There was an error in handling the request

When I start up WC3 it says “there was an error in handling your request” I already tried updating the game and repairing the game.

34 Likes

I’m having the same issue.

6 Likes

ever since the last update i havent been able to play with the same issue. i tried resetting my network b ut it didnt help

6 Likes

That’s pretty bad. The last update was almost 8 months ago so that might be an issue of a different cause. I just started having this issue today.

6 Likes

where is the support at? Just played for weeks and now error handling request on game launch??? wtf

9 Likes

Same issue here, and I played it this morning, so something changed in the last few hours.

12 Likes

Having the same issue as well, played yesterday and was fine. Tried all the troubleshoots they have too and nothing worked

7 Likes

Looks like the DNS servers are down.
bnetdocs(dot)org/servers
You can play if you’re already in the game but you can’t authenticate.

5 Likes

r we going to be able to play the game anytime soon. there was a maintain on it this mornig at 12 am and now i cant enjoy my time off from work.

5 Likes

Having the same issue. Why does blizzard keep ruining everything?

8 Likes

I uninstalled to try and fix it and now i cant reinstall… just says to buy reforged

6 Likes

Same issue with me.

4 Likes

Same issue here. Worked as of 11/29/2021. Tried scan/repair, no fix. Tried uninstall/reinstall, no fix. Never bought reforged, have registered my old CD keys.

10 Likes

Same issue as well, no problem with playing Reforged with a Classic Wc3 Key until today. Tried Scan Repair, CPU restart, reclaiming CD Key, Uninstalling & reinstalling via WC3 Classic downloader. All nothing. Impressively annoying

10 Likes

To reinstall the game client you need to visit blizzards web site on the browser and search for for installing game client from your cd key or something like that. I tried reinstalling but it doesnt do anything

5 Likes

Same issues here. Reinstalled and everything.

6 Likes

Same here, can’t log in. I have classic WC3.

As a friendly reminder this company destroyed my 5000 win classic profile when they made Reforged & reset me to 0. This is why I won’t give them another penny.

11 Likes

Looks like it’s Blizzard’s way of forcing upgrade to reforged. Only appears to be effecting Classic players?

13 Likes

Same, I am a classic player, getting the error message, was able to play on 12.1.21 but not today (12.2.21)

8 Likes

What a stupid way to install it.

Thank you for the help though!

2 Likes