Remove the 12 unit cap for ALL MODES

Removing the 12 unit cap is welcomed in SC, but I don’t think it’s necessary in W3. This game is hero centered and small army is encouraged. The supply cap is merely 100 and regulated by the upkeep tax (30% less gold income when you reach 40 supplies, and 60% when you reach 70). Each hero cost 5 supplies, and most units in mid and late games cost 3, 4, 5 or more supplies each. In most cases you only have 2 active battle groups if you wanna maintain your army below 70 supplies.

I really hope they reconsider this, i mean keep it original… but this 12 unit selection… like other PROS and LONG TIME players have say… it is best to get it out and move on.

This will really f$ck with my custom game atmosphere if you can only 12 unit selection… there are meant to be big battles (~200/300 pop cap)… how the hell will people play my game if only 12 units to select (+12 extra if use control keys) xd. GGWP…

and how the hell would you add in a button for it to work it, but… if must… then do that.

1 Like

I’d personally like to see the macro from SC2 be implenented here… Love seeing the tabs that I set up for certain units and structures. And selecting your entire army is a possibility. +1 from me!

2 Likes

its not really a good argument!
by removing 12 unit limit the game will be more friendly for new player and returning players that want it gone! we get more players that way and it does not change strategy much it does not stop micro units we are not asking to increase the supply cap that wuld destroy balance!
ofc players gona use heroes but with unlimited unit cap it opens the game to alot more fun! 12 unit limit is a restriction that is not fun!

removing 12 unit limit does not change the gameplay at all!
that is nostalgia talking!

12 unit limit will discourage new players from playing the game…

3 Likes

12 unit cap is a relic from the past limitations and it implies close to none skill have that one or two units in a third or fourth control group just because you couldnt fit them in group anymore. 12 unit cap only makes the game tiny bit more frustrating and once it’s removed nobody will miss it and go “Oh back in the day when you could put only 12 units in the cap was the time wc3 had skill”.

And if someone wants to group up all units under 1 hotkey, they should be allowed. It’s bad, and only newbies will do it while they need to focus on learning more dominating aspects of the game, so who gives a crap?

6 Likes

I agree, it is outdated, however, it makes Warcraft 3, Warcraft 3, so I’d suggest instead an option to disable the 12 unit selection limit, could be good for some custom games, I think personaly that it adds extra chalange, and it is why I like Warcraft 3 so much :slight_smile: But I’d personaly just kept it as it is. #NoChanges

I’d like the cap removed for all games. I don’t see it as an issue. Those that micro will likely have an advantage, but there is no harm in people using macro because that’s what they want to do. I used to do micro, but now I’m more macro focused because I’m an old man and can’t think as quickly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

U dont need it. Nobody cares about it. If u have probs with 12 unit cap dont start to play wc3, because you will have a lot of more probs than just 12 units cap.LOL. Warcraft is much harder to learn than sc. Plz dont start to find any reasons for your own bad play

No…
No!
This is still being discussed…

Of course it is still being discussed. Why? Because the amount of new players FAR outweighs the amount of currently active players.

According to various surveys that has been done here the players who want unlimited selection cap are actually a minority

Yep. Like I said, that is almost entirely the current player base. I’m talking about those that will come when the game is fully released.

Hmm … i think those casuals would stop playing after 2 weeks no matter the QoL you bring into the game. Not sure tho, just my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah, you could be right. I’m not sure either. Some might have SC2 experience. Some might be from WoW or HotS or Hearthstone or something else. But I think increasing the cap does more good than harm, because micro will still win out. That’s just my opinion too though. :slight_smile:

Yeah, as the guy above me said, most of theese people who want to remove the 12 unit cap probably played SC2 and want it easier, I on one hand would benefit from it sure, but I think the 12 unit cap is a core “feature” that needs to stay.
I don’t deny the option in like world editor or something, for some fun custom games, where it could be uncapped. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the new readers have clearly not readed between all those 166+ comments! 12 unit limit cap is not core mechanic it just a frustration restriction so keeping it is more nostalgia talking!

removing 12 unit cap wont change the gameplay that much u always need to micro

u still have upkeep u still have hero to move and if they play online they lose vs somon that knows how to micro! and yes they learn from losing…

but as to be told again they already answered a Q/A so they may gona create to ladders 1 with unit cap and 1 without its not a remastered its reforged

12 unit cap removed will make it abit more easy for new players to play that we all know but not in players vs players dont forget upkeep is 100 so they can mass produce army but it will relax players when they want to move 20 unit and more but as to be said again removing the unit cap wont stop micro strats

1 Like

:edit: people can have played other rts with no unit limit like C&C we are in 2018+ 12 unit limit does not really make sense its a reason most people in warcraft 3 plays custom game with a single unit like tower defense and angel arena etc etc 12 unit limit makes the game less enjoyable its that simple

Without modernizing the game to modern realities, warcraft will remain a half-dead game

4 Likes

But it is. It’s intention, along with upkeep, is to make each unit important and encourage more micro as opposed to the “balls of death” as some would say of games like C&C and SC. That just isn’t what WC is about.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong. I love C&C and I love SC, because it is fun to create a death ball and just roll over the enemy. But I also respect what WC3 did as well. It made me care about my units more. Just my opinion there though.

3 Likes

even tho it migh have been limitation of the tech they used to make WC3 when it was actualy groundbreaking at the time, I still think its “core feature” and it makes Warcarft 3, Wacraft 3, as I said above allready. its not a good argument or in my view excuse to say:

You are right, it is 2018, but Warcraft is a gem from 2002 :slight_smile:

2 Likes