There was an error in handling the request

Same problem here, can’t play the game I’ve played by yesterday. It says “There was an error in handling the request”, I tried to redeem the codes that I already own and It doesn’t work at all.

2 Likes

Same problem here, was playng flawlessly yesterday now this.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

logout of battle.net, then click cog wheel and do continue without logging in. then install war3 and after installing war3, login to battlenet again. credits to some other dude in the forum i forget

i did this exact thing just now in the same situation but it doesn’t help the error handle request. guess its the dns thing

2 Likes

The least they could do is change the error message that gets called when the authenticate function fails man. This would save a lot of time for peeps that are trying all the solutions found on the internet to get a fix.

3 Likes

still no Blue replying on this thread? come on Blizzard

7 Likes

similar I can’t connect with my classic account but with my brother’s reforged account there is no problem …

4 Likes

Got the same error here. Lucky I read the reports before doing anything. Been a classic player for 15 years and I refuse to rebuy the game for a second time. Disgusting blizz doing this to veterans of the game. Hold the line boys, we on strike and holding this line till it gets sorted out.

6 Likes

NICE WORK AGAIN BLIZZTARD. MAKE US PAY 30€ for a corpse U DEFILED??

8 Likes

I am also having the same issue.

2 Likes

Same issue here, and I was playing without any issues last night.
Found some older posts regarding this issue, which mentions you have to redeem your old CD key if you haven’t upgraded to Reforged.
I already did that years ago, but I gave it a try anyway. As expected, I was told that I have already redeemed that key, so it is not because that registration got lost somehow.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I hope they fix it soon…

2 Likes

I was just playing Legion TD yesterday 12/2/2021 and Blizzard said that they would be down for maintenance and now I’m also getting that same error code when I try to launch through the Bnet launcher. First I reset my Router - that did nothing. I reset my computer that did nothing. I tried to repair the game/check the files that did nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Bnet launcher on two separate desktops that did nothing. I researched this and tried to put in my old CD keys from ROC and TFT where it asks you to redeem them on your Bnet account that did nothing, other than tell me that I had already used that code before because Duh it’s currently registered to my current account.

WOW works just fine.

Diablo works just fine.

I think that this is a money grab to make Classic players buy the Reforged version, because I remember a few years ago when the old launcher stopped working and you had to do a work around every time to make it load - now it simply will not go passed the screen saying: “There was an error in handling the request.”

Considering it worked less than 24 hours ago, tells me that the problem is on Blizzard’s side of things. I submitted a ticket.

But Blizzard doesn’t appear to care about our time. Having to install 30 Gigs twice sucked TBH.

Edit: I forgot, I also tried running the game as an Admin, but that did nothing. Now I have two tickets submitted for the same issue!

5 Likes

Classic player.
Same issue.

3 Likes

same issue here

If you un-install your classic game and want to re-install it and have the C/D keys saved to your Bnet account: this is what you need to do.

1. Open your Bnet Launcher
  2. On right hand corner, click your profile picture, select “view account” this should open a browser window.
  3. Click on “game subscriptions” on the left hand side.
  4. Scroll down to TFT (The Frozen Throne) or ROC (Reign of Chaos)
  5. Download game client.

Mind you this isn’t a fix to the “There was an error in handling the request” problem, I’m just trying to help people who commented about having the problem that they can only see “purchase reforged” as their only option.

4 Likes

People working in bnet should wake up and fix that.
The old classic warcraft has never been as problematic as it is now. The more they come up with improvements, the more it goes wrong.
The game is old just let it be and be soft on that game

1 Like

Seriously, my weekend was supposed to start with some relaxing wc3. Come on…

1 Like

You can play offline if you disable your internet before you launch the game.

1 Like

agree 100%, decided immediately to uninstall w3 for good since the game is significantly worse off than it was 3 yrs ago and still surprises me with how much worse it can get. This fiasco was jus t the last thing for me. I was already fed up. To be clear, I am not certain that I ‘blame’ blizzard for many of the issues, as they now have no real control over their budget/ work allocation to projects, and no team dedicated to W3 since its relaunch (correct me if im wrong, perhaps they have appointed new devs), but they are the managers of the game so they are the ones who will take the flack for it. I will never again spend a penny on Activision or Blizz products thanks to this dogwater game and worsening corporate practices (Blizzard is something like the Nikado Avocado of gaming companies).

But more importantly, this is sketchy as hell. remember a week ago when Bnet was getting DDOS’ed, and it literally said on the client in red that “bnet is under DDOS attack,” no such transparency this time, if anything, customer support is blowing us off. and it was fixed in a very short time, here I have been waiting 17 hours for a glimpse, but nothing, no blue post on this thread yet, no info/updates from customer support or anything. oh and did I mention, every player with classic edition can not get into the game, but every account with reforged can. If you have evidence to the contrary I would love to see it, but I will be deleting my account and assuming this is another moneygrab by a company I was once a lifelong fan and admirer of.

7 Likes