"The founding of Durotar" campaign broken since patch

Trying to re-enter the main area from any side area (e.g. leaving the kobold’s tunnels in quest “Seal the Tunnel” to come back to Durotar; leaving Theramore in quest “Escape Theramore” to come back to the Barrens) will simply block the game. As you exit the side area, you get the loading screen for the main area, press a key to continue, the main area comes on screen, and nothing happens. The UI doesn’t even appear anymore. Can’t even press F10. Only thing you can do is ALT + F4.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated graphic drivers, tried starting from a fresh file, yada yada, nothing works. EDIT: also tried switching graphics to both Classic and Reforged.

Forum won’t allow links but I have a video of the bug if that helps.

92 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue. Was gonna do all the steps you take but now I think I’m just gonna give up.

11 Likes

Also had the same thing happen to me after the “Escape from Theramore” quest. It’s as if the game is locked in cinematic mode forever.

10 Likes

I am also having this problem.

The first time it happened, I had cast a spell just before I entered the side area. When I got back, I could hear the spell sound play for a few seconds. But there was no UI or characters visible.

So the game is half-frozen, maybe it’s just the UI that’s broken.

10 Likes

Same issue here. After losing all my progress from the patch, I now can’t do any of the missions where I have to load a new map, because re-entering the main map causes the UI to fail to load and all you can do is force quit. Rough.

10 Likes

I have the same issue. It’s now impossible to play and finish The Founding of Durotar. I won’t even hassle trying to fix it alone, because the OP already did everything that’s possible. Single player campaigns are the main reason why I’ve bought the Reforged version and now I can’t finish the last one. I hope it’ll get fixed in the near future, as it appears that someone is finally working on the game.

10 Likes

I also have the exact same issue since the new patch update hopefully it gets fixed soon

7 Likes

Just found this bug, reloaded 4 times, no success. Just bought this game after not having pc since 2016, was super stoked to replay the Founding of Durotar.

At least when Sentinel level 4 kept crashing the game I could save it every 3 minutes and finish the level, Durotar is unplayable.

8 Likes

Exact same problem, as soon as i leave the area - there´s no going back and im stuck in the Matrix. Pls fix this soon, its truly sad.

8 Likes

Same issue on newest patch.

No chance to change the map back to the main map of Durotar. The transition triggers have somehow been broken. But I dont know how, I would guess the cached saves of the heroes is broken and the mini cut scene does not stop due to the heroes not being initialized. (You see that your heroes are not spawned by the game as they should).

5 Likes

Tried from a new game and an old save file I had, neither worked. Went to do the Thunder lizard quest and it just wouldn’t load my characters when I tried to come back.

6 Likes

yep. i am searching so hard online for any fixes and apparently im outta luck. Thankfully i stumbled on this forums so i can share my pain. I couldnt even get past the first map in Founding of Durotar.

I tried to jump into different sub areas and once I try to return to the main map with Durotar, both my cursor, UI and characters are missing. Just the camera panning onto the map where the supposed exit is. Strange. Hope this gets fix soon

6 Likes

Adding another thing: the bug occurs regardless of whether you use Classic graphics or Reforged graphics. Since changing the graphics actually loads two entierly different sets of maps, this means that the bug is not within the Rexxar campaign’s maps, but in the ability of the game to transition between maps.

7 Likes

Seriously blizzard, having the same problem here. I just bought reforged to play this campaign (and because right now i dont have my tft cds with me) and im very upset that i exactly cant do that. It is completely baffling how blizzard took one of their best games and turned it to sh*t.

8 Likes

I’ve also just found that I’m having this trouble. Tried repairing, tried reinstalling, then finally found this forum that seems to point to the latest patch. Hopefully somebody at Blizz sees this, too.

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Very disappointing.

4 Likes

I am also having the same issue…

4 Likes

There was a “hotfix” today.

At least loading a save game from Thunder Ridge did not fix this issue.

But apparantly the hot fix patched almost nothing and made some stuff worse.

Edit: A new save does not work either.

Still same bug: Not loading the heroes on the OrcX1 Map of the Campaing Foundation of Durotar when transitioning from other Maps and stuck in a mini cutscene, where the entire overlay does not load, neither F10 nor ESC work and you can only ALT+F4 out of it.

6 Likes

Same problem here. Hope they’ll fix soon. You can only play it by installing the old standalone game out off Battle.net.

3 Likes

same here, running win10.

Srsly blizzard, how hard can it be.

2 Likes