Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update – Ranked Play

Please fix these 5 bugs? pretty please?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/1327-bug-reports-please-fix/24394

At this point I don’t really mind if you guys deliver ranked or whatever although that for sure is gonna bring some players back, but the bugs above are either detrimental for classic and or break my map in development, please fix them.

I like the art of the ranked stuff by the way.

1 Like

Finally this game is going to release coming month.

4 Likes

This is not the first time there will be Seasons in Warcraft 3 LOL.
There were Bnet Seasons for years. What the heck are you talking about?

Are there no more veterans in Blizzard to at least remember online wc3 play scene of the 2000s?

This is hilarious. What a marketing prank!

Anyway, thanks for still trying.

I guess we re lucky that the community is constantly pounding at Blizzard’s public image, otherwise they might have buried the game in the first 3 months of its masterful release. 40 bucks yo.

9 Likes

I have a feeling another developer from a different blizz project seen that sorry excuse of a patch, and snitched to a higher up. then someone quickly put together a ranked mock to show to us. Pad exposed you guys a long time ago. He had a ranked system set up for us so quickly, and he isnt paid. you guys are just showing some screenshots of one? This project lacks passion, or the understanding that a competitive game needs ranked modes, and stats to survive. You see sc2 with ranked mode but assume ranked isnt the top priority for wc3? lost hope in march.

5 Likes

Opened the link and read this near the beginning of the article:

“As we continue building this next generation of Ranked Play, we want to deliver an experience where the features and functionality build upon the original Warcraft III Ranked mode, while also considering the community-driven variants that have emerged in both legacy Warcraft III and Reforged.”

Are they pointing to W3Champions and other similar ranked ladders when they say “community-driven variants”?

2 Likes

Yes they have to replace w3champions cause normal blizz ladder will just suck if they don’t make it exactly like w3champions for the pros

1 Like

Good! Goooooooood! :fist: :fist_right: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

1 Like

Okay I’ve been incredibly patient and hopeful before I’ve actually commented on this whole fiasco that is Warcraft 3 reforged. The game was obviously so far from release it’s pathetic. We are constantly plagued with disconnects, lag, and other nuanced issues that should have been dealt with in the Beta.

You entirely butchered the map and model/skin making community with your new ToS and not following through on your promises to release the tools you used to make the reforged models (Even though you outsourced them anyway) and that was a huge spit in the face to the community you promised to work with and who has KEPT YOUR GAME ALIVE all this time.

Lastly when you did this one of the biggest features that many of the above enjoyed was removed from being easily accessible to the game. CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS. These have STILL not been re implemented like you originally said they would be (I believe 2 updates ago you said it was being worked on but NO news since on that?) not to mention the fact they were a core feature that should have been prepared LONG in advance (alpha or beta stages easily) and definitely should be here prior to the almost 6 MONTHS this game has been out

This entire update says ‘screw you’ to the community that kept your game alive while you were off doing other things without so much as even an update or a glimmer of hope for us.

So thanks Blizz, for ruining my favourite game, and even making the original nearly as unplayable as reforged. Hats off to you. Still I hold out hope that maybe one day you’ll fix all of this, but as the days go on I lose more and more hope.

14 Likes

Finally!
Glad you took the SC2 way, as someone who’s done the old leveling system with war3 im quite comfortable with SC2’s system, works quite well and I was going to make a video suggesting badges for War3 not sure if you wanted to have it back then.

Knowing what players are like such as Master league in the 5K’s GM in 5.8 and 6K+ MMR it really gives an idea of skill level equivalent when you make that system in war3… really great that you went this way.

All you had to do was announce that it would take you that long, then some energy n nerves would’ve been saved.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, I feel like there are a number of issues that are still in need of clarification with this update though.

Region & server selection locking: Can you please expand on any plans in this regard, the current matchmaking system has no region locking of any kind and it makes playing it a real gamble as your ping can vary from 200 to 600 depending on who you match and which server battle.net decides to give you.

Arranged Team & Random Team matchmaking: Will these two modes be separated out for the ladder or will they remain combined? The current matching system ignores how a team is formed and creates very unenjoyable lopsided games, I realize there’s a balance between reducing match find time and increasing game quality at play, so clarification on future plans would be nice.

