Warcraft III: Reforged PTR Version 1.36 -- Updated May 3

Druid of the talon needs to be cut. It is cheap, build fast and control hero or unit for a very long time. It is so easy vs. Orc after enhanced Demon Hunter’s Immolation.
Need to reduce its control time or increase its build cost/time or increase its mana cost or increase experience after killed the unit.

Druid of the talon needs to be cut. It is cheap, build fast and control hero or unit for a very long time. It is so easy vs. Orc after enhanced Demon Hunter’s Immolation.
Need to reduce its control time or increase its build cost/time or increase its mana cost or increase experience after killed the unit.

Demon hunter is imbalance, especially Immolation. Get experience much more faster than other heroes.

4 Likes

Hello. Hiding default frames on 1.36 causes crashes. Link: [1.36.0.20144] Game crashes due to the BlzHideOriginFrames

11 Likes

would be nice if they also allow increasing maximum unit select in gameplay constants, and allow dynamic values in object editor like scaling on certain values so we don’t have to do trigger editor anymore, and also allow proper aoe visualizations like in league of legends

A new 1.36 PTR build was deployed a few hours ago. This update includes the following additions:

Balance

• Immolation mana drain per tick increased from 7 to 8.
  • Sentinel Research cost reduced from 100 to 50 lumber.
  • Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 18 on heroes (24 on regular units).
  • Sundering Blades bonus reduced from 15 to 10%.
  • Troll headhunter hit points reduced from 375 to 350.
  • Pulverized cost reduced from 225 to 200 lumber.
  • Cannibalization cost reduced from 75 to 50 gold.
  • Cannibalization research time reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.
  • Claws of attack +5 damaged reduced to +4.
  • Claws of attack +9 damaged reduced to +8.
  • Potion of Greater Mana reduced from 250 to 200.
  • Wand of Mana Steal reduced from 65 to 60.
  • Lighting Shield removed from the item table.

Ranked

• After the end of each season MMR will now hard reset previously MMR did not fully reset after each season.
  • The map pool has been standardized to have 10 maps featuring a collection of well-known classic and new community maps.
  • Map vetos have been increased to 5 for all modes.

Observer Mode

• Hotkey to swap to the Production panel is “Alt +P”, and to swap to the Unit panel is “Alt + U”.

Tournaments

• Reduced overall duration of Tournaments.
  • Updated Time Zones information in Tournaments FAQ.

Bugfixes

• Fixed issue where selecting Blademaster’s Mirror Image would break the Observer Mode UI.
  • Fixed issue where Grand Finalists (1st and 2nd) in a Tournament would not see their results at the end of the game.
  • Fixed issue where Ranked icons were missing from the Versus: Ranked Screen.
  • Fixed issue where your Highest Rank and Race stats were being pulled from recent Tournament history.
  • Fixed issue where Tournament Results screen would show MMR gains and losses for Tournament games.
  • Fixed issue where the winner of a Tournament would sometimes see 2nd place in their Tournament Results screen.
  • Fixed issue where sometimes you’d crash on log in.
  • Fixed issue where you would remain in a Tournaments Matchmaking queue if you entered matchmaking, but then didn’t find a match.
7 Likes

You do realize that the reason the map vetoes were limited was to prevent any situation in which the entire map pool is vetoed among all players right?

What is the system doing if this happens? Just not matching those players? Because the whole point of vetoing is you are guaranteed not to play the map you thumbs down.

2 Likes

Nice patch, awesome team. But to me troll headhunter hp nerf is too big in the superlate game. Probly their hp pool should be back to 475 when the berserker upgrade is applied.
P.s. I am an UD player.

Interesting balance changes. Here is some feedback.

• Immolation mana drain per second increased from 7 to 8.
    I don’t think this will solve the problem. NE will keep investing all their mana from DH and moon wells to creep him faster. To me, the issue is how fast DH is creeping with Level 1 and Level 2 immolation. I’d rather consider the opposite direction, something along these lines:
    (i) Decrease mana drain per second from 7 to 6.
    (ii) Decrease dmg per second from 14/24/36 to 12/20/30.
    The longer game goes, the more stronger immolation is, because armies get larger and it’s impossible to avoid direct confrontation with DH. Even with 8 mana cost DH will always have enough mana to cast immolation.

• Sentinel Research cost reduced from 100 to 50 lumber.
    When you go hunts, the main issue is lack of gold, not lumber. That’s why, to me,
    the change from 100/100 to 75/75 would be more welcomed.

• Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 18 on heroes (24 on regular units).
    Disagree. Arcane Tower is already powerful enough. Please buff HU in some other way.

• Troll headhunter hit points reduced from 375 to 350.
    This is a strong nerf. I’d rather see +5 gold increase in cost. Headhunters are fragile enough at any point of the game. Orc mirror can become one dimensional: only BM vs BM.

Disagree. The value of the item will drop a lot, especially in comparison to the circlet.

The remaining changes are great! Thank you for the patch.

