The real reason why people on these forums can't stop complaining

Most people complaining about the game are just suffering from buyers remorse because they created an illusion that they were buying a different game other than a RTS game.
The reality is very simple, people who play WoW don’t have what it takes to play competitive ladder games like WC3 or StarCraft. They are used to “collecting mounts and reading text” games, not to be tested against another person in a online match, which is what this is game about.
They wanted a campaign single player type of game, they wanted to read text and slay NPCs and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But that’s not what WC3 is about.
WC3’s core game modes are 1v1 ladder, FFA, and online custom games. That’s 99% of what the game is about and it is completely different than the WoW gameplay these people are used to. WoW is not a competitive game, it’s a “get lost in the story and do repetitive tasks” game.
WC3 was announced in the worst Blizzcon of all time and end up getting the attention of a public that simply wouldn’t enjoy it’s gameplay, maybe because there was nothing else of value in 2018’s Blizzcon, maybe for other reasons.

But that doesn’t mean Blizzard can’t cater to the WoW players and work on new official campaigns and release them as DLCs. In fact it would only make sense that they would do it.
But they are not going to do it. At least not right now. The game’s development is really really late. The beta should have been here months ago. It probably should have been released already. If they announce they’ll “bring new extra campaigns to WC3 reforged” before even having finished the game people will be upset. Rightfully so.
But after the launch, after all the necessary patch fixes to the game that will inevitably be needed over the next 3~6 months, I bet they will be adding the content WoW players and other casual Blizzard “fans” (don’t be fan of a company, it’s lame) are looking for.

11 Likes

The campaign is the most important part of the game, it was another step in telling the story of the warcraft. Its the reason warcraft 3 was created, and multiplayer was added just to give it a little longevity. It wasnt like today when games are made first for multiplayer, and they crap on campaigns.

40 Likes

I don’t think anyone (WoW player or not) here is expecting the game to be like WoW and I think all people know what WC3 is about and what an RTS is. Making little changes to the campaign and modernizing the gameplay mechanics is not “catering to WoW players”.

13 Likes

Warcraft 3 is bad example of a RTs game, and an even worse example or RPG-RTS game.

I have played mostly RTS since the Dune2 days, and it has always been my favourite genre. I played hundreds of different RTS games, and can tell you much about the subject, because RTS (not even gaming) is my hobby.

You have no idea what a truly competitive, cutthroat RTS is, if you think Warcraft 3 is one.

Then again, I never bought Reforged in the first place.

I actually think wc3 needs more apm than other rts games since each unit matters alot more compared to other rts games and micro managing everysingle unit can make a huge different.

6 Likes

Can you all please stop connecting WoW trash lore with wc3?

The way to ruin the lore is not the way to cater WoW players, and i don’t give a damn for WoW players, as i am WoW player myself.

No one needs their memories of a good game with outstanding lore be flushed down the toilet to make happy 20% of the brain damaged people who like WoW lore.

RTS and MMORPG can not and should not have same lore.
I prefer it being ignored like this, rather than ruined.

So if you wanna cater WoW players, find something else to ruin, other than lore.

Thanks and bye

10 Likes

Really?? … and what is a good example of an RTS-RPG game. Just found my link to a ‘review’ of a trash mobile RPG-RTS game (allegedly more players than War3 or SC2 playing it) pay-to-not-win that is all about paper-rock-scissors and ‘I have an account that I played for years so I can attack anyone who hasn’t’ aka Level 50 vs Level 10 in War3 language, GM league vs Gold league in SC2 language and thats even rewarded.

Most of you who post here are pretty casual at the game, and think there is no strategy because you need more APM than an average casual RTS. Every decision even during a battle is strategy on its own.

War3 and SC are some of the greatest strategies but go on and think how it’s bad and not competitive… lol OK you are apro gamer arguing on forums… This IS the most competitive RTS’s SC and War3… go on tell me you who went nowhere there how it’s not the ‘cut-throat competitive’

These genres are BY FAR THE MOST competitive RTS games, yes the emphasis isnt on ‘I attacked from an ambush im genious im pro’ it asks for player mechanics but it is what makes the skill curve so high, and so hard to master. Also I see plenty of strategy by players how to get the enemy units in SC2.

When I see complaints about game mechanics (although selection to me isnt a deal if they increased it), imagine the logic but in football:

Why are the fields 90 meters / 270 feet ? We are in 2020 soon darn it… why should the ball not have a drone attached to it for easier maneuver? Why should the players run and we not simplfy these things?

Because when you have these restraints it asks you to BE CREATIVE, INVENTIVE and thats what such games do and whats the beauty in them… you just understand nothing

3 Likes

You offending everyone who is not pro is kinda wrong attitude.

I am preety noob at this game, but i do not think the mechanics of the game should be changed only because i am yet not up to some level.

If one person opens thread and talks about how game should be changed, then you should be refering to that person, or any person that shares his opinion.

You bashing anyone who isn’t pro is preety arrogant to say the least.

So while i get the point you want to say, you are doing it on a completely wrong way.

