The real reason why people on these forums can't stop complaining

Well… Time will tell.
There is and always will be thing called hope.

Hope they can realize they screwed up and they have space to fix it…
They do have a plan B so… It is up to them whether they wanna take advantage of it or not.

Well… that can be considered beginning of downfall, but nothing is actually worse than S8… I was furius with myself for watching the show for 10 years.

Well, I’m glad in 40 replies no one reasonably disagreed with my post. I guess we are all on the same page in here.

War of the Roses with Dragons and snow zombies, is not agreat story. I would rather have a show about the actual War of the Roses.

Perfect reply! I wish there were more fans like yourself in these forums, nothing more to add to this.

Besides Ive always said that the number of people from WoW community who would ever want to give Warcraft in RTS form a chance are very small group of people. Heck there are STILL lot of players out there who have no idea that Warcraft started of as RTS franchise in first place and think WoW is all there is to it.

These people dont care about Warcraft III and like said those who might care are in clear minority. WoW as MMO and Warcraft III as RTS(or RTS-RPG hybrid) have two very different audiences…and even from those who like both many agree that they should have two seperate story/timelines so each can play to its own genre strenghts and please its own audience.

1 Like

Ofc lorewise its sequel to Warcraft III, atleast for now, there is no denying it. The real question however is that if there is ever going to be Warcraft IV, SHOULD it be, or should Blizzard make the bold move and just let Warcraft IV pick up where TFT ended and create alternative time/storyline that would NOT have to deal with the restrictions in storytelling that WoW had.

You and I and everyone here know damn well that had Warcraft continued as RTS franchise that the storytelling would have very likely been quite different than what we have seen in WoW for past 15 years. And that simply comes from the design of MMO vs to basicly any other genre. The design of MMO and what is required from it and what its limitations are ultimately set the path to storytelling and thats something that Warcraft IV could have handled entirely differently because RTS game or any singleplayer game for that matter would not have the same kind of restrictions or requirements in place that WoW always had.

Now I know its very unlikely that Blizzard would start scrapping all the lore they have written for WoW if there ever would be Warcraft IV…but considering how very different audiences these two genres, MMO and RTS game have and considering how many WC IV players would not have played WoW and everyone of its damned expansions over all these years, I think it would be quite fair to atleast recap all of WoW’s story in WC IV’s first campaings and then built more story from there. Ive always said that would be best compromise for eveyrone involved storywise, that Warcraft IV would use WoW’s events as base for its initial campaigns atleast, cause I honestly dont see the way they could first of all pick up Warcraft IV where WoW would eventually end, let alone how much that would be pissing in the eyes of Warcraft RTS fans who have been waiting continuation for Warcraft as RTS series all these years…I could hardly imagine bigger “screw you” from Blizzard than if they would just say “go and play WoW and all its expansions if you want to make any sense of Warcraft IV’s story”.

Imho it cant and would not work that way. Like said most people here who care about Warcraft III or would care about Warcraft IV would rather see WoW’s storyline and events thrown into trashbin, but if that is not possible, then retelling WoW’s events from RTS perspective could work as compromise.

Either way I think its from these reasons alone that we will never see another new Warcraft RTS game, even if WoW one day comes to its end. Blizzard would know darn well that they would have written themselves in corner because of WoW and with Warcraft IV they would likely piss off large group of fans one way or the other.

Anyhow with nearly all the key people behind Warcraft III gone (Rob Pardo, Chris Metzen, Frank Pearce, Mike Morhaime) from Blizzard, i honestly dont know if I even would want Warcraft IV from Blizzard at its current state…from the “old gang” only the lead art designer, Sam “Samwise” Didier is still in the house, all the other key figures have retired/move on.

And why should he? thats his opinion that quite many of us here actually agree on. It might be continuation of WC3 lore, but WoW’s lore and storytelling is still trash in comparison…and its much “thanks” to the MMO design/concept that requires certain things from storytelling and also LIMITS the storytelling quite a lot in certain aspects. What can/cant be told in MMO game is something that has always bugged me and so many others, starting from the fact that so many characters (villains) had to be killed as raid bosses because the storytelling in MMO format required it. I admit, Blizzard has tried ways to improve that by making “phasing system” in Wrath of the Lich King, had the entire world/zones changed in Cataclysm and so on, but you know exactly well that storytelling in MMO game is something that cant be told in same way as it could be told in singleplayer game.