4 Likes
  1. Very happy with LS item removal. Big thanks.
  2. Nerfing Claws+5 to +4 is bad idea, coz circlet is already better compared to Claws+5 in almost any situation. Nerfing Claws+9 is ok.
  3. I think HH is nerfed in wrong direction. Their DPS and Range are too high, but HP is not very high. But this nerf is better than nothing.
  4. Happy to see that immolation vs human is addressed but disagree with the method. It’s better to just decrease Immolation damage. Even if we ignore damage vs player units (peasants, ghouls, footmen) this damage is also allow to creep superfast. And increasing manacost almost doesn’t nerf that fast creeping.
  5. Feel free to overbuff humans, dont afraid to make such situation. We are the only race who didnt have their patch in reforged. And overbuffs could be easily fixed later.
8 Likes

What is the problem with that if there are more than 5 maps? In CSGO you can literally just only play Mirage for ranked if you wanted to and I honestly think it’s a much better and enjoyable system than having to play in maps you don’t enjoy.

Also regarding bugs:

There is a thread about a bug with the native BlzHideOriginFrames.

You can use it simply by making a map and in triggers you just place a custom script and in the text you enter “call BlzHideOriginFrames(true)”.

Normally that should just hide the UI, however, now it’s crashing, it might be for a variety of reasons but what I speculate is that it’s related to the observer mode changes.

There were new frames added that may be a culprit of it.

This is a high priority bug because a LOT of maps utilize this

1 Like

The map pool and veto system has always been set uip so that there is at least one map that isn’t vetoed by any player so there is at least one map the system can select from. This means any map you veto is 100% guaranteed not to be selected. I don’t know anything about CSGO but frankly there are too many maps and not enough players to have individual queueing for maps.

The whole point of the veto system is exactly this. Thumbs down a map, you don’t play it.

In 1v1, there might be 11 maps, and each player can veto 5, which means there is guaranteed to be 1 map not vetoed between the two players. For team games, you get fewer vetoes because each player gets vetoes and there still needs to be 1 map which doesn’t get vetoed by anyone.

I noticed before this PTR that certain queues have more vetoes now, which means it is possible for all maps to be vetoed. Which is why I asked, what happens in this case? If these players can still be matched, then someone is playing a map they specifically said they didn’t want.

1 Like
  • Add the ability in the editor to convert a map from starcraft 2 to warcraft 3

It is very important to add this option, besides, it will appeal to everyone, many mapmaster and will not be superfluous.Add this feature now, and I hope it will already appear in 1.36, it will be great, like when it was possible to play up to 24 players.

• Claws of attack +9 damaged reduced to +8.

I think you don’t realize what u have done here, claws already been nerf form 6 to 5.
So let me explain you, claws + 5 is lvl 2 item. but now claws+4 is weaker than a lvl 1 item.

Lvl1 item : Mantle of Intelligence +3 on intel hero = + 3 atk dmg, more mana, more mana regen
Lvl1 item : Slippers of Agility +3 on a demon hunter = + 3 atk dmg, armor buff, agility buff.
Ect…

Every " decent" player would put an item that fit with the hero. So don’t ridiculize yourself making a lvl 2 item weaker than a lvl 1 item, or rework all items in this case.

Thank you for the patch and your effort anyway.

5 Likes

Not necessary, this will make balance worse, claws +4 <<< circlet, check test circlet vs claws +5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6o5WUOGnVY

Fair change, because LS is working only vs humans.

Not sure. Their strong part is DPS or range, even FS wolves which combined with headhunters very well.

5 Likes

Stop listening to Back2Warcraft, are they are biased, cause of their fanbase that are anti-Happy and are hating on UD.
You should not balance the game based on player, aka Happy that is 10x better than the rest, and play 10x more than the rest.
Balance the game at high level, but when the level is EQUAL. Also balance the game by what options the race have, their potential and so on.

UD needs huge buffs. It’s about time you buff the DL, CL and DK. Rework DK ultimate, and buff Dark Pact.

BM and DH gets huge buffs to their 3rd ability, it’s about time UD gets one as well.
Rework Frost Wyrms, as well as buffs to the abominations.

Kodos needs a slight nerf. Scroll of Speeds need gold increased.

Human also needs some reworks. Gives MK higher mana regen or gives him some slight AS buff.

1 Like

Exactly. Both Neo and Remo are highly biased, because of their donations fans, that wants this game to have 2 races, aka Elf and Orcs, and they are hating on Happy by default.
They are doing what Moneys tells them to do.

They are also incredible bad at the game, and have ZERO knowledge of how to actually balance the game, and their suggestion totally break the balance.

1 Like

Arcane Tower buff is a bit too steep (a 50% increase in mana destroyed is too much).
Headhunter HP shouldnt be cut by 25 but Berserker HP could be nerfed by a small bit instead if you’re going down this path.
Claws need to stay at +5 damage.

2 Likes

Claws are too strong on the BM, it’s simple as that, it needs to be nerfed, or BM needs to be nerfed.
Also CHANGE the Crow form on Druid of the Talon back to doing Magic Damage, as they have no business doing Piercing, being super cheap and effective, and literally Destroy HIGH GOLD and 5 limit tier 3 Units - Destro in a nick of second.
Elf already have plenty of Anti-Air options.

HH are 2 food army. They ARE WAY TOO STRONG, the nerf is good, either that or Lower their DPS by a lot.

Also it’s about time to nerf Hex, as it’s too strong. Remove the slow on Heroes and/or reduce the duration.
The no XP while hexed is plain stupid too.

• Buff Paladin, give him more movement speed.
    Also would be cool if you use holy light on paladin him self that he get like a 25 bonus healing.

• Decrease cost and damage of rifles.

• Take away devine embrace and replace it with movement speed aura. not stackable ofcources.

• Let us change the size of the UI

1 Like