Warcraft III: Reforged PTR Version 1.36 -- Updated May 3

Not talking about particle density dude. The problem is incompetent new people at Activison breaking the binary KMTF chunk to only sometimes load on 3D assets. This is not a particle density chunk. This is an Animated Texture ID chunk. On last year’s water elemental the texture was a flipbook of animated water textures that also translated across a surface. Now that flipbooks of animated textures are broken, the water elemental has a single surface texture translating along its surface. You cannot take a screenshot of the difference easily because the problem is a failure to load an animated timeline.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t top priority since not ladder, but could you fix the chat bug in custom games lobbies. when you click on a team it takes your chat box out and you have to reclick it does this every time you click on a team as a host unhosting lobbys due to hitting A or not being able to communicate properly it isn’t fun.

1 Like

when will the LODs in HD models be expunged for good? since they serve literally no purpose and just bloat up the files, and by extension the game

wait what? I wasn’t expecting tournaments to come back.

Honestly though… I’d reeeeeeeeeealllly like to see ranked get truly fixed before restoring another thing that might not work right. Nothing personal, of course.

The observer interface is actually really cool… too bad it doesn’t give APM for CPU players lol

Observer mode does not have dynamic avatars for heroes and units, and you cannot use the left mouse button to follow a unit to observe

Don’t care, i’m watching the game, not the portraits. part of the point was to strip the UI of anything not supplying essential information, that’s why they minimized the UI down to simple boxes instead of using the normal game HUD.

I didn’t really find this to be an issue as I just controlled the camera as I saw fit, but I could see this being useful

Data names should be identified by icons, not text. Text is not friendly to people of different languages watching the streaming tournament

this “follow unit” camera movement is essential to esports broadcasting, we use it 90% of the time as it provides the smoothest camera movement in the game, way above scrolling or arrow keys.

2 Likes

if you host a map with more than 12 players in “custom games”, you cannot switch to observers. it does work in single player and LAN games though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hard work and keep the patches coming!

How does the replay system work? Is it similar to Riot’s Chronobreak where it recreates the game from the beginning using recorded actions? How heavily coupled is the replay module to the core game engine?

Can the devs revamp the entire replay system without touching the core game engine?

What are the odds that your team can change the replay engine to allow for NLE replay watching, searching and rewinding so that people don’t have to start over from the beginning to rewatch something?

Also, does the observer UI change affect the replay system?

Also, for the love of anything, ignore this guy. Listening to player feedback for game balance is almost always bad for game health. None of these people have objective opinions about the game. Most of these suggestions are absolutely horrendous.

I think the core attributes and certain other items are pretty universal in that they know what they are even if it isn’t in their language. In Japan for instance you will still find a lot of English text in games because certain gaming terms are well understood even when they don’t know the language- “game over” “push start” “player 1” etc. you can find all this stuff in Japanese games, especially in arcades. Similarly in RPGs and stuff I think the shorthand for common attributes (if not the full names) is commonly understood (e.g. Lv or LVL, STR DEX VIT etc)

Could u add a fix to the issue where u arent able to invite players to ur clan then their accounts get bugged so they can never join a clan ?

Hi Neo! I read your post in your voice as well lol

This is really good! An official tourney on Wc 3?? This might get my blood lust back again to dominate pubs around my level

Keep up the goodwork Blizz!

1 Like

Same question as above : do the Observer UI changes also affect Replays ?

I firstly thought it was for them, as Starcraft Remastered got a lot of these, as SC2 also do. Warcraft III replay UI is still the same as in Classic.

Any chance for Multiplayer Save/Load to come back? It’s been disabled for years now since Reforged…

2 Likes

Since tournaments are returning and I actually thought it was a specific decision to remove them due to low use, it may actually happen lol

Where is the balance change? The immo of DH of Night Elf is ridiculous, especially playing against Human

2 Likes

Thank god for disabling chat option

Blizzard is listening B2W, Scars, SaveOrcas, players etc. that’s a fact.
According to investigation, most accepted suggestions are from player Scars. so we decide to make suggestions too.

2 Likes