driver - Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4.

13 Likes

I am having the exact same issues, and was hoping just as you were lol.
ryzen 7 2700x, vega 56, and updated drivers. I really hope hot fixes start rolling in over the next few days to fix this optimization.

3 Likes

its so sad, actually :c

thats what you get for getting an AMD. The industry is built on intel.

1 Like

A number of people I have seen in the chat have said they have had this issue. This wasnā€™t my most major issue, and so I did not experience it as badly as others, but it still needs to be fixed.

nobody anywhere can get into a game.

1 Like

cpu is not the case btw

unfortunately, its still year 2000-ish and no apps can run on more than one coreā€¦ Or we just have a really cheaped out ā€œremasterā€. Pick one :slight_smile:

im running R5 2600 with RTX2060s and im hitting almost the CPU util on one core almost to 100% while the others work on other stuff, maybe another remaster (a.k.a. not doing anything good for the game).

nothing can fix it except redoing it all again with support for multicore

1 Like

Same hardware. Nothing has changed from the beta. FPS is good but it stutters as hell whenever you navigate the minimap or scroll with mouse. Game with reforged graphics is unplayable.

3 Likes

Also getting stutter problems on a Ryzen 9 3900x. This is just unacceptable and Blizzard should be offering refunds to those of us on AMD CPUā€™s unless they can get this fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

Would be nice to get some ā€¦ support response. This problem is not even in known issues list anymore :confused:

2 Likes

Donā€™t have a stutter but I get a split second freeze when a building is being destroyed or placed.

Specs:
CPU: 3700X
GPU: RX5700
RAM: 32 gigs @ 3200mhz

2 Likes

no issues at all with my 2700x
didnt go with the AMD graphics card because those are still garbage

I am using a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X but with a GTX 760. Classic graphic is utterly perfectly smooth 60 FPS (which is what I locked it to as I only have a 60 Hz display), even if I rapidly pan camera around in a poorly made custom map like a madman.

AMD CPUs, specially Zen2, will run Warcraft III reforged perfectly, especially with classic graphics.

Any sort of stutter is due to something else with the system. A common factor appears to be AMD GPUs. This might be a driver optimization thing that AMD has to fix.

When I click the ā€˜downloadsā€™ folder when trying to make a custom game, thatā€™s when it spirals downhill. The game freezes without an error message permanently. Thatā€™s the biggest freeze issue Iā€™ve received.

+1 i get minifreezes from time to time (every few seconds) which make this game not enjoyable. otherwise i have constant 60fps and constant 16.6ms frametimes.

my system is a

ryzen 2600x
16gb ram (3200mhz cl14)
nvidia gtx 980ti

game is installed on one of the fastest ssds on this planet

samsung 960 evo nvme ssd !!

i moved it to my hdd and there the minifreeze is worse. canā€™T be a too slow disk though, must be a bug ingame as there are nearly no faster ssds than my samsung 960 evo :smiley:

2 Likes

hey i just noticed something. i switched to the classic graphics and it works without the stutteringā€¦ flawlesslyā€¦ so something about the reforged graphics is really messed up and buggy :frowning:

considering i had this since the first beta in early november 2019 i kinda fear the devs wonā€™t fix it ?!?

hope though they will fix this bug as its the only one i haveā€¦ the new reforged graphics are quite beaufitul, despite the massive downgrade compared to the blizzcon demo

4 Likes

Yes, when you switch to classic graphics the game is smooth.

This issue is severe and it had been discussed in this thread for more than two months but nothing has really changed.

2 Likes

Reached new heights, 10gb memory in use when playing on reforged with amd vgc

hey guys i might found the cause of the issue.

it seems to be a caching error / issue / misbehave.

try the following and report back plz if you can replicate.

host booty bay with reforged graphics enabled without an enemy (bc its a small map and easy to work with). you will insta win - just click continue.

without doing anything, scroll the map - the game should stutter. scroll the whole map once - like a scanner. this should build the asset cache of the game. for me the scrolling of the map is fluid after building the asset cache, without any fps drops.

does that work for you?

if so, select a builder, and build something. the game should stutter. try scrolling the map now. does it stutter again? try building the cache again. is it smooth afterwards?

somehow the cache is not getting built or getting flushed upon map load and needs to load assets on the fly, which causes the stutter. once the cache is built, it somehow gets flushed by loading a new building (by building something) and map assets need to be recached.

1 Like