Teaser Cinematic is the only one being reworked

the cinematics was the biggest selling point for me… I really wanted to experience the betrayal of Arthas and his ascension, Archimonde destroying dalaran, and Medivh giving the warning with the reforged love that they gave to the intro of the game… (which isnt even that good compared to the other cinematics) and for new players coming in, when they see the first cinematic they will be blown away… then just moments later they will get the 2003 thrall waking up from his dream and they will be like “wait… why does this look like crap now?” i just hope they change their mind and go full halo 2 remastered with these cutscenes…

4 Likes

it is a disappointing to here that cause, game that brought them WOW deserves more than misleading marketing I guess…

3 Likes

30E for half Reforged game :thinking: please Blizzard don’t be lazy I wanna this game lasts for next 15years. What will new players think when they see cool opening cinematic and then other cinematics with just little tweaks(resolution,etc.).They will say cash-grab or something, or you just reskin game for another 30E from us. Please Blizzard, my hype will die :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

If you want to see a true cash grab just check out Age of Empires/Mythology for cashgrab re-masters.

I sometimes wonder if they would all be better if they were remade ingame rather than as CG.

The positive would be that we have a uniform graphics system for the entire game which does help it age well, and we could modify them at our whim. On the negative… they were fantastic videos, and it’d be a shame to lose them.

1 Like

The game doesn’t hinge on the cinematics. The game hinges on the game.

2 Likes

Having reworked cinematics or not shouldn’t be a factor whether you buy the game or not. The game will thrive on gameplay, accessibility, quality of life improvements, improved world editor and more in game options. I hope the game will be a success so Blizzard will focus more on the Warcraft RTS in the future. This is the most important thing.

1 Like

They are still going to be properly remastered, not just little tweaks. And I highly doubt anybody’s going to leave or stay with the game because of cinematics… Also, it’s not about being lazy: do you know much work there is to make cinematics? It would cost millions to make all the cinematics and take several months worth of time per cinematic. They usually make like 1 to 3 cinematics per WoW expansion, and now they should push out 9 cinematics in a year?

3 Likes

No way. I was so impressed and excited when I realised the intro cinematic was remade, it was a massive part of the reason why I was sooooo hyped for the remaster. Even if the graphics are upscaled… it will be odd if the cinematics don’t match the remastered in-game stuff.

Even if they don’t remaster the whole thing… I’ve got my fingers crossed they at least make an easter-egg “Illidan, Arthas fight” Cutscene. I have been imagining what an epic fight that would have been for years!

4 Likes

The thing is that Blizzard announced and showed a Warcraft 3 Remake, not a remastered version of the game. Now, their customers awaits, and preordered for a remaked version of the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

But they never said they were going to remake everything in the game, and nobody should expect that.

2 Likes

There’s a few things that should be tweaked:

1. Make sure Thrall and the Orcs in the Prologue cinematic are consistent with the look of the rest of the game.

2. Re-edit the opening Human cinematic to make the place where Medivh flies over consistent with lore. Specifically, the snow area should look more like Alterac, and the desert area should be cut as there’s no such desert in Eastern Kingdoms.

3. Remove the “Blizzard Entertainment Presents” thing from the Prologue and the Illidan cinematic since these are not the first cinematic of WC3 (The Prophecy cinematic is).

1 Like

Alright, no new game mode, no new cinematics.

Then what do we get for 30-40 dollar/euro? New skin and voice for the old unit, a ladder and then the game dies off like SC1 remaster?

Is this really worth the quick cash grab?

1 Like

To be honest the cinematics from the Frozen Throne look good enough. The rest, well, not as good.

Kinda sucks but it wasn’t something I was crazy about.

Ye, what Microsoft/343 decided to do with Halo 2 cutscenes, having ALL ingame cutscenes and even the bonus one from H2 multiplayer map pack redone full CGI with Blur doing those cinematics…that really set new bar how things should be done in remaster/remake (whatever you wanna call it).

Heck if Microsoft/343 could do with nearly 1 hour worth of very high quality CGI cinematics, I dont see why Blizzard could not do it as well with 25 minutes worth of cinematics. Ye granted, its different thing outsourcing this to company like Blur who are only focused on doing those CGI trailers and cinematics than do them yourself like Blizzard does, but still…

4 Likes

Oh, so if they just made the cinematics, players wouldn’t leave? Only reason they will now leave is because the cinematics weren’t remade from the ground up, “just remastered”?

Personally I’m fine if they change cinematic style from cgi to something like “daughter of the sea” or in-game engine with after effects to it (machinima).
Something like this videos:
xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF-BJTdRmK8
xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo7XPvwRgG8
Changing to one of this styles will save them a lot of time and money. And cinematics will look modern.

MADCAT has a good suggestion there, if they make the newer cutscenes like the Lords of War / Harbingers / Warbringers series, it would still kick a**, but i sincerely would prefer remade cinematics over them.

Speaking of remade cinematics, remember when Jeff Chamberlain said that they would be remaking only the announcement cinematic? He also said that they recycled assets such as the orc model. perhaps they could recycle and re-use some models they have like the Grommash Hellscream model that was made for the Warlords of Draenor cinematic?

They have Arthas and Illidan. They would need to uodate Grom to greenskin, need new Archimonde, Malfurion, Thrall, Medivh and Terenas model.

That is a lot of work.

And that’s not all, the would have to recreate the scenery as well, the different animations, particle effects etc…