Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update – Ranked Play

Any particular reason why I no longer have access to Warcraft 3/frozen throne??

If you think i buying this trashfire you are mistaken.

1 Like

To play the Classic mode, you need to link your RoC CD key to your Battlenet account. That’s how Battlenet knows you’ve bought the game in the past.

Reinstalled the game twice now and the bug is still there, not as heavy as before, but basically the same.

This is absolutly laughable and frustrating.

Wow. I really can’t believe this isn’t here yet. Helped fair bit with few bugs on my purchased beta but haven’t ran release game once yet. An RTS without rank is like a pizza without cheese. 2021 will we have the completed product?

are we getting this basic feature yet?

Because they want that everyone use their new version where the get the data on how you play. If you want to have either 1.27b or 1.31.1 in english go this way: Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

Release Ranked in the … “Upcoming Months”?! Wow!

Imagine how they released reforged and how FAR behind they were, but somehow, they green lighted the release. THIS is sad Blizzard. And THIS is coming from someone who defended Reforged in the first few months thinking Ranked is…just around the corner and not…around the Christmas!

More than a year after, is this happening?

2 Likes

Can you fools please add a ladder. It’s been over a year. Come on.
Just give us back the old client please.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be so damn difficult really. How a top-tier dev company needs years for a ranked system?

2 Likes

But devs - not top tier company, just only 1-2 (or 0) people of top tier (in past) company.

The leadership has changed, maybe someday they will remember about the fans of Warcraft 3 and finally resources will be allocated to at least add normal optimization, post-processing, damn rating and damn custom campaigns to the game, after 1.5 years from the release, damn it.

2 Likes

idk, how a “top-tier” COMPANY could make a remaster literally worse than the original?

3 Likes

LGBT issue no patch no guild no ladder fallen

Jokes on you, it might never come.

1 Like

The funniest thing is that they could add Ranked, custom campaigns, profiles, fix a bunch of bugs, etc etc overnight by removing Reforged and letting people play RoC/TFT. How is that not hilarious, that by removing years of cube crawling…er I mean years of “work,” they can improve the game.

7 Likes

Because Activision forced them to work understuffed with an impossible release date so they just brought the game out as vapoware then got disolved.

i struggle to think in a worst remaster than W3R, maybe there’s some out there but…omg a remaster that literally makes you unable to play the original as it used to be without using mods or piracy is…hard to top ngl…

Fix the depth buffer since out of principle it flickers on and off during the cutscenes which is linked to the games inbuilt shadows. That will make my open source mod increase the games value.

I also added FSR support for Warcraft III reforged thanks to a recent tools update. The developer I have informed needs to remove the dumb sharpener from the pipeline. Its frankly stupid. Hopefully he comes through.

Replace the FXAA in the games menu with predication SMAA. Seriously, anything that leads to fuzzy nonsense needs to be exterminated with extreme prejudice. Dumb AA, dumb sharpeners, dumb upscalers. All of it resolves in mathematically inferior complexities which is why it sort of all runs together like water droplets merging in proximity. If you stack modern tech that can resolve with greater complexity, its going to preserve the detail in a way that was not historically possible at the same kinds of resolution. Its also computationally efficient compared to older methods like quincunx, which is image quality wise a hair inferior to FXAA even if its fast. The damage FXAA does to texture quality even at 4k is noticeable even supersampled to a 1080 screen which is disastrous.

The order of pass matters a lot if you care about quality and efficiency:
Predication SMAA, FSR (Sharpener turned off), TAA, 32bit precision open source FidelityFX.

Just bake it into the game. Mcflys code is open source, so its free game. Same with my work. Might as well use it, its objectively curbstomping HBAO+. Also as developers you can control the order of pass when raytracing occurs in front of the game effects. You can also with a bit of clever tricks can make it rather easily beyond screenspace only in limitation for cleaner edge resolve, not that its going to matter much being top down mostly.

I went out of my way to provide a variety of options so raytracing should run on a toaster, especially with really cleanly delivered FSR. The code is out there waiting for you guys to bootstrap the value of the product. Gigapixel upscaling the textures would also be really rad, as a separate HD texture pack download. The lines on the characters armor zig zags in a way that the a.i. could resolve more like it should before the compression crunch and target resolution.

I just never understood how such easy upgrades that are without dispute improvements that are free are going to never see multi million dollar projects in a meaningful number. Especially active reasonably recent releases like this one. I think its because the fast life strategist mentality is more common in positions of obsession for the practical than some art very bluntly deserves.

Its kind of like CAPCOM. No dinosaur game for such a long time. Its like throwing money in the trash.

1 Like

Stop asking for this. They need to fix all the join and drop bugs before a ranking system would mean anything.

High prioroity? So high over a year later we still have jack squat. I guess getting in young chicks pants is a higher priority.

3 Likes