Teaser Cinematic is the only one being reworked

sadly only the one they showed will be remastered… the rest of the cinematics are just getting an HD update, thrall will still look like a fugly 2003 monster :frowning:

please no… they need to go full halo 2 with the cinematics…

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgndut9nY0Q at 4:30 this will be the only one getting remastered :frowning: just trying to spread the word so people know

Slightly off topic, but spark by this whole cinematic conversation, I went to see the actual quality of those WoW cutscenes (none CGI) and how they have developed over the years…have to say that I was actually suprised how good the ones done with the game engine look in Legion and BfA, but man is the quality quite piss poor before that between WOTLK and Warlord of Draenor, atleast when the facial animation is concerned…talk about something else that would require remastered treatment…anyhow I hope all that story and cutscenes would one day get turned out to something much better in Warcraft IV, if we cant get fully revamped alternative storyline.

But ye, I still cant get my mind quite around the fact that with Halo 2 Anniversary they went to such lengths as turn nearly 1 hour of previously in-game made cutscenes to CGI cinematics, yet Blizzard is unwilling to do 20 minutes worth of them…

And to anyone unfamiliar with H2A CG cinematics, and the quality we are speaking of…well we are talking about quality that almost rivals that of Blizzard’s cinematic quality:

I mean please Blizzard…dont go cheap with your cinematics!

3 Likes

I actually thought that they were gonna redo all the cinematics. Shame that they wont but as long as they redo the Arthas vs Illidan fight im good

8 Likes

i sorta feel that they cheated by showing us the awesome intro cinematic at blizzcon only for the next cinematic to show the 2003 version of ugly thrall waking up… this will be really jarring and i was hoping they would remake all the cinematics since this is a remake and not just a remaster… (sorta sad that halo 2 got pumped up cinematics even though they were all originally ingame cutscenes yet blizzard is just leaving them all as they were in 2003 with HD touch ups :frowning:

7 Likes

They’re still going to improve the existing cinematics, just not rework it from scratch. I agree with SomeBA, how could anyone have thought they would rework every cinematic in the game? There’s no way they’d be able to finish that in time. Animation takes time folks, take it from an actual animator.

1 Like

Within this thread, quite a few people thought this was going to be the case. Even without this thread there are many people with that expectation. It might not be your expectation since you are an animator, but I’m sure this is news to many of those who are not.

3 Likes

i been talking to my friends and they all had thought that they were all getting remade since they showed the remade one at blizzcon… its sorta fooling people who dont do research or hear about the game that they are remaking them (even though they are not)

No offense but if your friends don’t follow up on a product they’re about to purchase than they are fools. See it as a life lesson. Also I doubt you or your friends will be disappointed just because they didn’t remake all the cinematics from scratch, they will still get some well deserved love and come out prettier than ever within a reasonable timespan. Not to mention there’s more to the game than just the cinematics.

2 Likes

they shouldnt really have to though, blizzard never really made it clear to begin with… the only way to find this info is to even know that they are not getting remastered to begin with and then find the game informer article or video about it… plus i bet that after most people saw the cinematic they showed at blizzcon, a majority of them thought that the rest were getting remastered as well. the website doesnt really state that either, it should say (4 hours of reforged cutscenes (but HD touch up for the CGI ones)

2 Likes

Cutscenes meaning the intros to each mission, outtros, interludes, and mid-mission stuff.

Cinematics are cinematics.

1 Like

Like KingOmelette says, they told us they would remake the cutscenes not the cinematics. Cinematics are however still being “remastered” just not built from scratch like the intro. If you ever dabbled with 3d work you would know there’s a lot you can do with just polishing up the lighting and adding new textures.

2 Likes

when people say “no offense” then go onto say something that could be offensive lol

but anyways, it sucks that they are not remaking those cinematics. blizzard is known for their epic CG cutscenes and it would be a shame to not get them remade like the one they showed at blizzcon… (also sad that halo 2 did over 50 minutes of in-game cutscenes and made them into over 50 minutes of beautiful CG cinematics, which was way unnecessary but was amazing and got them a lot of praise)

3 Likes

sadly when looking at the comments on the remade intro CG cinematic for Reforged… a lot of people do think that they are remaking them all. I do doubt that they wont have anything done CG wise before its release however i hope they do tell us if they plan on doing them after the game is released :smiley: rather get them after then have them not remake them at all

3 Likes

yeah, I hope at the least they can add them slowly post launch, most of the Reign of chaos cinematics don’t hold up as well (thrall does not look that good in todays standards)

6 Likes

well i’ll remain optimistic, like wildpants did say, blizzard is well know for top of the line cinematics. just hope that they eventually get around to remaking them since every cinematic in warcraft 3 were BIG events that shaped the lore and that they are more then deserving of the glorious upgrade that the intro cinematic got (which is the weakest of the cinematics, story wise. it doesn’t have the punch of arthas killing his father or grom dying to free his people)

3 Likes

i think that’s what they will end up doing. i don’t see a lot of people liking that the new game has 2003 cinematics. I wouldn’t mind if i knew, if they announce anything about it, that they will give the other ones the love that they deserve <3

1 Like

Ye well thats what I try to tell anyone who is requesting full scale CG animated movie from Blizzard, just how much work and resources that requires…

I understand fully that remaking these CG cinemaitcs wouldnt happen just like that in week or two, but like said, take Halo 2 Annivesrary for example…50 minutes of cutscenes that were originally made with in-game engine were turned into CGI cinematics…so if Blizzard had starting to work with this cinematics early on, 25 minutes of them that RoC and TFT had could have certainly been remade in 2-3 years. But clearly thats not something that their cinematic deparment was willing to do/pour resources to, which is shame

If the old cinematics will be upscalled to 1080p i see no problem with that. I even like it more. For example the old infernal model was waaaay more scary. It looked less like alien and more like hell-born fire golem. Which was awesome. And in WOW (and so i fear in reforged) the infernals look just as some aliens with some magical yellow light coming out of them. I was actually kind of scared of Grom and Thrall in those remakes. So more resolutions is super cool with me. But if they just keep it 126p or whatever it was way back when. Thats not cool.