Teaser Cinematic is the only one being reworked

Xhttps://www.gameinformer.com/exclusive-interview/2018/11/12/how-blizzard-created-warcraft-iiis-classic-cinematics

Looks like they’re just going to upres the existing cinematics. This doesnt sound good for hopes of a remade Arthas vs Illidan cinematic by the cinematics team.

18 Likes

No idea how anyone thought they were gonna redo them all honestly. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’m disappointed of this.

On playwarcraft3 .com they told ‘4+ hours of REFORGED cutscenes’, I hoped something better than on Starcraft Remastered which also only used better versions of same cinematics.

Viewing a redone opening cinematic was implying that they would redo all of them.

At least, I think we would get a redone Arthas vs Illidan cinematic as it was game engine and as we could see in The Culling, they seem to be remaking all game engine cutscenes.

19 Likes

Cutscenes as in the mission interludes and in-game cutscenes. Not cinematics.

Are you sure that’s not just what you interpreted?

3 Likes

Getting a redone opening cinematic + seeing this caption on the website made me logically understand that… well, how about the others?

7 Likes

Ohh, that sucks. I thought they were going to redo all cinematics…
Because you know, maybe Archimonde destroying Dalaran looks decent, but Thrall having the vision and waking up… He doesn’t look that good.

24 Likes

No, that’s a jump to conclusions. The thing that always sticks with me about Blizzard cinematics is that it took them, according to bonus feature stuff from the D3 collector’s edition I believe it was, 9 months to make the opening cinematic for Diablo 3. From the initial concept steps to storyboarding, scriping, and writing to building the assets (models, rigging them for animation, a texture and material library).

Well, I thought that’s why they want 30€ instead of 15… (well, a part of).

But I don’t understand why you would think the other cinematics would have lower quality treatment while the caption tells you all is ‘REFORGED’ when you see the opening cinematic.

Doing otherwise is almost lying advertisment.

15 Likes

Critical thinking skills solve all of this.

That makes no sense.

What about the cinematics for the destruction of Dalaran? Death of Archimonde? Death of Mannoroth? Mediev visiting Lordaeron? Thrall’s dream?

There may be others I forget but surely those will not be in-game cutscenes.

2 Likes

Yea… Ummm why would you assume the best case scenario? Seriously… Is anyone even human in this thread? There is a reason we are programmed by nature to be pessimistic… :fallen_leaf:

3 Likes

They turned the culling of stratholme into a cinematic from a cutscene. There really shouldn’t be anything to infer from that. They certainly weren’t going to turn each cutscene into a cinematic. And you can hardly infer from one scene, which wasn’t even originally a cinematic, that they were going to redo all the cinematics from the game.

Oh, kind of disappointing.
I was getting hype for Grom & Thrall’s epic cinematic!

10 Likes

What a letdown, I wanted to see Illidan VS Arthas in CGI, now I rethinking my purchase of this game.

12 Likes

oh come on, this is enough for me to not buy it to be honest. is there something we can do? EVERYBODY, SPREAD THIS FACT, AND MAKE SURE PEOPLE LIKE GRUBBY KNOW TO TELL BLIZZARD WE NEED THE CINEMATICS

honestly, i don’t care if that means it’s pushed back a full year. it will be worth it.

13 Likes

I wonder if you had the same reaction to Starcraft Remastered’s cinematics not beign remade.

Personally, I’ll appreciate all the effort taken re-animating of the in-engine, in-game interludes and cutscenes. Remade cinematics would be in the 100% ideal world but I’d rather have the game in my hands faster with tremendously, tremendously improved graphics to freshen up the already existing, engaging gameplay.

4 Likes

I would honestly be willing to wait a bit longer to see them recreate the cinematic’s.

11 Likes

Did any of you pay attention at the panel? The cinematics were originally made in 4k but had to be dumbed down as expected. The original form is still there and they are retouching that. The cinematics are going to look great.

3 Likes

Very disappointing as well. When they said “Reforged Cinematics” in the announcement trailer, I thought they meant like the redone opening cinematic. I would really have liked to see Thrall, Arthas and Archimonde in modern rendering instead of just upscaled old ones.

Not a game breaker, but… Still disappointing.

17 Likes

Nah, it’s the other way around, would have made much more sense for a fully reforged experience, not 3/4 of one. That’s just weird. Meanwhile, brace yourselves for another dozen Saurfang/Anduin drama mini-episodes for World of Warcraft. Feelsbadman.

Still hyped and all, but heh, that’s the first cloud on this epic sunrise.

2 Likes