The demo vs the current beta

That explains everything, thanks for posting. Starcraft 2’s engine is obviously superior, unit’s movement is smoother and the graphic is prettier.

I think it all hinges on one question: is Reforged expected to be compatible with the orignal W3? If yes, then unfortunately it’s meant to be a massive reskin running on the W3 engine; if no, then maybe the 2018 demo version could be brought back which, according to the previous post, is running on SC2 engine.

Yes.

But graphics can be improved without changing map or save file format.

1 Like

I highly doubt that. The overall performance will still look worse than the demo no matter what they do. W3 engine has its limits. This really feels like false advertising.

3 Likes

Doubt most of us agree with the part “the demo from 2018 looked so clean” Not everyone got access to the demo from home that’s why it worked fine on their Arcade comps at Blizzcon and most people at Blizzcon got a chance to play it.

Can we all agree blizzard’s silence in this is very unprofessional? They went silent for an entire year, release the beta, then goes silent AGAIN. Who does that? Why can’t we have developers like AOE2:DE who actually COMMUNICATE with the community. Just disappointing. I wish them a class-action lawsuit if the release blows, which it will.

3 Likes

I hope the game looks like The Culling demo, lets hope the great graphics back! <3

2 Likes

There are people saying it’s a compatibility issue, does anyone know anything about it?

I don’t know if it’s a compatibility issue, I haven’t seen anything said about it

The game will have crossplay with the classic, right? Will this not cause any problems in the game?

some units look too different and have different sizes, i wouldn’t be surprised that Blizzard say “sorry we can’t make it work, compatibility won’t happen” in the end.

1 Like

Quotes from other topic, is think that will be clear to understand :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome quotes, i think they will know now what is missing in this 2019 beta

wtf is wrong with you souchirou stop posting the same thing over and over, also are you twelve?? I bet you never even played classic to begin with

These “2018 demo comparsion” topics are getting annoying, that’s not even a beta, it was a demo, lol.

if you open the editor and apply some shadows and lighting you get a very similar effect.

Not similar in world editor, the 2018 are still way better.

2 Likes

Even in the Editor the graphics still looking old

2 Likes

True, I also realized that. It’s very sad the currently look and the state of the game :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Hopefully! Hoping they improve the graphics! So i are bringing that feedback for the topic!

1 Like

Noticed that too! When this game will go looks like the same product shown in Blizzcon2018? Where are the modern and realistic graphics from the demo?