Teaser Cinematic is the only one being reworked

I believe they said they’ll even be 4k, not just 1080p, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

I like the new Infernal. Not the Legion in-game model, mind you, but in the cinematics. Far greener. In the original 1999 cinematic, it was so bright, you couldn’t even see it properly. In 2016, it landed on the flying ship, so again you couldn’t see it properly. The 2018 cinematic, however, is glorious.

2 Likes

The amount of people here rethinking a purchase about it is ridiculous. How did people expect Blizzard to remake every single cinematic by 2019? Cinematics take a long time to do, we’d be waiting years for Reforged to come out, and people would be whining about how far away it is.

They said the cinematics will be full HD, which means 1920x1080.

When they said cinematics they were referring to the pre-rendered movies, not the in-game cut scenes.

Illidan Vs. Arthas will get remade. Archimond destroying Dalaran will not. “Glad you could bake it, Uther” will be remade, Illidan monologing about betrayal will not.

1 Like

I meant as a cinematic as they originally intended the fight to be. They had the cinematic models for both characters but ran out of time so we got the upscaled cutscene instead

That would be cool and perhaps even possible within the time frame as long as people stop pushing for other unrealistic things. However as they now have more experienced animators and improved in-game graphics I’m sure a normal cutscene can be pretty mind blowing as well. Have faith!

Easy, start to work on those early enough…if 50 minutes of high quality CGI cutscenes/cinematics could be done for Halo 2 Anniversary, surely Blizzard would be capable of re-doing 25 minutes of Warcraft III: RoC and TFT cinematics if that work had been started early enough and if there was a will to put resources behind it.

2 Likes

yeah, warcraft 3 is such a big game if you think about it… there would be no world of warcraft without it. which is why i think they should give it the full remastered experience and make the remastered CG cutscenes…

That is a little sad, I also thought that the other cutscenes would be remastered, too. But I am sure the video will still be a little bit better, as in one interview Pete said, that they had to downscale the videos for the pc cd/dvd to fit on there. You would not need that now, so maybe this was ment with the “reforged” cutscenes.

I don’t know, I feel like people are reacting strongly as to what could simply be bad reporting. I’d hope they’d remaster the cinematics, and it would make sense since that’s what they were advertising when they remastered the original. I’d be surprised if they pulled that over us, only remastering one and then leaving the rest untouched.

I think we should calm down a bit before jumping to conclusions here on one article. This simply wouldn’t make sense from any perspective.

1 Like

It actually makes sense from a financial perspective. The budget for this remake is likely not the same as a full new game. The cinematic teaser remade is part of the marketting budget. The game itself is already redoing all the units, adding new voices and redoing the entire campaign with new ingame cutscenes. We dont even know if we will be getting orchestrated music right now. Remaking the cutscenes by the cinematics department would take time and development away from other projects like WoW, which will have a new expansion next year, as well as possibly Diablo 4 and the yearly Overwatch cinematic releases.

3 Likes

i hope this is the case <3

They are remastering all of them. The point is that the only one they are remaking from the ground up is the first one for marketing reasons. (Which is understandable, even though some kids here are acting out.)

1 Like

They should remake all cinematics, I´m fine if I have to wait longer and pay a bit more. Remaking all visuals except the cinematics would look wierd, I mean the cinematics aged well but just res. them higher while everything else is so improved? Disappointing.

1 Like

Well yeah, that’s a given.

We should have fully orchestrated music, all the original voice actors back and a new engine that has support for both original and updated pathing too. And an unlimited budget for the remake.

But that’s not what this is.

2 Likes

Are you sure? It could take up to several years to make nine cinematics. You know, it took like 9 months to make one cinematic for Diablo 3. Also, it would cost millions. Are you ready to pay double for the game just because of the cinematics? Making 9 cinematics is like making an animated short film: it’s not cheap or quick and the Classics team has very limited budget. That’s why they are already outsourcing modeling.

2 Likes

Good - budget should be spent on actual game content not needless cinematic remasterings - they still hold up.

It’s like this forum is full of 13 year olds.

2 Likes