Warcraft III: Reforged Basic Survey

Thank you for the feedback!

The user Adûnâi was kind enough to post the link to the survey on the WC3 Reddit, but unfortunately received some harsh response and fell to deaf ears…

I will soon add the Cinematic question.

1 Like

Currently the options for gender diversity are:

A: I like it no matter how it works.
B: I like it no matter how it works as long as the skins are “Lore friendly”
C: No, i hate woman. MAKE IT A TOGGLE!

You make it sound as if wanting a toggle option means you don’t want woman… Seriously? What if you are like me and you actually want to play with the female skins only? I guess i don’t get to have an opinion on the subject because i won’t vote yes to random skins and i won’t vote no to woman… :anguished:

Also you didn’t include any options for people who don’t want woman in the game at all. You can’t ignore the existence of opinions in a community poll just because you don’t like them.

Add 2 new options:

D: I want a toggle option because inconsistency triggers me and/OR because i want to play with the female characters only.
E: NOO WOMANZ ARE WEAKZ I IZ BIG MAN! ME STRONG! NO WOMAN IN MY GAME!!!

5 Likes

Being able to play as an all female army would be neat, like a multiverse thing

2 Likes

Huh? I actually did not watch the fate of the survey I posted. I usually do not monitor responses I get. In fact, this forum is the first time in years I engage in proper conversations - because they matter (hopefully).

That survey did not draw harsh criticism from what I can see now, it just randomly did not even get 10 upvotes. The reason escapes my understanding, Reddit is weird.

As far as I can see, the survey is almost perfect. I would prefer some questions to be more clear, true, but there’s nothing that would set Blizzard on the wrong track.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/9w7e6a/warcraft_iii_reforged_basic_survey/

Yes, this is the perfect case of an unclear question. Still, woman-haters and those who’d like a toggle mostly conflate, so it’s not a stretch necessarily.

1 Like

This survey is a WONDERFUL way of helping to organize the community’s thoughts and I sincerely hope Reforged devs are looking at this. On top of that we need to do everything we can to boost this survey so as many people on the forum as possible can see it and hopefully use it.

The more people who vote on it, the better we can get a better understanding of what the majority of he community actually wants.

2 Likes

A few specific nitpicks.

1. The gender diversity question - yellow is for the purists, red is for “maybe”. It should be the other way round.

2. The inclusion of additional races (factions) - no is yellow, maybe is red. Should be the other way round.

3. The 12 unit selection limit - no is yellow, red is increased. Should be the other way round.

Why on earth does the color choice matter…?

3 Likes

Consistency. Because all the other questions follow it.

Ah, I forgot, pattern recognition is a mark of intelligence, I must have offended some folks. Sorry.

Pattern recognition is a basic trait of the human brain, it’s also so strong that people will also see patterns that aren’t actually there.

So if the survey author suddenly deviated, from the “pattern” then they likely weren’t actually trying to make the pattern in the first place, so it’s just coincidental.

Good job. You’ve managed to bring up something that has virtually nothing to do with the topic at hand, based on something you only imagined and make yourself look like a dunce at the same time with your thinly veiled insult.

Truly an accomplishment.

3 Likes

This was great, thank you for this.

1 Like

I did fill out the survey and I want to say one thing about my response given on purchaseable cosmetic skins.

I do encourage purchaseable content for one reason, and one reason only. I want this game to stay alive and be continuously supported.

HOWEVER

I want to mention. that having skins in game that other people can see while playing ladder will cause some issues. People need to be able to recognize what a unit is very easily. So as long as it’s easily recognize-able, it’s fine.

I’m not a fan of microtransaction’s, but if this is the necessary evil to keep the game alive. BY ALL MEANS, do it. Just… be careful, please

3 Likes

thank you for this :smiley: this is a really nice thing that i think the website should have <3 im super excited for this game, i just really hope it gets the remastered cinematics as well since it would make the game fully reforged :smiley:

1 Like

By all means woman can be in the game. But i prefer having a toggle. Why not? I just like to perceive the game as it has always been. Even with the upgraded graphics. New races are welcome and having female units is also fine. But when i see grunts, i think of male grunts. When i see sorceress i think of them as a female. I don’t want male sorceress or female grunts.

I don’t see anything wrong with a toggle

1 Like

one thing i think they should include is the original DOTA code / mode as the whole moba genre spawned from warcraft 3 mod that way they wont have to recreate it as im sure someone will want it even tho we have HoTs and Dota 2

1 Like

Every custom game should be automatically translate-able to reforged, they have already stated this.

There won’t be swap genders for units for what we know until today.

We are talking about heroes

3 Likes

Can someone pass this survey along to Grubby, so he can ask his 6K+ audience to fill this survey. I tried mentioning to him during his stream but couldn’t get his attention.

4 Likes

That’d just add more bias - not that online surveys are really worth anything. There’s no way to tell if someone’s put the effort in to rig this survey already.

Well, certainly are worthier than them reading your posts or mine for that matter.

1 Like

Disagree heavily, He has a large follower base because he is extremely good at the game and the more people that know you the more media sways people to know you. Yes he does has the same opinion as many other people. but So do you and I.

I’ve played the game since it was released, I would very much so like to have my voice heard instead of “only” his. He has some fair points, but I personally like the graphics upgrade in the game and considering the new graphics are a toggle I can’t think of a reason to stop making them. So in “my” opinion, “his” opinion on graphical upgrades is incorrect.

now if he just came over and filled out the survey on his own terms without his huge follower base knowing about it. Go ahead, but viewers to their streamers can be sheep a lot of the time.

3 Likes