And please do not forget about us Oceanic players, I realize at this point that getting our own servers is extremely unlikely, and you seem definitive about not allowing custom user hosting, but it would be nice if we were considered at all in whatever plans you have for the ladder as we will almost surely end up playing with the largest disadvantage. The worst case scenario would be if you did decide to implement some kind of region lock and lumped us in with whatever server the south east asian players get, which is usually 400-600 ping to us for some reason.

Hopefully someone reads this, thanks for your time.

3 Likes

Do you really think the ladder will be finished after these months? I’ve lost hope. Not just for that, also for better UI, no lagging Menue, Blizzcon Graphics etc…

3 Likes

Why is it so difficult for you, just to implement your PROMISED features. Like a MUCH better UI (Cause the “old” looking one is bad), shown at the Blizzcon, or Cutscenes, or better GRaphics…

2 Likes

So does this mean you’ve abandoned the ambition of adapting an Overwatch-lite ranked progression system? If so, great move!

But I’m still angry & dissatisfied. They’re taking far too long with far too little communications in between. It’s painfully clear how disingenuous Reforged is being handled.

Can we get some real support?

4 Likes

This communication was their monthly patch. No joke.

Actions speak louder than words. No-one believes you anymore.

13 Likes

Like many I was so hyped when I heard about Reforged.
And this update looks and sounds like what I would hope for / expect.

Sadly it is super duper late and Blizzard’s (and the community’s) unique and huge (but only) opportunity for a full revitalization of playerbase has been thrown away at release. Ranked play and leaderboards should’ve been there on release day (aside a working game in many ways). Then Blizzard would have impressed us. But the opportunity has slipped and this whole situation made tons of new and existing players move away from wc3.

I dreamed of a huge playerbase, perhaps even like in 2004/5.
And it just makes me so sad that this is not the reality at all. It could have been so wonderful.

6 Likes

Dead updates to a dead game, coming from a dead Blizzard.

With the Reforged crap, you killed an entire saga.

3 Likes

It’s still baffling why they didn’t just keep the old ladder in place for the meantime. Also they didn’t have to create an entirely new ladder system; they just needed to improve the old one. They could have made levels work like MMR and leagues and just started a new season once they did. And no, they aren’t really “bringing Ranked Seasons to Warcraft III for the first time”. Classic Warcraft 3 had ladder resets, “balance updates, fresh map rotations, and other adjustments” which is basically the same thing as having seasons.

and that’s the other thing. They’re basically implementing Starcraft 2’s system, so what’s taking so long? Oh and by the way Blizzard, maybe you should have consulted with the community more about ladder before Starcraftifying it. For example, maybe you use MMR but still call it “experience” and “levels” to maintain the atmosphere of Warcraft 3. So once you reach a certain amount of MMR (exp) you level up, but if you fall below that amount then you level down. Reach a certain level and you get promoted to the next league, but fall below that level and you get demoted to the previous league. You could even have 50 levels like with the old system: 7 levels per league, except maybe for Master which could also include level 50 players who aren’t in the top 300 (alternatively you only give level 50 to the top 300 players, and only while they are in the top 300).

Lastly, despite supposedly wanting to unify the player base (like when they shut down RoC ladder), they’re going to have 2 separate ladders? Ranked and Unranked? They say 1v1 games will have cross play, but this will effectively make 2 separate ladders for team games and possibly free for all, which could mean longer search times. And unranked will still have wins, losses and MMR to build up? Why even bother having an unranked ladder at all then, especially since 1v1 will still have cross play? Just keep the (shrinking) player base united and tally each player’s total wins and losses in their profile, even after ladder resets like with classic Warcraft 3. If you want to play a game without stakes, isn’t that what playing a melee custom game is for?

3 Likes

Will profiles have replays? Will they include custom games? =]

1 Like

While we’re aiming to release Ranked Play *
in the coming months

hahahahahaha when??? 12month?

5 Likes

Ouch, that’s gotta burn. SC2 is getting a new custom campaign mode.

1 Like