Warcraft III: Reforged Basic Survey

Hi everyone!
As many of you are, I am excited about the announcement of Warcraft III: Reforged, and wanted to know how people felt about many of the informations disclosed in the past few days.

By reading on the Official Forum I realized that is quite difficult to tell how many players support a certain current of thought, and what the “Silent majority” thinks.
For this purpose I made a survey, with questions about some of the most discussed topics regarding the game.
As I was not a Ladder player, nor a Map maker, I avoided questions on matters I know little about.

I hope many will fill in, and hope that this will bring more clarity on what this community thinks!
Please let me know how the survey can be improved, and thank you for your time!

xhttps://goo.gl/forms/NhbcKBSDfzCOMwy23
(Remove the “x” before the URL)

EDIT: To those who already answered the Survey, I added an additional question about micro-transactions, feel free to modify your answers to also include that one!

EDIT2: Also added the question about the remake of Cinematics

49 Likes

Nice idea! I think that this could help a little to arrange the fanbase’s thoughs

4 Likes

Thank you for this. This is excellent and interesting! It’ll be fun watch how the answer evolve with more answering the survey. ^^

2 Likes

This is a really good poll. The one question I had an issue with was the artstyle question. You gave ‘catoonish’ and ‘realistic’ as the only options. I think there’s room for an in-between option. I chose ‘realistic’ because I think that’s what people think the reforged graphics look like, but to me they aren’t that realistic. ‘stylized’ is also better terminology than ‘cartoonish’.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!
I’ll edit immediately, so that you can update the answer.

Why fill it out? We need an official Blizzard one.

1 Like

Maybe, post it on Reddit and Discord, too?

But the gender question is worded inconsistently. You’ve equated the toggle off option with a “no”. That doesn’t make sense. Especially considering the next question where you include the same answer.

The issue I see is that they might not even give us an option to select genders as skins, and you have completely missed the distinction.

2 Likes

I think it’s better than nothing, and while it may not reach the developers, it can give the players a clearer idea on what are the others’ thoughts.

Furthermore, if I am not mistaken we are not guaranteed to receive an Official Poll.

2 Likes

Isn’t the general discussion forum like a “poll” I would suggest people to post their thoughts and feedback on here instead as it WILL reach Blizzard instead.

1 Like

Just a Question: when are we getting the results for it?

xhttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0ul5uDgAxdRbqGSMvoRhS-5ceKVWqXhSxv2A5wSN6ZM-GPQ/viewanalytics?usp=send_form&usp=form_confirm

1 Like

Ah, Maybe i oversaw that, thanks ! :smile:

Filled in my part! I hope that it gets noticed!

Discussions just have the problem that both sides usually don’t get heard. Instead it’s just arguing to one way or another, and you don’t get any idea on how many actually agree and disagree with a opinion. Thus usually the loudest one gets and gives the impression of being majority, when in reality he just might be loud minority.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately I have created my Reddit account a few days ago, and I can’t make a new post yet. For Discord I have yet to make an account.

As for your feedback, I intended the “I would like to toggle it off” as “I require the option to toggle it off”, because a hard “No” means you don’t want the feature to be implemented at all.
If you think the wording is ambiguous, I’ll try to make it clearer.

Really well constructed survey. I too am excited to see end results :slight_smile:

1 Like

As much as I hate lootboxes and the like, if its not done in an annoying way, I wouldnt mind having skins for my units and heroes.

@ CriSword
Thanks a lot for this poll, I just filled in all my answers. But I am actually missing a very important question, asked about the new hero skins.

The Question should probably sound somewhat like this:
How should skins be obtained?

1. by micro transaction with real money (Blizzard-Shop or in game)
  2. by micro transaction with in game currency
  3. obtained by ladder wins (race specific), tournament wins, campaign progress or achievements, etc.

For me only answer 3 would be acceptable, I really don’t want such an awesome game as Warcraft III to become a second HOTS or DOAT2, but I guess it won’t just go my way.

Anyways, again, thanks a lot for the work and effort for the game and the community.

Cheers Yiria

2 Likes

But why? If there are skins, why would you care about the way they are obtained? And if Blizzard are getting more money out of WC3:R, they will be incentivised to pour more resources into it.

3 Likes

Nice survey. If we get at least 1000 people to fill it, it may actually give a pretty accurate picture on what the community wants out of this game.

Interesting result on the 12 unit selection limit question. There seems to be a close tie between all 3 answers (at the moment of writing this).

2 Likes