There was an error in handling the request

Same here. Submit a ticket!

Same problem here. I’ve played game yesterday evening.

2 Likes

Same situation here, OG WC3 purchaser, ROC and TFT. Still using cd keys, worked perfectly until 2 days ago, now cannot log on at all. I’m also getting a message on the ticket page that reads “Cannot submit a ticket right now, please try again later”. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

It seemed like there have been less players the last few days… the issue hadn’t arrived until tonight for me and I’m also a classic ROC/TFT player. When submitting a ticket I got that too, but then I tried again with 4 files TOTAL and it worked. (error image, DxDiag, tracert, MSinfo)

1 Like

Oh is everybody here a non reforged player? So they dont give us the download button on the launcher, they hide it in the website, and now theyre stooping to force people to buy a 40 dollar reskin to play a game they already own? the reforged launch was an absolute joke, not buying it.

2 Likes

Happening here too. Played yesterday, all good. Today can’t connect on two different macs with two different bnet accounts (both classic).

1 Like

Similar issue here. “THERE WAS AN ERROR IN HANDLING THE REQUEST”

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem, non reforged player. Still no updates about this being fixed?

fix it asap

2 Likes

Hey all I am in the same boat. Tried to reinstall, but the launcher showed no indication of having the classic game avaliable. I wound up having to go to my battlenet accounts page. Clicking the gams and subscriptions link on the sidebar, then scrolling down to the classic games section and clicking the download link beside my old listed CD key that I have associated with this bnet account.
I downloaded this Warcraft-III-setup.exe file. Having run that allowed the launcher to help me install once more. However, even after a clean reinstall, I’m still getting the same error message saying: " There was an error in handling the request"

I was thinking about buying reforged so I didn’t have to wait for this to get sorted out. But I’d rather not be part of a metric that says to somebody that messing with classic players’ accounts = more money. So I’ll submit a customer support ticket in solidarity with you all.

Hold strong. Nobody buy. We can wait this out.

7 Likes

Was playing the game fine yesterday - today getting this error - already put a ticket in.

Someone must have broken something on Blizzard’s side since many of us are experiencing the same issue.

Please fix!

Why do this to us!!! BNET WHY!!

shame on anyone who gave them money for this. the only thing that would make it up to me at this point would be a reconnect feature, that might be the only thing that would keep me riding this dead, dead horse

3 Likes

i tried switching to classic mode, nothing happen. Other than t he registration code or whatever behind the scenes, there shouldn’t be any difference other than the inability to activate Reforged mode…

Same problem here, can’t play the game I’ve played by yesterday. It says “There was an error in handling the request”, I tried to redeem the codes that I already own and It doesn’t work at all.

2 Likes

Same problem here, was playng flawlessly yesterday now this.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

logout of battle.net, then click cog wheel and do continue without logging in. then install war3 and after installing war3, login to battlenet again. credits to some other dude in the forum i forget

i did this exact thing just now in the same situation but it doesn’t help the error handle request. guess its the dns thing

2 Likes

The least they could do is change the error message that gets called when the authenticate function fails man. This would save a lot of time for peeps that are trying all the solutions found on the internet to get a fix.

3 Likes

still no Blue replying on this thread? come on Blizzard

7 Likes