What a bunch of generalaizing bullshi* posted by the OP…

6 Likes

Spellforce and Warlords Battlecry series. Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth also had Hero, Creeping and Leveling mechanics, and those were much better than War3’s.

This line of thought is hilarious. It’s wrong on so many levels, I can’t even.

First of all, the campaign WC3 and the melee WC3 are two utterly different games. One is a typical casual game, the other is a cybersport.

eSport games are not Call of Duty or Uncharted or what other EA garbage have you.

eSport games are LoL, Dota2, SC2, BW, CSGO, R6, Rocket League. Does any of them look like a “modern game made for multiplayer”? They don’t operate like that.

1 Like

Tell it to blizzard

Blizzcon 2009 Red shirt guy

Q: When we get warcraft 4?

A: You already have it, is WoW

If blizzard state that WoW is the sequel of Wc3 I understand you don’t like it but they create this game, this lore. If they state that you can’t ignore it.

3 Likes

Im not bashing him on not being a pro, I was on my path to training that hard but saying that the game is not a good example of RTS or the genre because it 'needs a lot of APM and im explaining whats pretty about it, figuring things out on your own, with these limitations and skill curve.

Ive seen plenty of people whose excuse of not liking something is because they are bad at it, thus they need excuses why its bad…

Have they reached the glory of War3 in esports? Because I remember just how much this game War3 was hyped, we had national players… it’s what drove me to play hard, now the game is daed because too old because new games came that are not RTS, so it is mostly because RTS is ded for competition and no selection limit will change that.

Money changes everything my friend… Once they exploit the gold mine called WoW, do you really believe they will not make wc4?
WoW is coming to it’s end lore-wise… Now they don’t seem overly interested and even more unskilled to be making up new stuff which people would be up for.

I do have to commend them for making awesome cinematics though.
Now we can all say WoW is wc4, but ofc that is not true.

Once they see the success of the reforge, trust me, before you know it they will announce Wc4 being in development… My honest prediction is that will happen before or around Blizzcon 2022.

You underestimate the power of money my friend, and if any company likes money, it’s defo Blizz bois.

2 Likes

They’ve already made WC4. It’s called WoW. I will scream that from the heights until Hell freezes over. WoW is a textbook definition of a sequel, in that it continues the story from WC3 onward. Admittedly, it’s gone completely batty since - I mean, the next expansion is taking us into Azeroth’s afterlife, and I’m beginning to think the giant sword in Silithus is going to be ignored for the foreseeable future - but people who try to say WoW is a spin-off, not connected to WC3 lore at all, etc. are fooling themselves.

1 Like

Their biggest screw up was making reforged backwards compatible with vanilla.
A big reason i’m pissed off is the inevitable microtransactions and the poor performance. Hope i’m wrong about both in the end but i don’t think so.

4 Likes

This comes off a bit disingenuous and completely ignoring that a lot of the time, games use their singleplayers as tutorials and training modes anyways. So campaigns wind up being the stepping stone to the online play and if they’re enjoyable enough while having a map editor, some people might go “hey I want to do that” and start messing around in it.

Not to mention that Warcraft 3 does have fantastic singleplayer campaigns.

You’ll have to tell Blizzard that, not us.

It’s far more likely they’d make a World of Warcraft 2 or another spinoff game like Hearthstone where it uses the setting but hops genres. World of Warcraft also might just not end unless the playerbase (Classic included) shrinks too much.

2 Likes

The first sign that the playerbase shrinked happened when they made “realm hopping”, and literally it never happened that the server is now full or smth.
There is a catch of why Blizz never reveals true player activity and base.

Even the classic which was a huge hit is starting to fall off drastically, because people forgot how time consuming it is.

You can yell all you like… It is your right and no one should tell you to stop or shut up.

Still the WoW storyline made like what… 8-10 books, which by it’s nature is a bit disencouraging when talking about different lore for wc4.

I personally think that WoW lore has way too many holes and nonsense.
Yet not everything is black, WoW was preety cool place to get us more familiar with some zones and factions and similar things.

But when talking about lore, it is really disappointing, therefore, however this crap with Sylvanas and Jailer ends, it still can’t fix all the mistakes and poor writing so far.

If you think about it from neutral perspective for 10 seconds alone.
You have merged Lich King, by far the most dominant unit atm, Illidan who is wounded, and Scourge with leader ready to tear this world apart.

So many options of whether Arthas decides to do, it can’t be more underwhelming that what they did with WoW…

So many options to make biggest mind blown twist and shake the market and community once again.

As you had a good prince who was once a shield of men, suddenly you had the very same person who became literally what he was fighting against.

So, don’t get me wrong… I am not aiming on lore to be changed for Arthas to be victorius or anything like that… I just want good story which makes sense… Regardless if he ends killed, poisoned, or victorius.

So many characters is ignored in WoW for ages, and they deserve far better treatment…

2 Likes

Yeah but the game’s been on a 10 year decline for playerbase for a while now. For all we know it’s another 10 before it’s “dead”.

Oh man I love a good cliffhanger.

1 Like

U r much worse than them, judging ppl as u wish when u dont know nothing. dont be a toxic fanboy.