Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update – Ranked Play

What I see is more and more slides added to an already broken UI. Will it require twice as much as the normal game to run?
Any normal company would FIX what is broken BEFORE adding new material.
Everything you are proposing can run occupying 1/10 of the resources of what it is currently using.
Stop this bloatware development please.

7 Likes

Ugh. What about more skins and custom campaigns? :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m extremely happy to see this. It sounds really well designed and put together riding on the strengths from at least a couple other Blizzard games and I think it was absolutely the best choice to take that route and make some changes. I’m really excited to see this announcement and I’m a little more hopeful for the future of WC3. I am still really concerned about how long its taking to get this done though, especially when I consider how many other things have to be done and implemented after Ladder is released just to take this game out of the beta stage (there is no other way to put it… Sorry), however late is better than never.

Hopefully this rolls out sooner rather than later in the next couple months and hopefully the team keeps working on Clans, profiles, bugs, balance and all the other stuff missing or broken, and if you really wanna make me happy maybe some small modernization, quality of life, and more informative panel changes to the menus especially for custom games. Maybe one day I can even write a Forum post asking for new missions like SC2 and cool new world editor tools. That’s what I really wanted from this game, that and improved cut scenes but unless a miracle happens and Blizzard funds the game properly for once we’re stuck with the evil that is.

Keep up the hard work, keep improving your communications to be more frequent and consider being more active on social media, it’s been bugging me since announcement how lackluster the communications on and off of Social Media have been. Thanks for reading and good luck. Zug Zug

2 Likes

Good News!

Hit it right on the nose there.

2 Likes

Yeah, and when is this gonna be ready? In 5 months?

hahaha…

2 Likes

I’m glad this is finally coming, but jeeze louise, it sure took you long enough to implement something that should have been ready on day one.

All the hate and whining here will change nothing, so stop wasting your time and energy rather than being a baby crying for candies.

Very nice Blizzard. Good news :slight_smile:

See you in Grandmaster league for 1v1 and Master’s for 2v2 :slight_smile:

Save yourself the time of reading the full article. It only comes down to this:
They plan to release ranked months from now (when the game will be even more dead than it already is, if that’s even possible).
See you in a few months I guess? We’ll all just wait, no problem. Not a single soul will move on to better things, Blizzard, I promise!

2 Likes

No hate here. I’m happy one of the most important things is getting close to being ready. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s still been far too long of a time coming though.

@Blizzard

Don’t make the mistake to merge RT and AT players together.
No one rt player would like to play vs a AT and player base is big enough to separate these 2 mode…

2 Likes

You need tighter regions (as well as more regions for servers) to fix the ping issues, and let players chose what regions they can match with…

It cannot be considered “competitive” or ranked until regions are fairly matched on ping.

Also, 300 in GM is way too many…

2 Likes

For all of this being overdue (massively) I am pleased with this update. The screenshots look promising and it is well needed to have. It be better be late than be never. I really like some aspects of it, suchs as MMR being the guide of rank (in legacy, this was massively complex for non-hardcore players and even those dedicated mostly grasped the concept at which it worked, not not the mathematical details). I doubt no decay can be permanent but you can also not decay MMR itself; so I presume that with time they will introduce something like that.

Im curious how this works out with competitors such as W3C and NetEase. Although Bnet offers the most easy access, the other platforms still have considerable selling points: Netease has a zoomfunctionality and reconnect abilty. W3C offers really good ping and low search times. Currently Bnet is still plagued by high ping, mid game drops, longer queue times and joinbugs.

Anyhow, for all the bad that has been, this update is a postive one. Now lets hope they can keep word without introducing a host of new issues.

Finally! Great job Blizzard!

1 Like

Wow we are leaving alpha to beta testing 6 months after release? yay amazing …

4 Likes

Well well well… Looks like Blizzard was in a good mood today. I can’t wait for the ranking system! This is where the fun begins :d

Also I got an idea, perhaps add a “watch replay” function for public for players to watch? That way other people can watch other people as well! It’ll be funny seeing the stuff coming out of the chat as well lol. Also, make it toggle on, off or private for the player if they want their replays to be shared and casted. that way, it’ll throw off Mat pat’s ranks or something like that.

2 Likes

Please take your time with this. Maybe 1 or 2 years for this? I want w3c to have released hostbots by the time you’re done so you don’t stand in the way and bug their things :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if this feature is coming in the “next months”, I’m guessing Custom Campaigns won’t be a thing this year. Way to go Blizz.

6 Likes