Exactly…I mean this may not be the best example considering how it turned out to be, but Terminator: Dark Fate scrapped the storylines of all previous movies after T2…and I can tell some examples of certain shows (anime or otherwise) that have been getting rebooted from certain point after how badly certain season turned out to be and the original creator demanded the story of that particular season to be ignored/rewritten.

Btw as far as Game of Thrones goes, GRR Martin already said that his books will end quite differently apparently, ofc GoT already made quite a lot of its own adjustments/characters that didnt even exist in the books, so ye, everything is possible…especially when you consider the fact that events of Warlords of Draenor and Legion (in my understranding from what little I know about WoW’s recent lore) started from alternated timeline, correct?

So like said Blizzard has played with the timeline of Warcraft before, I see no reason why they could not do it again to rewrite the storyline/lore. Might sound cheap way of doing it that certainly would leave many WoW players pissed, but like I said in other messages, no matter what they would decide to do with WC IV, it would piss off certain group of fans one way or another.

1 Like

Never played WoW but I kinda liked it until Mists of Pandaria, hated Warlords, hated Legion, and BFA is a cesspool

That said, all Blizzard had to do to appease the WoW fanboys was just to promise them an update of a second “Reforged” campaign for them to play without having to compromise the original campaign (Though I wish they also fix the inconsistencies in the Classic campaign).

Which they can’t even do. I think the main problem was the dead silence.

1 Like

Lack of communication and the turnaround time between announcement and release.

Huh, you mean like this?

:clown_face:

Good thing for you that you live in the west. You would not survive in a 250$ minimum wage country.

2 Likes

This is incorrect.
In two separate parts.
1st: most people? No way.
Some sure but, most?

2nd:The only people creating illusions of any sort were at the pannels for wc3 reforged at blizzcon…

You are wrong here as well, mostly for ignoring the fact that the PvP system for wow is actually fairly complex and requires an incredible amount of time and even strategy.
Particularly in the case of battlegrounds where cooperation and strategy are key to succeeding against a literal army of players trying to do the same thing.

You completely ignored the campaign, (which I kinda hope gets a higher difficulty level) shame on you.

Right because the Arenas, mythic dungeons, battlegrounds and economy definitely are not competitive in the slightest…

So, you are saying that a MMO player can’t enjoy a good RTS?
Absolute nonsense! that’s like saying a FPS player can’t enjoy arcade style fighting games…

What bloody content do you think they’ll add eh?
From what you’ve described of wow, the only possible catering to be done here is to add an endless spew of pointless busywork while we read an absolute deluge of pointless crap.

2 Likes

There would BE no “WoW trash lore” without WC3, so… you’re basically saying WC3 is trash too?

In BFA they made it clear this is the forth war. You even get the title “veteran of the forth war”. So yeah even if wow in the far future gonna “fail” they still bring in Wc4 the war that happened in WoW.

1 Like

True people of taste be waiting on Warcraft 5.

You think you do, but you dont.

How many wrong and useless things, and lot of lies said new Blizz nowadays, you cant pick one and trash the others, come on. Grow up lmao

WoW is not War4 and never will be, its completely trash, money grab trash

Yeah because Warcraft 1 and 2 are still considered canon uh? I try to understand you point of view but we can only accept it. If blizz say “is canon WoW and Wc3 is not at 100%” we can only accept it. You can’t change it.

And as I said. You still support that if you buy reforged because the model are taken from WoW lore. So if you don’t like it, plays Classic.

I mean aside from it not having a numerical indicator, it is the primary platform for the series to develop and continue from the events of the previously numbered game.

It’s kind of the clear, current sequel in everything except for the game genre.

They are not taken, some have been slightly changed because of WoW fanboys marketing. Units are made for war3 feels nonetheless, or at least tries too.

You have to accept that the creators of War3 are not the creator of WoW last expansions, and above all, not their marketing management. If all tf war3 creators would say “WoW is war4”, then I might consider it.

Gotta learn who works where and respect it of course.

What about the people that own the IP?

I own my house, it wasnt me who did it, I dont even know how they did it and when, cant talk about redoing it.

Common guys, do you really dont know how things and making game work lmao

I really think to some people war3 is not their game, and they should accept it. Its because of blizz nonetheless, trying to cater WoW fanbase into an rts thoughtful lore game.