Serious question. Is what they are doing legal?

Blizzard literally streamed everything from Blizzcon themselves…

The floor was open to streamers. Streamers streamed the Stratholme encounter not Blizzard, did it occur at Blizzcon? Yes. But it was through streamers and Blizzard clearly made it known that like all demo products they are subject to change. So there’s no case there.

Blizzard also said the only cinematic that would be remade from the ground up was the intro… I’ve said this 3x to you now and you aren’t reading it I guess. The remaining cinematics were reforged into 4K which they delivered… maybe it wasn’t what you wanted /expected.

Reports of Blizz banning people and actively trying to prevent people from getting refunds…

I’ve been on this forum since beta and this is not the case. I reported a lot of people who spamming refund threads. Those people were suspended/ banned because they were being toxic. It gets annoying trying to answer threads while people spam. There’s A LOT of people receiving refunds. If you aren’t receiving a refund then come to this forum, or even this thread and post it. It’s easy to say things we don’t see. As you’ve probably noted by now, I and a lot of others will ask for sources, evidence before believing things, and that’s okay.

No. It would be maybe the single most significant point to be made in the case. Its not subjective.

No? Oh man… STEAM would have a class action lawsuit everyday. Anthem was much worse than this and they don’t have one.

Not trying to prove completion. The point is proving INcompletion. Easy argument to make, but it would up to the courts.

Can you please take a moment and make this easy argument? Please link sources, evidence and Blizzard development time tables, behind the scene communications, etc…

Sorry, but I don’t think you’ve shown anything that takes away from the points others have made. “Having a case” does not mean guaranteed win, but regardless, this smoke has fire.

Have you dealt with courts/law/attorneys? You seem very sure. You seem as sure as I did when I first received legal representation and got a rude awakening on how the law really works.

You’ve not made a case at all. Again, many people are loving the game. There’s a lot of misinformation because peoples did not keep up with public information that was put out by Blizzard. You seem sure of yourself so I wish you the best in your lawsuit.

Please look at Triceron’s post before mine… he know’s what he’s talking about. Legality is clearly not your field nor mine, but I have been exposed to it and if you think Blizzard is bad… go hire an attorney, you’ll know what crooked really is.

I mean Australian’s can complain to the ACCC and they will go after them and if they tried the whole “we are an american company” like valve and Bethesda did they will lose.

What do I care if I get banned from forums for a game I refunded? Other than the fact that I will still play the original… I never needed the forums to do that anyways.

1 Like

Again, don’t speak sense. You’ll make brains cave-in.

They are telling the truth from a certain point of view. They delivered in the letter of the law, not the spirit.
Legally, they kinda-sorta delivered what they promised. In-game cutscenes were “improved” ever-so-slightly, with new models and occasional animations here and there and the UI is different… so they delivered on their promise, just not the way you expected.
As for them hijacking your original WC3 client - think about it as an “update” for WoW. The fact that it doesn’t “update” anything of note it not important from the legal standpoint.
What they done is appaling, but legally speaking, you’d be arguing semantics.

So, and i am assuming that you have some legal knowledge/training here, what about the Strathholme cinematic? Would that be considered an example of what was offered by “improved”? What about changes to the product over time after the time of purchase? Legally speaking how does that stuff work?

That was a WIP - Work in Progress which was shown off by streamers at blizzcon. It was clearly stated, just like every single video game in humankind every created that a WIP is subject to change. Want to know why? WIP = Work In Progress. Tomorrow I’ll teach you how to get Z all the way from A.

I’m not a lawyer myself, just have some experience with legal deals and “fine prints”, but with regards to this Stratholme cinematic - there is a reason they put this giant “NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF A FINAL PRODUCT” text in the trailer. It’s to cover their butt in case they don’t deliver it. They just showed you version that they might release, they didn’t promise anything. And they backed away from that in one interview or another, so it’s not they did’nt “inform” you.
They sneakiily did just enough so that every legal lawsuit against them will fail.

1 Like

Stop, just let them think they can sue. it makes me feel better in the inside. Everyone thinks they can sue. The difference of in-game graphics from classic to reforge is astronomical. The difference between classic and reforged cinematic on 4K is a big difference while still staying true. People expected something different. It’s not up to Blizzard to fill the gaps in peoples brains. People refused to stay up-to-date on content and stories. It’s on them.

Don’t get me wrong - I would absolutely love for someone to sue Blizzard for what they pulled off with Reforged, because that wasn’t the deal.
I get why fans are angry. I am angry myself about how things turned out. I am just a realist and I know Blizzard has done just enough to probably avoid any legal backlash and you can’t sue them for “unrealistic expectations” because that’s how they are going to present it in any court.

It’s also a community demand to NOT change much of the classic game. I can’t speak to the LAN or the features missing. Which I hope they re-implement and separate both games into different platforms (Classic and Reforged). However, if you do a Google Search between SEP 2018 - NOV 2019, you will see plenty of articles of the community NOT wanting changes to: story (orig. they were going to rehash the WC3 story to fit into WOW), ppl didn’t want voice changes, ppl didn’t want cinematics to be changed, etc… Kinda like Command and Conquer is literally remastering everything but keeping it true to the original via 4K. This isn’t WC4, this is literally the SAME exact game. And yes there are issues with features missing but we are literally at the 72 hour mark of game release and people are treating it like the games been out for weeks without a word from Blizzard. Hopefully they admit fault and fix certain aspects.

AS for me and a lot of my m8s, we love the game and haven’t experienced a lot of the problems ppl have. Hopefully they won’t experience them any longer in the near future.

Add to this the lies about unlocking Hero skins from campaign into multiplayer according to their blog post about Reforging the Undead.

"“Varimathras was the vainglorious brother,” says Pete. “His pride keeps him in shape. Definitely not a demon to skip leg day. There was also a trading card version of him with an exquisite pair of mutton chops that we couldn’t keep off his face.”

In addition to their single-player campaign appearances, all reforged Dread Lord models will be available in multiplayer.

As with many hero units, multiple Crypt Lord models will be playable in multiplayer. "

That is all lies. You can’t select these skins for multiplayer at all. They don’t even show up in the collection. And they also don’t randomly appear in multiplayer games. Its straight up fraud.

I realized that Ghinki thinks this game is actually great. from another thread… Why you choose so hard to defend a game that’s clearly an incredible disappointment is beyond my comprehension

1 Like

I am not american but if it is legal, i hope this gets changed soon because its bs.
Make an example out of Blizzard to make consumer law better.

1 Like

Support agent refused my refund due to ‘reasonable amount of time played’ - excuse me, what, how much time are we allowed to check out how much they lied to us? They even calculated the server downtime at launch where we were able to play Chat Simulator 2020 because matchmaking and custom games were unable to do anything.

1 Like

blizzard iun some way or fashioned told people they where purning a lot of the new content idk where or how but taht is enough to keep them off the chopping block i THINK

most company policies are an hour to two hours if youv been playing it ovr that long no refund

Most companies listen for reasons. Most companies wont rob their customers. Most companies are transparent and you can decide if you want to buy their product or not.

It’s not just me, journalist who preordered the game as well were baffled what happened here. And their job is to look after any worthy news. THE GAME IS STILL ADVERTISED WITH SCRAPPED FEATURES. Stop defending the company.

1 Like

They scamming us

I’m playing the classic version in the Reforged client as I write this.

That’s where you’re wrong.